Ratings for Dr. John Lomonaco

Dr.LoMonaco is awesome, extremely knowledgeable and dedicated, nothing but a top notch surgeon supported by an outstanding staff. I was beyond impressed with my procedure and care I received. Dr.LoMonaco and his staff go above and beyond the call of duty. Such an awesome group!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

My experience with Dr. Lomonaco and all his staff has just been great. I went in for a consultation for a body lift following weight loss. From the moment I first walked in his door everyone was so friendly and made me feel so comfortable. My initial consultation with Dr. Lomonaco was very detailed as he answered every question I had and even discussed issues I hadn't thought about. Dealing with him was like dealing with a friend and he really made me feel at ease. I am so happy with the results of the first 2 surgeries and am looking forward to the results of the 3rd and final part. Everyone there makes you feel like you are their only patient and are totally committed to your well being. Dealing with them has been a great experience and of course my results speak for themselves!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

Upon finally committing to a breast augmentation (BA) after waiting so many years, I pretty quickly realized that - aside from the prerequisite board certification - searching for a qualified cosmetic surgeon is much like shopping for a new car if one doesn't really know where to begin. I ran an internet search on top plastic surgeons of Houston and Dr. LoMonaco's name was one of those listed. I relied heavily on the information within each surgeon's website, as well as patient reviews and the surgeon's body of work (no pun intended) in their photo galleries. I made the decision to go ahead and schedule a consultation with Dr. LoMonaco and his staff. First thing that crossed my mind upon meeting Dr. LoMonaco: he looks like a really handsome version of Star Trek's Data character (for you sci fi geeks out there). I know, this has nothing to do with his work, but it really was the first thing that crossed my mind. As I listened to Dr. LoMonaco talk about himself and what he does and does not specialize in, I realized I'd made the right choice in surgeons. This doctor answered all of my questions and prompted me to ask more; he wants his patients to be as well informed as possible regarding their choice prior to and after the surgical procedure. Dr. LoMonaco also has a great sense of humor, and you have no idea just how important something like this is when it comes to making an anxious patient more at ease. He answered all of my concerns with confidence and expertise, which made me feel better about the safety issues with the implants I ultimately chose for my BA. Another reason that I felt I'd made a great choice in Dr. LoMonaco is that he did NOT try to push a larger size on me than what I really wanted. I'm 53 at the time of this writing, and at my age, I did not want anything that looked fake or over the top. Dr. LoMonaco agreed totally with what I wanted and reinforced my choice by telling me his opinions regarding my then-current breast size, the width of my chest area and what my skin could handle. Now, that is not to say that the doctor would not acquiesce to your wishes in whatever BA size you wish, but he *will* be realistic with you in explaining the pros and cons. Dr. LoMonaco's entire staff is so friendly and professional and great at making their patients feel at ease. I personally believe a surgeon's choice of staff is reflective of the way the doctor carries out his or her business. One more reason I feel I made a great choice with Dr. LoMonaco is that he's a true artist. In addition to understanding that the quality of his work is what keeps him in business, he truly wants each patient to look their best and he will do what it takes to bring out that physical beauty. I couldn't be happier with my new breasts ("The Girls") and highly recommend this Houston plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

After extensive research on surgeons in my area (and even out of state), I came to Dr. John LoMonoaco, for a consultation on an abdominoplasty and decided to hire him as my surgeon. I liked that I felt extremely comfortable with him and his staff. He offered an honest opinion and is a very optimistic doctor. I also liked that he takes his time and doesn't seem rushed when he talks to you. Dr. LoMonaco can recognize me every time and is so nice during my follow ups and his and his staff's customer service is great! Bedside manner is at a 200%!!! My post op results have been amazing and I am so happy with the way I look. They walk you step by step on everything you have to do. If you are looking for the best, I would highly recommend Dr. John LoMonaco. I wouldn't even think of going anywhere else.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

It took me a year to decide on a plastic surgeon since I knew a breast reduction can be horribly disfiguring if not done correctly. Dr. Lomonaco is a true artist and passionate about the work he performs. I am grateful I chose him and I am beyond happy with the results. His staff and his approach to aftercare far exceeded my expectation. I have worked in the Medical industry clinically and commercially for over 20 years in Houston so I was fortunate to have an insiders perspective on several Surgeons in the Houston/surrounding areas. I only wish I had gone to Dr. Lomonaco 5 years ago for the breast reduction and not waited so long.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

After reading glowing reviews of the services provided by Dr. John LoMonaco, I can’t help but ask myself – what sets him apart from his peers, that he would so consistently score highest star ratings? Having sustained a weight loss approaching 100 lbs with follow-up breast reconstruction, lower body lift and vertical thighplasty all performed by Dr. L, I believe it can be summed up in one word: “normal”; or more aptly expressed –“best!-normal”. He has the unsurpassed capacity to establish or restore your “best!-normal”! First, he has fine–tuned his skills to exclusively meet body contour needs (he won’t do face/neck lifts; but did recommend Dr. Russell Kridel, who could - and did an amazing job on me; a red flag should go up if a plastic surgeon claims to excel at head/neck procedures, as well as body contouring – I know because I’ve made that mistake in the past). By fine–tuned, I mean Dr. L refined an obvious natural talent to the level of surmounting the really complex cases (for example the procedure he performed on national television – TLC “Big Medicine”). One only achieves that type of proficiency by doggedly pursuing a passion and treating volumes of patients – each with their own unique set of problems. My “aha! moment” came when I was at a consultation with a 5th plastic surgeon and the patient coordinator mumbled something about how their surgeon did a lot of contour cases except the really tough ones like what Dr. LoMonaco does, which was my lightening bolt of clarity (I responded - “Who?”, sensing her immediate remorse for mentioning his name; so - even though I was weary of the selection process, I opted for one more journey to Houston, this time to consult with Dr. L). Seriously – why contemplate anyone else! Surely, I reasoned, Dr. L could normalize me if he could succeed with the really tough cases. Or imagine, if you only needed breast enhancement or a tummy tuck – no doubt; Dr. L would be the go-to surgeon. Second, he actually studies your problem before going to the OR and details his plan (sounds funny, but most just give a cursory glance). Third, he is realistically direct (some may interpret as blunt) and won’t “sugar-coat” what he can and can’t do. On the flip side, a compassionate overall countenance is recognizable. Fourth, his high-star rating is supported by an “all-star” staff – Destiny, Chela, Vicki, Stacy, Crystal and Lauren have all been a pleasure. Destiny and Chela, his OR assistant and nurse – respectively, both offer their cell phone numbers and friendly support 24/7. Finally, my path to weight loss has been a long one, accompanied by many bumps in the road. I began by psyching myself into believing that I was “normal” and strived to eat like a “normal” person for just one day at a time. However, the resultant residual lax skin was anything but normal, and something no amount of exercise could alter. Now healing from my last surgery, the vertical thighplasty by Dr. L, I can see that I didn’t acquire the thighs of Giselle; but then again, didn’t become fluent in mandarin either. Instead, I recognize an emerging improvement and symmetrical contouring that is truly remarkable; something I never dreamed possible given the amount of damage at start. Dr. John LoMonaco is transforming me into my “best!-normal”! – synching my body more in tune with my psyche.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Two procedures with Dr. Lomonaco......fixing a hysterectomy scar/tummy tuck and a breast reduction. Beyond happy with both results. Staff is awesome. I knew he was the right surgeon when he made sure I had realistic expectations. (ie. I was fine NOT being Pamela Anderson) I researched surgeons from all over the country and ended up traveling 2300 miles to Houston, just to see Dr. Lomonaco. If I have any other procedures, I will again make the trip.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I am 3 1/2 weeks post surgery from a mommy makeover. I waited 30 years to do this, and had decided I was either going to have plastic surgery or quit thinking about it. After interviewing three surgeons, I decided on Dr. LoMonaco. Before I even told him my vision, he described the way he sees my body and it was the same as I see it. We discussed realistic expectations, and were in agreement. Though my weight is far from being ideal, it is my stable weight and has been for quite some time. I was ready to be smoothed out and have the excess skin & some fat removed and my breasts reconfigured. I am pleased with the bodywork, and my breasts will probably need a revision in six months: this was expected, considering what we started with. I have always been able to contact Destiny and Chela (including having their cell phone numbers), and Dr. LoMonaco answers his own emails. I feel my care has been very good. In my early results I can see that my expectations have been met, and in some ways surpassed, with regard to my body.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

wonderful doctor, staff and facility..loved my experience

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

Dr. John Lomonaco's Credentials

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1990)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Losing weight has been pretty long and hard journey but after the weight loss you have to deal with sagging skin, droopy breast. The journey doesn't end at losi..."

May 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr L and his staff are beyond amazing! My surgery was March 14, 2016. Not only was his staff wonderful but the staff at St John's was awesome too! The whole..."

May 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a mommy makeover in February of 2016. Dr. LoMonaco and his staff were incredible, through every phase...pre op, during, and post op! The ladies in his off..."

May 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I absolutely loved my experience with Dr. LoMonaco and his staff. I had my breast lift with him on 2/18/2016 after a consultation and pre-op appointment. He was..."

April 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. John LoMonaco is a top notch plastic surgeon with an eye for detail and precision and the compassion to care for you at the same time. He is passionate abo..."

April 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so pleased I chose Dr. Lomonaco for my breast reconstruction. He was thorough in the consultation and made sure he understood what results I was hoping to ..."

April 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After losing more than 100 pounds in my early 30s, I found myself feeling frustrated that I had done the work to transform my body but couldn't comfortably flau..."

April 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " have nothing but praise for Dr. Lomonaco and his staff. They treated me with great care and personal attention. The day of surgery was smooth and simple. I was..."

March 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "5 weeks after TT Lipo and BBL After months of research in regards of a TT, Lipo and BBL procedure I found Dr Lomonaco. Although his location was a good distan..."

March 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After years of eating right, toning up, and losing the weight I wanted, I began to notice with age, there were a few other things about my body I wanted changed..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but praise for Dr. Lomonaco and his staff. They treated me with great care and personal attention. The day of surgery was smooth and simple. I ..."

February 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. LoMonaco and his staff are awesome and definitely make you feel very comfortable with all of your appointments. For my consultation he spent over an hour wi..."

February 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. LoMonaco and I am very grateful I chose him as my surgeon. He is very professional and listens to your concerns. He takes the time to get ..."

January 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I first went to Dr. Lomonaco because of his stellar reviews, focus on safety, and experience in exactly the areas that were important to me. I loved that h..."

November 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am in LOVE with my new body! I had a mommy makeover 7 weeks ago and I already look amazing if I do say so my self! Dr. Lomonoco performed a breast augmentatio..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm two weeks post-surgery and ecstatic with my surgery results. Dr. LoMonaco is a true artist and the body is his canvas. A little history about me, I'm 65 y..."

September 30, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I went in last week for a consult, and was beyond impressed. I had previously had consultations with 3 other doctors and instantly knew this would be my last on..."

September 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love him and loving my results! This is a Surgeon who looks at you as his masterpiece and does everything to make you as close to perfect as he can. The staff h..."

September 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Lomonaco is a top-notch doctor he's one-of-a-kind he's the best you could find and the staff super friendly love you all thank God for y'all"

September 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I loved Dr. Lomonaco. He did a tummy tuck and implant exchange. Every experience with him and his team was great. I've never had such a comfortable recovery ..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. L is very professional, honest, and caring. He performed my second breast augmentation and tummy tuck in June 2015. In Feb 2014 another surgeon (Dr. Basu) ..."

September 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I met Dr. LoMonaco and his staff in February after he came highly recommended to me by a friend of mine. I had breast augmentation surgery with saline implants..."

September 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had my first consultation with Dr. LoMonaco. He was so patient and helpful while he took ample time with me to explain my options to achieve my goal ..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "II had a breast lift performed in 2008. I was satisfied as far as I could tell, but I wasn't sure whether the work done was good or not because I had never real..."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "So far, I've only gone to Dr. Lomonaco for facial filler and Dysport and Botox. He is great-- he is conservative in his approach so you don't get that ridiculou..."

June 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "So..I turned 40 this past November....I have wanted a breast augmentation since I was 20..lol just because I had smallish breast that were not proportioned to m..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I loved that Dr. Lomonaco did not push me to have extra procedures or work done. My results are truly life changing."

March 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Over the last two years I lost 125lbs after battling obesity since childhood. I did not feel my journey was complete until I could look in the mirror and actua..."

March 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Gave me everything I could possibly ask for and was so caring and compassionate about his job. Would always recommend him and would always go to him again"

February 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr LoMonoco by a friend. At which point my husband and I did full research on the doctor himself and the procedures I would need to get done. ..."

February 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.LoMonaco is awesome, extremely knowledgeable and dedicated, nothing but a top notch surgeon supported by an outstanding staff. I was beyond impressed with my..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful staff, very informative about procedure and recovery times. Two years after my surgery I'm very pleased with the results."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Lomonaco and all his staff has just been great. I went in for a consultation for a body lift following weight loss. From the moment I f..."

February 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Upon finally committing to a breast augmentation (BA) after waiting so many years, I pretty quickly realized that - aside from the prerequisite board certificat..."

February 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After extensive research on surgeons in my area (and even out of state), I came to Dr. John LoMonoaco, for a consultation on an abdominoplasty and decided to hi..."

January 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It took me a year to decide on a plastic surgeon since I knew a breast reduction can be horribly disfiguring if not done correctly. Dr. Lomonaco is a true arti..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After reading glowing reviews of the services provided by Dr. John LoMonaco, I can’t help but ask myself – what sets him apart from his peers, that he would so ..."

January 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Two procedures with Dr. Lomonaco......fixing a hysterectomy scar/tummy tuck and a breast reduction. Beyond happy with both results. Staff is awesome. I knew..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am 3 1/2 weeks post surgery from a mommy makeover. I waited 30 years to do this, and had decided I was either going to have plastic surgery or quit thinking a..."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "wonderful doctor, staff and facility..loved my experience"

December 6, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel compelled to write a review for Dr. Lomonaco concerning the breast augmentation I had him perform. This was a complicated surgery to correct a severely ..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. LoMonaco is a true artist and he listens to your wishes and concerns. I’ve had a circumferential, side body and breast lift with implants, then my knees, t..."

October 31, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I went to doc for a consult. I'm seriously considering breast lift and lipo. Doc is awesome and his staff is personable and professional. I am deciding betwe..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wow! Where do I even begin? Dr. LoMonaco is, in every way, a first class surgeon! But it wouldn't do him any justice unless I can support my opinion! I'm a ..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can't say enough good things about Dr. LoMonaco and his staff! My results are amazing and I feel great!!"

October 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lomonaco is an amazing doctor. I had a wonderful experience with him and his awesome team! I was really nervous about going in for my consultation, but the ..."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is the most amazing plastic surgeon! Not just for his work, but also the way he goes above and beyond for his patients. It has been 8 years since my breast a..."

October 13, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr LoMonoco by a friend. At which point my husband and I did full research on the doctor himself and the procedures I would need to get done. ..."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great experience, love coming to see John. Always funny and helpful."

September 16, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "My name is miss Jennifer, i love your profile, and there's something important about me i will like to share with you.please send me message directly to my emai..."

September 3, 2014