Ratings for Dr. Laurie White

Best G.P. ever! Going to her for over 30 years, caring, thorough, best specialists referrals, can talk to her, cry to he. Always compassionate. Truly a gift to have her in my life!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. White for over 20 years. She is a knowledgeable doctor, but is rather cold and unsympathetic, to the point that I avoid seeing her if I don't have to. When I had my first child, I suffered with postpartum depression for months, but did not feel comfortable talking to Dr. White about it. I think it's a bad sign when you can't approach your family doctor with mental health issues.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I've been going to Dr. White for over three decades. Dr. white is good at not just giving you prescription for antibiotics or useless pills that won't work for you, but her bedside manner is awful. She has yelled at me and my family members for things that she doesn't think are serious, BUT actually were quite serious. A family member had to go to emergency after Dr. White yelled at her for asking for help and sent my family member home who ended up in ICU for a week or so. She has yelled at me for asking questions and made me feel bad for asking. She is overworked, and seems impatient with her elderly/senior patients. I've waited over 20 minutes AFTER my appointment was supposed to start. NO ONE has time for that. I'm glad all of you have had great experiences with her, she has been good to me in the past but she has shown me her ugly side too many times. NO ONE deserves to be yelled at by a doctor, especially a senior citizen with several health issues that need to be investigated and addressed.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Dr. White is an excellent doctor and I have been with her since I stopped seeing a pediatrician as a child. I trust her explicitly.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Dr. White has been my doctor for over 20 years. She is an excellent physician who has never steered me wrong. She never hesitates to refer you to a specialist. I am lucky to have her and hope she never retires!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

I was a patient for 30 years, but ten years ago had to move to a location 2000 miles away. I always considered Dr. White to be a wonderful doctor but the lesson was really driven home when I experienced the astonishingly mediocre doctors in my new location. Now, at advancing age, when I am in serious need of excellent advice I fly the 4000 mile round trip to Dr. White to get it. She has provided me with far superior advice than some of the specialists I have encountered here. She is a gem. And her support staff absolutely top rate. I have never known her to have an 'off day'. [But the RateMDs address is wrong. She is located at 1849 Yonge Street, Tel: 416 481 6103]

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Dr. White has been my family's physician for 30+ years and was always an exceptional strong diagnostician with excellent interpersonal skills. However, not sure what has happened but she has changed. She is abrupt to the point of being rude and unprofessional. While bedside manner does not have to be warm and fuzzy, if it is dismissive to the point where the patient is afraid to go to the doctor because they do not want to bother or annoy her, it becomes an unhealthy and potentially harmful relationship. Needless to say, all family members are looking for a new practitioner which is unfortunate as I feel she could be excellent in that regard however whatever is bothering her is interfering with her ability to deliver good care.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

FYI - This phone number and address is not correct . It is for a dental office on Warden and Eglinton

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

I've been a patient for many years and have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. White. She is punctual, thorough, knowledgable and helpful. I never feel that she is rushing me out the door, yet she manages to keep her appointments timely. I've recommended her to many friends and more recently my daughter.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

My friends get jealous when I tell them about Dr. White. She makes sure there is nothing's wrong with me - referring me to specialists who are all great. Fortunately they have always resolved my problems at 72. Dr. White suggested Yoga a few years back and I am very happy with that suggestion as well!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015