Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Crovetti

I believe Dr. Crovetti is the best orthopedic surgeon in the city. He is not only a great surgeon but a great person too. He really cares about his patients and makes us feel special.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

At the beginning I thought he had his best interest in treating me but when I went back to see him w months after my surgery and had concerns with having no strength in the operated knee/leg, he appeared VERY upset that he had a patient of his who was having problems, didn't care at all in what my complaints were. I think had he taken the time to know me instead of just the 5 minutes I had for my first visit he might of better understood the problems that I had had for over 15 years with walking,climbing,standing and so forth but instead he jumped right in to say "When do you want to do your knee surgery?" I'm really that you feel the need to not have a concern for your patients that Don't get back in their game and that they are looked at as failures in your eyes and you write them off as such. Never have I been treated so badly by someone is a Professional. Even with the problems I have had and are experiencing still they still don't feel the need to see till at my 1 year mark...how unprofessional is that.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I did NOT like this Dr. He made me feel as if Ive done something wrong for trying to treat my chronic pain. He did not inform me prior to running out of medication that he would not refill my Rx,leaving me w/o relief or another Dr to go to in a timely manner. I felt he didn't even check my chart or know fully my complaint because I was rushed out so quickly. I saw him a total of 15min,and that was 2 visits. There's no way to give proper care if you don't know your patient. I feel I was judged rather than examined and treated,and all with an obvious lack of respect.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

I started my consultations with Dr. Crovetti a year ago. First of all, I waited 2 hours to be seen. He was very arrogant and acted as though my pain in my hip wasn't valid! I ended up leaving his office in tears of frustration. He had mentioned either a cortisone shot or surgery, so I opted for the shot, along with an MRI, hoping it would prove to him I had valid pain. The shot lasted temporarily which was to be expected. He said I had a labral tear but still acted as though I should just "walk it off". I then decided for surgery since I still had the pain and hoping he would maybe be more thourough and explain the procedure. Didn't happen! In fact the hospital had me down for a total hip replacement! Before my surgery all he said was "see you on the dance floor"! Any time I'd try to ask him a question, I was always "poo pooed" like I was an inconvenience! I was rushed in the post op visitand still don't know exactly what he did! FYI, never told traction in surgery causes knee pain now

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

Dr. Crovetti needs to find someone better than Debbie Stiles to help him schedule his surgeries! She never returns phone calls even when told urgent! I wish I could rate Dr. Crovetti on his abilities but I can't even get my surgery scheduled!!!!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

Dr. Crovetti has been my orthopedic doctor for 7 years. He finally convinced me to have a total knee replacement. I did and had no problems and was back to my normal activities in 10 - 12 weeks (that was 3 years ago). In January I was having problems and I thought it related to my knee. When he checked me he found out my hip was bone on bone and so he convinced me to have a total hip replacement in June of this year. I am finally pain free for the first time in 8 years. Everything went well and I was back to doing my normal walking, light hiking and bowling in 4 - 6 weeks.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

Dr. Crovetti and his staff are amazing. With Dr. Crovetti, you get what a patient wants, A very knowlegable, experienced, caring, understanding, doctor that listens to your concerns and explains all available options for your medical problem. He takes great pride in his work and truely puts himself in his patient's place. After surgery, he visits you often at the hospital and sincerly asks you how you are doing and answers all questions you might have. He treats all his patients with the concern and respect that SHOULD be common practice by surgeons. He performed a total knee replacement when I was 62 and 3 years later, I STILL feel terrific. Thank you, Dr. Crovetti!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

Friendly, but not 100% correct from my prespective, but I'm not a doctor so I feel my comments must be taken with some reservations.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Great doctor very professional and personable. Staff was also very helpful. I had surgery for a torn meniscus and everything is going well. I was 100%satisfied.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2011

Excellent doctor,staff unprofessional not very helpful waiting too long but it is worse while. Would recommend to everyone.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2010

Dr. Michael J. Crovetti's Credentials

• Umdnj New Jersey School Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1994)