Ratings for Dr. John Eydt

This dr has miss diagnosed my son at four weeks of age. I took my son in when I noticed pimples all over is body. I know for a fact humans don't get pimples on their hands. He told me to go home and the pimples was baby acne and it would come back during puberty. The pimples spread. Next day I took my son to his pediatrician, my son had the staph infection. I was told if I wouldn't have taken him there he would have not made it due to the infection being in his blood. We spent six days in the hospital receiving antibiotics through an iv... I'm currently pregnant for my third. I was cramping and spotting. Went to Eydt, he told me yep it's a miscarriage. He hadn't proof. I begged for a ultrasound. Finally he gave a paper for a private place. I went to the ultrasound. All was fine with the baby. Went back for a planned appointment to find out he wrote in my file I had a miscarriage and closed my file. I instantly asked to be referred to another dr.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Dr Eydt was my family doctor for many years. He used to be a great doctor and I loved going to him, but once I grew up and now work in the medical field I realize he is not that great. He never has time for my questions. He is a pill pusher. My mother and I both have back and neck problems from injuries and instead of referring us to specialists he pushed anti-inflammatories and narcotics. And if you develop problems from those medications he will prescribe more pills to "fix" those problems. One summer I was very sick, he did blood tests and a swab, I figured nothing was wrong because they never called, turns out I had mono and strep throat (he didn't tell me 'til a year later). They never call back with test results. And it seems they forget to send out referrals. You have to call all different places to find out if they sent it or not, instead of them making sure they're doing their job right. You often wait about an hour to get to see him.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

I am saying thank you to Dr. Eydt for prescribing anti-cholesterol pills {atovastatin] about 6 months ago. After an active morning of vacuuming my car, washing it, and cutting the lawn (in warm weather], my heart had a good workout and I have no angina pains or any ill effects. I am 64 years old.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

My children and I have been Dr Eydt's patients for 26 years.We receive excellent care from him. I like the fact that he checks out all possibilities to address our medical issues - he does not automatically prescribe medication. Dr Eydt keeps himself up-to-date on new technologies and other advances / changes in the medical field.However, there are problems with his staff. I agree with another reviewer that they are grumpy, they continue their personal matters prior to assisting the clients and do not reflect a professional work environment. Once, my daughter had an accident and suffered a concussion - she called the Dr's office and was told she could not be seen - without checking with the doctor - this is an example of their lack of flexibility.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Excellent doctor. Caring,knowledgeable and goes the extra mile. He takes the time to inform you on his diagnostic and its implications. He is usually available to see in an emergency. We are very lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

This doctor is above the average. He knows his stuff...You always feel welcome, that even with a bunch of questions, he takes the time to answer. He is kind and respectful and he never judges you. He is understanding and open. The only problem is his office staff which are a little grumpy and prefer finishing their private conversations before answering to a patient's needs. Also you have to walk over kids playing on the floor to get to the appointments secretary...But all in all it is worth it to get care from Dr Eydt, he is definately among the best...

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

I have had his as my doctor for many years and he is kind, smart and a caring doctor. I would recommend him to anyone and I have. He also takes care of all my family including my grandchildren.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

e is very supportive, does many follow ups and clearly is the best out there.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

I feel like I never get a straight answer. It seems like testing is not often done. You cannot question his words. Can be condescending. Don't leave feeling 100% reassured.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

I have seen Dr. Eydt, when I was pregnant for my daughter Kyria who is 23 yrs old now, he helped me greatly with my concerns with my first pregnancy, I was 25 yrs old at the time, I also have another daughter Chanelle, and we are all Dr. Eydt's patients. To me, he is very supportive to my girls and myself, he is kind, considerate and very good with his advice. He is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010