Ratings for Dr. T Kalos

Dr Kalos is excellent. I wanted to attempt a vbac but was having very painful contractions with extremely slow progress. I saw him in the morning and rather than sending me home he gave me some options as I had a two hour drive. He offered me a c section or a membrane sweep. I very much wanted to try to vbac but my husband couldn't be with me to make the decision until later that day as he was working. Dr Kalos said I could have time until my husband arrived to make my final decision. There was no guarantee that after the membrane sweep I would progress and the contractions had been going on for 26 hours and were getting worse and worse. By the time my husband got to the hospital my contractions were 5 minutes apart and I was ready for an epidural. Dr Kalos didn't believe that I was close enough to delivery to have an epidural but he saw my pain and took it very seriously. Many people could have looked away from my pain level and not acknowledged it but Dr Kalos got his team ready quickly to do a c section within just a few minutes as I couldn't take much more pain wise. His nursing team and his anaesthetist were extremely comforting and empathetic to me. They all talked me through the entire procedure. Dr. Kalos spent the entire surgery listening to me and reassuring me that I and my son were safe. He engaged in conversation with my husband and I while performing my c section. It is a good thing that I had Dr. Kalos. It turned out that my previous c section had very little scar tissue and I was at higher risk for having a uterine rupture had I gone through with the vbac. Although my birth of my second baby did not go as I had planned I had an amazing experience and was treated with respect and kindness by every nurse, Dr Kalos and my anaesthetist. I am so greatful to him and his staff in Stratford.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I had this doctor for a hysterectomy, he was great and so was the staff. I would recommend anyone in need of this an OBGYN

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Excellent doctor. Removed a giant ovarian cyst and saved my ovary. Excellent bedside manor. And also looks like a movie star.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Excellent bedside manners, very thorough in explaining things. He is so nice and very gentle. He has such a nice accent :)

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Fantastic OB . My beautiful daughter was born not breathing and him and his team acted fast and saved her life . He is a very caring Doctor . Came to my room before I was discharged to make sure her and I were doing good and wished us luck on our journey together . Being a first time mom, also a teenage mom I was very very nervous , but he was very reassuring and explained everything going on with me . I could never thank him enough for everything he did for my daughter and I .

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

Excellent bedside manor. He delivered both of my children, I had a small hemorrhage with My 2nd delivery, and made sure I was aware what was going on, made me feel relaxed. He even stopped by our room before we got discharged to wish us luck. Will definitely have him a 3rd time

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I had Placeta Previa and spent many weeks in the hospital on bed rest. He always popped in to my room to see how I was, answered my many many questions and was so polite and friendly. I was terrified of a c section but felt I was in the best of hands with him. He is an amazing OB and we are truly blessed to have had him as my Dr!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Very professional , companionate and sincere He was called in for complications during my labor/delivery and completely put me at ease After that I was referred to him for pre cancerous screening and since I've also had surgery and follow ups with him. He is a kind wonderful human being

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. Kalos is a very upfront and factual doctor. I went to him by referral after I lost a son 10 days after he was born due to complications during labour. He was extremely helpful during my 2nd and 3rd child's pregnancies and made me feel as comfortable as possible. I would recommend anyone to him, especially if the are worried about anything.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I used Dr. Kalos for my 3rd pregnancy. I found him to be very knowledgeable and he encouraged me to have a VBAC. He didn`t push a repeat csection on me and he did not stress out when I had complications. I had placenta previa and had my csection scheduled at 37 weeks. When it was 2cms away, he cleared me for a vbac at 34 weeks. He did not stress when the baby was breech/transverse past 37-39 weeks. He said I would have an ultrasound when I went into labour to check baby`s position and that we would make decisions from there. I had my VBAC with another on call OB. It was an awful experience and Dr. Kalos explained what the medical notes meant. He also arranged for me to speak with the delivering OB and encouraged me to talk to her about my concerns. He completed surgery on my vagina 4 months post partum. I only had 1st degree tears but the on call dr. did a horrible job stitching me back up. I could not have sex. He fixed my vagina and made it look normal again.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013