Ratings for Dr. John LoMonaco

Dr. L is very professional, honest, and caring. He performed my second breast augmentation and tummy tuck in June 2015. In Feb 2014 another surgeon (Dr. Basu) did a horrible job and I was in desperate need of a new trustworthy surgeon who could give me my desired results. At my initial consultation Dr. L instantly made me feel comfortable and thoroughly explained what he could do to repair my tummy tuck and correct my breast. My appointment did not feel rushed nor did I feel pressure to make any hasty desicions. The day of surgery I felt so comfortable! He seemed enthusiastic and confident that he could deliver. The surgery went very well. The next day I was discharged and on my way home my husband received a call from the doctor himself, not the nurse the actual doctor calling just to check on me. I have had many doctors in my lifetime and they usually have someone else do the calling for them so I was impressed. Also I was given the cell phone number of the nurses on call so they were available 24/7. My previous doctors office played a lot of phone tag which was very frustating. Post Op: Chela called me every single day for over a week to check my pain level. She knew every detail of my recovery and documented every thing. Destini is also a great nurse! She took care of me at the hospital and at my post op appointments. They ultrasound at your post op appts this did not happen at my previous doctor. The nurses tell you exactly what to do for your scars and how to bind your garments. Vicki is very kind and their is a nurse with red curly hair who is really good( cant remember her name:/). The staff is professional but they feel like family . I highly recommend seeing Dr.L!!! I Love my body again. The only regret was not finding him sooner.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I met Dr. LoMonaco and his staff in February after he came highly recommended to me by a friend of mine. I had breast augmentation surgery with saline implants done by another well known and reputable plastic surgeon here in Houston in May 2005. So, after 10 years, I knew I needed to either remove or replace my original implants. I met Dr. LoMonaco, Destiny, Chela, Vicki, and the other staff members during my first visit, which was a lengthy and thorough consultation. They all have a very friendly, yet professional manner which made me feel comfortable and important (I realize now how much more caring he is than my original surgeon). Dr. L was full of knowledge and information and I had many questions regarding my situation. I found he listened carefully and although he gave me his opinion, he also respected my thoughts and concerns. I am a small framed, 5'2" (on a tall day!) active middle- aged mother of four kids who has wanted to have natural looking breasts like I did before breastfeeding my children. He asked me a lot of questions, and really listened to me. I never felt rushed through my visit and we discussed the pros and cons of saline vs. silicone and other surgery issues at length. Fast forward six months, Dr. L performed my implant exchange surgery and I couldn't be more pleased with my results. I went from a full and high 34B to a 32C/more manageable 34B and my breasts look very natural now. Most people don't realize I've had any surgery at all. My recovery time was short and I felt I was in good care throughout. The nurses phoned me everyday after my surgery to check on me and on other occasions when I had specific questions for Dr. LoMonaco, it was not unusual for him to phone me himself. I honestly enjoy seeing him and those wonderful helping women in his office. I've recommended him to friends of mine knowing that they would also be given the genuine care that I was given. Dr. LoMonaco is top notch! If I had to do this all again, I wouldn't change a thing! Many thanks!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I recently had my first consultation with Dr. LoMonaco. He was so patient and helpful while he took ample time with me to explain my options to achieve my goal look. I was very surprised that a doctor would block off such a long time to consult with a patient. Made me feel at ease and that I was more than a number to him. I appreciate that. I look forward to my new transformation and posting my great results!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

II had a breast lift performed in 2008. I was satisfied as far as I could tell, but I wasn't sure whether the work done was good or not because I had never really seen anybody else's besides the doctor's before and after pictures. The other day (this is 2015), I went to have my mammogram performed and the tech said, "Who did your breast surgery? They did a great job!" Who would know better than the mammogram tech who sees breasts all day?

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

So far, I've only gone to Dr. Lomonaco for facial filler and Dysport and Botox. He is great-- he is conservative in his approach so you don't get that ridiculous "deer in the headlights" popped open eyes and warns that too much Botox may cause your eye to droop. I appreciate his honesty, time and listening skills. A friend also goes for lip filler and despite his advice against too much filler, she looks a tad over-filled to me, but she is happy. He's done her eyes and she looks good. I appreciate his honesty that his preferred focus is breast and body contouring and weight-loss body contouring rather than simply telling you that he can "do it all." Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

So..I turned 40 this past November....I have wanted a breast augmentation since I was 20..lol just because I had smallish breast that were not proportioned to my body. However, I never could justify spending such a sum$ on myself for vanity. Well fooie on that!! After 3 kids and 20 years Dr. LoMonaco and his amazing team transformed my smallish saggy mommy breasts into glorious sports illustrated model breasts!!! I LOVE them!! I promised myself that by the time I was 40 I would do it...My journey started with MANY consultations to different plastic surgeons all around the Houston Area. I had been going on consultations for 5+ years (1 or 2 a year) trying to find the "right fit". I was never completely happy with any of the offices I went to until Dr. LoMonaco. Right away I was impressed with the office and the staff. From the beginning Chela made me feel like I was just chatting with a friend. When I sat down and talked with Dr. LoMonaco I KNEW he was the doctor! He spoke about all the usual things drs. do in these consults. He asked me questions about my expectations. Told me how the surgery would be performed ect....he asked me about the size I had in mind and THEN we talked about lines...and how the breast falls..the slope and the angles that are appealing to our eyes... I felt like he knew EXACTLY how I wanted to look. I was terrified of getting the augmentation and having these round globe things just sitting on my chest up around my chin....that's NOT what I wanted....I wanted bigger breast for sure..but wondered if it was possible to have a more natural looking (nice slope on top) breast. None of the Drs I had seen before had ever talked about the procedure with me like that. I was elated! He sounded more like an artist than a surgeon. Once I scheduled the surgery I felt very "looked after". Chela took care of ALL of my financial concerns. She walked me through the different payment options and helped me decide how to best pay for my procedure. I received phone calls from her "just checking" on me before the surgery making sure I didn't have any questions or concerns, making sure I knew where to go, when to be there...ect. She even gave me her cell phone number so I could reach her at ANY TIME. After surgery I felt completely taken care of. Chela called to check on me that night. She also called the next few days to make sure I was ok. It has been 5 months since my surgery and I am still going to follow up appts once a month just to make sure everything is settling the way it should. I could not be happier with my experience with Dr. Lomonaco and his team!! Happy Birthday to ME!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I loved that Dr. Lomonaco did not push me to have extra procedures or work done. My results are truly life changing.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Over the last two years I lost 125lbs after battling obesity since childhood. I did not feel my journey was complete until I could look in the mirror and actually see a womanly figure without all the hanging skin. I searched for the best doctor in Houston to perform reconstructive surgery after massive weight loss. I visited several doctors in Houston and when I visited with Dr. LoMonaco I knew my search was over and I had found the only surgeon I would trust to do the surgery. In January 2015 I had a full body makeover with Dr. LoMonaco. This included a lower body lift and a breast lift with augmentation. Not only was I terrified of the surgery and recovery, but I was scared to spend a large amount of money on reconstructive surgery and not be satisfied with my results. Dr. LoMonaco and his staff made me extremely comfortable. They spent several hours with me from my initial visit to the day of surgery answering my questions and preparing me for the big day. Also, Dr. LoMonaco does an excellent job of helping set your expectations of the outcome of the procedures and breast size. The surgery experience was excellent and the pain was very minimal. I appreciated receiving a daily call from Destiny or Shayla to check on me. It made me feel that if I had any issues or questions that they would be there to help me. I am now two months out of surgery and for the first time in my entire lift I can look in the mirror and feel like a "normal" woman. Its made such a positive impact on my life and my relationships. Dr. LoMonaco is truly an artist and did an amazing job. It was so worth the investment in myself and I would do it all again in a heartbeat!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Gave me everything I could possibly ask for and was so caring and compassionate about his job. Would always recommend him and would always go to him again

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

I was referred to Dr LoMonoco by a friend. At which point my husband and I did full research on the doctor himself and the procedures I would need to get done. When we met w/ the doctor he was fantastic. He made us feel at home and answered w/ patience all 100 questions we put on the table. I was very intimidated to have this surgery for I feel it is a very vain thing to do but had no choice after losing 160lb over the past year and a half, I have so much hanging skin there was no other options. The doctor seemed at ease w/ what he does and in turn made me feel this was the right thing to do. I have now had two surgeries total including getting a Lower body lift, breast lift, arms and thigh and side chest Lift. I am about 4 weeks out after the 2nd surgery and doing great! The staff that Dr LoMonoco has is so attentive and sweet. Those girls make you feel at home. My husband and I are an acquired taste “and we know it LOL” and they totally make us feel at home. Destiny and Chela have really been so great throughout my entire process and know they will continue to be until I am 100% back to my normal self. These girls accept my crazy, weirdness and roll w/ the punches and that comfort level is amazing to have in this situation. Dr LoMonoco has truly made me feel like part of the family and caters to my needs per I know I am a high maintenance client , “my mind gets the best of me” and he totally knows how to make me feel at ease w/out me even having to say a word. But he has never made me feel like I am a bother and is always there for me when I need him. Unfortunately I had gotten myself where I needed this surgery but could not have found a better group of nurses and Doctor to guide me on my path. They whether they want it or not will be forever friends. They helped me on my journey. Roni Mendoza

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr. John LoMonaco's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr LoMonaco completed his General Surgery training at Memorial Hermann and MD Anderson Hospitals in Houston Texas in 1997 and went on to a plastic surgery fellowship at University of Texas Medical School-Houston. He spent 2 years researching skin substitutes and wound healing, and served as full time faculty at the University. He was also Director of the Plastic Surgery program at LBJ Hospital from 1998 - 2001 before he entered private practice. Dr LoMonaco enjoys one of the highest-rated practices by patients in the Houston area, and specialized just in breast and body procedures. He attributes the success of his practice to the unhurried, personalized service he and his staff deliver to each patient

• Spanish

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1990)

MSP/BC Med