Ratings for Dr. George Wong

Go somewhere else if you want to walk again he is rude never answers questions rushed 2 medically unesisary surgeries wich is weird appointments were around noon wouldn't see me untill he was about to leave late in the evening I had to go see two orthopedic surgeons just to figure out how and were he messed up turns out nothing can be done and im left permanently impaired no change in my condition what so ever no physical therapy prescribed when it should be this is a little warm up for the college of surgeons got lots more to say and will repost after anyone who praised him if you a referred ask for a second opinion emeditly or ask for someone else and suggest an early retirement for me

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

I recently had a Cheliectomy and it seems to be healing well .It can be a painful produce for 4 days but if u are given good pain meds for about 1 week such as something better then Tynenol 3s even u will get through it.Rest on the couch with your foot up and let the effects of the surgery wear off . I found a cane helps with the op shoe I only could go to the washroom and back with help for the first 5 days!My foot felt broken the first couple of weeks is the best way to describe it.You can drive after 3 weeks.Dr Wong is helpful and will explain and write things down to help u know about a procedure.A nice doctor just a bit over tired at times and flighty it seems and signs u off a bit early when u should be seen one more time due to swelling! His office staff secretary is not nice but hospital ambulatory is extremely passionate and caring nurses!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2018

Right knee was a 7 on scale of 1-10. MRI indicated a tear and mild osteoarthritis. Condition was not disabling. Had a scope and now knee is a 3 at best and I can't walk any distance without a brace. Getting the scope was a mistake.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

great doctor,had my knee scoped very little pain good follow up

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

My daughter had great care with Dr. Wong. She was nervous about getting a cyst removed on her finger. She was put at ease prior and after the surgery. We even received a post phone call not from his staff but by him. It meant a lot. Thanks for the great care Dr. Wong.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

I had my knee scoped. All went well. No pain now. Thank you Dr. Wong

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

I had a hip replacement by Dr. Wong that left my right leg 2 1/2" to 3" to long. Four days later I had to have surgery again to shorten my leg. I am still left with a right hip 3/4" to 1" to long. I was told by Dr. Wong that there is nothing he can do about and if I had any problems just go see my family doctor. I was ditched like I disposable piece of trash. I am left with a right hip that is numb, sore and I have had to have a lift put in my left shoe to try and relieve the pain in my lower right side of my back. I have filled a complaint with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. I would not suggest or recommend Dr. Wong for any medical treatment

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Immense swelling 4 months after knee surgery to remove some meniscus. As i arrived in registration the staff told me i was getting a cortisone shot, even before the doctor saw me!!! I hadnt seen him in 4 months! Got the shot and he dismissed the swelling to some other problem i "must have" or ostioarthritis that i have in my knee, regardless of ZERO swelling in my leg or knee prior to surgery. I got the shot and as soon as it barely stopped bleeding i was told to leave. Zero explination of what the shot would do or what i should do next. I asked am i even okay to walk out? And the doc assisstant said yep. And thats it. I found out later on google that im supposed to keep off my feet, not get baths and watch for signs of infection for 1-2 days. Something no one even bothered to tell me!! And the shot was so painful! I asked, and the doc said it will sting but when he hit the knee cap the pain was excrutiating. So now my knee is worse than before and i have zero support or decent follow up. This is awful.

Submitted January 16, 2017

If everything goes well Dr. Wong is ok, but if there is a problem you will be in big trouble. He does not like to be questioned and after three years of no answers and neglect, my family doctor sent me to London. The problem was found on the first day by my new surgeon, I have to have a total hip revision. If things go well, you're lucky, if not find another Doctor who cares and listens.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Excellent job. Very smooth recovery. Nearly painfree.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016