Ratings for Dr. Regina M. Doody

I have been a patient of Dr. Doody''s for a substantial period of time. When she moved her practice to Decatur, I followed her. She is now back in Madison and I am still her patient. I appreciate that she schedules more than the typical 15 minute appointments. She spends 30 to 45 minutes with me and is very thorough. This shows me she cares about me more than "herding" more patients threw for additional fees. I know she must do this as standard procedure because i rarely have to wait. I owe her my sanity!!!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

She would not listen even though I knew my medications and dosages were at the correct level for my mental health she would not listen even though I had got to that stage in a 28-year struggle to get to a mentally healthy stable life. Out of the blue, she says she can no longer ne my doctor leaving me with no Psychiatric care and needing refills. She is absolutely the worst psychiatrist Ihave ever encountered.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Awesome, 10/10 I love this doctor, 5/5 on everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr Doody's professionalism and deep caring truly helped me to live with my depression anxiety. Highly recommend to anyone with bipolar disorder or anxiety.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I have an anxiety disorder and was prescribed Xanax by Dr. Doody. Without any reason that she would explain, she took me off the Xanax suddenly. When questioned, she said that she had taken "thousands" of people off Xanax and none had had any problems. I had a seizure, which my medical doctor said was the result of the sudden withdrawal of Xanax. I had never had a seizure before. She does not listen. If I could be presumptuous enough to diagnose HER, I would say that she has a touch of grandiosity.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Managed a lifelong problem for me. Started paying cash even after she quit taking my insurance. Staff is responsive.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

My son was a patient of Dr. Doody for over a year and we had excellent results from his visits. We are military and she stopped accepting TriCare and she and I agreed that I would pay for his medicine maintenance. My last visit with her on 29 Nov 2012 was horrible. His appt was at 1100. We arrived 30 mins early hoping we would be seen on time. I was met with a charge for a missed appt I knew nothing about. The receptionist was rude. I asked to speak to Dr Doody about the bill. She refused to speak to me unless I paid the bill. After the bill was paid she saw my son and asked him several times was he being mistreated at home. I was beyond offended by the comments when he told me about them. My son will not be going back to see her as of today. Totally disappointed with today's events at her office. Her previous staff was outstanding

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

If you are in a crisis....She is NOT the Doctor for you. Her office staff has always been very kind and professional. I wish I could say the for her.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Doody for a couple of years now. She is knowledgeable and courteous. There is little to no wait time when I show-up for appointments. She is a psychiatrist, a medical professional who specializes in the treatment of mental illnesses, and should not be confused with being a counselor.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

I have seen Dr. Doody since April 2008. I've found her to be a highly competent and professional clinician. I have seen others complain about her manner, and I have never found her rude. I think that her Yankee sensibility does make her seem standoffish, but over time I've gotten to know her fairly well. She has kept me alive, and I am grateful.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

Dr. Regina M. Doody's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Madison, AL