Ratings for Dr. Monty Matthews

This doctor was terrible. Tried to put me on a medication with terrible side effects and would not consider other treatment possibilities. I fired him and then he blackballed me from all other UNMC Family physicians. Do NOT see this DOCTOR!!! Terrible bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

I saw Dr. Matthews for my pregnancy, and I recommend him ONLY if you want an unmedicated vaginal birth. That's what I wanted originally. When my labor got complicated, I did not feel he was supportive of my choice to request meds and later a c-section. He promotes unmed birth above all else, so he's not the doctor for you if that isn't what you want. He is very knowledgeable about unmed birth and very supportive of breastfeeding. The nurses in his office are good, but the office staff (except one) are terrible! They are curt, rude, and not helpful on the phone. I've also never waited less than 20 minutes in the exam room before seeing a doctor in that office. At times, I've waited as much as an hour. They're a good practice in some cases, but be aware of some of these issues.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2007