Ratings for Dr. Charles D. Malinick

Late to the appointment. Mildly racist; demanded to know my ethnicity up front. Brought up my mother’s ethnicity, and admitted when challenged it wasn’t relevant to my diagnosis or patient history. Was condescending and judgmental: called my decision making stupid more than once. His questions were not methodical, but very haphazard in establishing history and risk factors. Couldn’t complete evaluation due to his lateness, demanded a follow up appointment, but already steered me to Trintellix. Looked him up through Sunshine Law, Brintellix/Trintellix is one of the biggest spenders lobbying him. When I decided not to go to follow up appointment due to aforementioned problems, he charged a $50 no show fee, to someone he had already considered a major depressive.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

He is NEVER on time and has no business treating people! He does not listen and if you don't follow his "advice" he will be rude and condescending. I would not recommend him to ANYONE!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

His office has a terrible odor. cheesy, moldy.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

Dr. Malinick is knowledgeable, but intimidating. He tells us to get extra therapy, but can offer no referrals. Office only takes cash/checks, and does not use email as a form of communication (accepting files, etc). Very technologically outdated office. And Dr only prescribes one month at a time (no refills).

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr. Malinick is great. My only issues are that he's never on time (I've seen him for almost a year, he's always running late) & the staff in his Brea office are unprofessional (gossiping, jokingly making OCD references).

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Really surprised at some of the negative reviews here. Dr. Malinick was extremely considerate of my goals, and understands how to achieve results while considering my unique responses and reactions to the more commonly prescribed approaches for various conditions. After an early and brief period of trial and adjustment, he established a medical regimen that works fantastically for me. I've been on a treatment plan of his design that has barely been adjusted (very minor dose adjustments) for years and I'm the healthiest, happiest, and most fulfilled with my life that I think I've ever been.

Submitted July 21, 2017

Made me extremely uncomfortable and did not listen to my concerns. Very dogmatic and inconsiderate to me as a person. Definitely would not recommend to others.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

worst doctor..never listened to what I had to say. ..would never recommend this dr.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Doctor was cruel to severely depressed patient-name-calling, rude and uncaring, refused follow up, highly critical and unwilling to listen, terrible, terrible psychiatrist

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

Amazing. Very kind and understanding. He reassured us that in time things will get better.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

Dr. Charles D. Malinick's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1982)

AHC