Ratings for Dr. Jose Montes

Dr. Montes performed two operations on our 3-year-old son in 2006, removing a large (and thankfully, benign) brain tumour. He was was a rock. Calm, professional, completely in control; we had absolute confidence in him and his team, all of whom are miracle workers. Our son is now a strapping, healthy, tall (yikes) 14-year-old, playing rugby football, getting solid grades in school, and generally living the life of a (most of the time) happy teenager. Thank you, Dr. Montes.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

it has been a little over 16 years since i have seen Dr Montes. The funny thing is that i just found out his name was Luis and he was my doctor for 11 years. This man was my life saver when i was just 5 years old . I am now 34 and would not be here today if it were not for this man who i think about even to this day as my hero. I try my best to be a good person because i know that i am still here because of a good persons with a good heart. On another note my mother just told me you took out a Egg size junk of my brain Luis. I guess its a good thing you didn't tell me because i have always lived my life thinking you fixed everything except for the little bit of hair that did not grow back. i want you to know that life is good and i am a positive and happy person and part of that is because i realize the gift you gave me. If you read this Luis i would love to see you next time im in MTL. If you are ever in Ottawa please reach out to me. www.MilesMacdonald.ca

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Sans lui je ne serais pas la aujourdhui ! Merci de tout mon coeur!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

huit ans passes mon garcon etait tes malade douleur aux jambes et il avait ete vu par plusieurs dr sans aucun resultats.venant d'une petite ville nous avons ete refere a montreal.suite a une irm j'ai fais la rencontre du dr.Montes.il a opere mon fils pour un tumeur a la moelle epiniere.pour nous le dr.Montes est comme un dieu.il suit mon fils encore aujourd'hui et je n'ai pas de mots pour exprimer la gratitude que nous avons pour cet homme special.il est doux,comprehensif et jamais presse de se separer de ses patients.c'est une personne tres poli,attentif et a l'ecoute des patients et de la famille.merci a ce medecin qui pour nous est plus que formidable.quel beau travail qu'il accompli avec ses patients.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2010

Great doctor, we have been with him for 15 years. He has performed several surgies on my daughter she is healthy and happy 15 year old thanks to Dr.Montes. I will never forget the day we met him , once he gave us the diagnosis he saw how frightened we were he stayed 2 hours with us explaining in detail what was in store. He never once looked at his watch. Incredible human being!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2009

We were very fortunate to have been referred to Dr Montes. He is a wonderful caring person and an EXCELLENT doctor. He is very compassionate towards the family and answers all questions. He has a lot of patience and takes the time needed with both the patient and the family. He explained very clearly before and after the operation. His secretary Katrina is also very understanding and helps us when needed. We are forever grateful for everything that he has done for us. He is without a doubt a remarkable doctor, very skilled and knowledgeable, with a true passion for his work. Thank You Dr Montes and God Bless you!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Le docteur Montes est apparu dans ma vie alors que tout les autres neurochirurgiens que j'avais vu me disaient qu'ils ne pouvaient rien faire pour m'aider. Même après plus de 12 chirurgies (révisions de shunt, décompression de Chiari et exploration ventriculaire) il est le seul à n,avoir jamais baissé les bras et qui est toujours resté positif autant face à moi comme patient que mes parents. Je serai toujours reconnaissant envers ce fabuleux neurochirurgien et je n'hésiterai jamais à le recommander à tous ceux qui auraient besoin d'un chirurgien attentionné, respectueux, persévérant et qui est surtout très humain autant envers le patient que la famille car comme il me l'a dit si souvent:''La famille est une partie très importante dans le rétablissement du patient car celle-ci est continuellement en présence du patient". Et il a bien raison.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

Le Docteur Montes a été le bon médecin au bon moment pour sauver ma fille qui n'avait pas beaucoup de chances de se sortir d'un grave accident d'auto. J'ai toujours voulu lui envoyer une lettre pour lui dire merci d'avoir sauvé ma fille mais les mots n'ont jamais suffit.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

This doctor has been following my daughter for the past 4 years and we are forever grateful that he saved her life. The first time he operated on her she was 11 months old, she has a brainstem ganglioglioma and she is now 4 and doing good. We are still seing him every 6 months and he is just amazing. He has done the impossible for our daughter and he is part of our lives forever!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

Mon fils est suivi annuellement par Dr.Montes encore aujourd'hui, et ce depuis l'age de 3 ans. Il a subi 3 chirurgies du à une tumeur cérébrale, sous les soins de ce médecin remarquable et aimable. Mon fils a maintenant 10 ans et est en pleine forme! Merci Dr. Montes!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2009