Ratings for Dr. Leland R. Chick

I am a recent (and enthusiastic) patient of Dr. Chick’s. I had the mommy makeover done and haven’t felt this good about myself in 20 years. I started to consider having a tummy tuck about 5 years post pregnancy. I had two 9 lb. babies and don’t have very elastic skin. Additionally, I gained over 50 lbs. with them. After taking the weight off my skin just hung. I did weeks’ worth of research prior to even contacting a plastic surgeon. Once I did, I sought out 4 different surgeons for consultations. Because I had done my homework prior to seeing anyone I felt I had a list of intelligent questions to ask. Dr. Chick was the second surgeon I saw. I knew right away that this was going to be my surgeon. However, I didn’t want to make any decisions without seeking several opinions. And my gut instincts were right. I did end up going back to see him because of the way he cared and took the time to explain and answer all of my questions. Dr. Chick wasn’t the cheapest surgeon I saw but if you care about the way you look and feel post-surgery the money isn’t an issue. I decided to do the mommy makeover instead of just a tummy tuck because looking down at a beautiful tummy but still having sagging breast I knew I would have regretted my decision and had a breast augmentation and lift done afterwards. I couldn’t be happier with my decision. Dr. Chick does such amazing work. He also got me in contact with a massage therapist, Ruth, who helped tremendously in my recovery. His staff was very helpful as well. Alyson has so much insight and was full of recommendations for both pre and post op that I am grateful to have had her to ask questions to as well. I didn’t want anyone to know that I had anything done and she eased my fears. Nowadays however, I feel an obligation when I hear women talking about plastic surgery to tell my story and what tremendous work Dr. Chick does. Thank you Dr. Chick for caring so much about your patients!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Horrible results with a breast reduction. Claimed reducing the smaller breast versus my larger one was his fault and that he would fix it if I paid for anything that would come out of his pocket like putting me under at the outpatient clinic to fix it. I wish I would have recorded the conversation in his examine room after my reduction. I have many problems since and Utah is the worst state to protect patients. Do no get your surgery done by Dr. Chick and consider a state that protects the patients over the doctor. He claimed fault to me verbally and then did nothing to fix his surgery. Doctors can make mistakes which he did and my breast are two very different sizes now. I can variety but it should never have happened had he been on top of his surgery. At the least don't see him at the end of the day--I think he rushed the procedure for I was last patient of the day. Horrible results!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. Chick is a very nice person, experienced and knowledgeable. His staff is top-notch. However, I have some issues with asymmetry post breast augmentation that I felt should have been properly addressed pre-op or during surgery. I am disappointed in this respect. I feel that when you spend over $3,000 on a procedure, a small thing like needing to add a few more mls of fluid to one side to balance the size should not be overlooked. He did recognize the problem when I brought to to his attention, but strongly discouraged me from a revision due to the complexity of a revision procedure. However, I do still feel that Dr. Chick is a very good physician, and a truly, extremely kind person...I happened to just receive a touch less attention to detail from him than I expected.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

Dr. Chick knows what he's doing. I consulted with a total of three doctors for my breast augmentation. Once I met with him and his staff the deal was sealed. He returned every phone call to answer all my questions and ease the occasional concern. I'm beyond pleased with the outcome!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Staff was very friendly & helpful. The doctor spent all the time with me that I needed. Follow up care was great and convenient. The patient coordinator, Allyson, was wonderful.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

Dr. Leland R. Chick's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Delta Dental