Ratings for Dr. Robert R. Bulger

He may be a fine physician, but he's a crook. They took all my insurance information down, had me see one of the PAs, then sends me a bill for several hundred dollars-- the PA is not on my insurance! How about telling me that before you send him in... naturally I assume you took my insurance information for a reason. He also billed me several hundred dollars for seeing a PA I didnt even see. Twice! I have had this problem with no one but Bulger. Ever. He's nothing short of a crook IMO.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Office staff was lacking in communication. I had to make several inquiries concerning my condition. Dr. Bulger seemed knowledgeable enough. He didn't listen very well, however. I had to slow him down several times to get him to address my concerns. If you need excellent staff service and a good bedside manner, DR. Bulger isn't the guy for you.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I do not recommend Dr. Bulger. My wife had been a patient of his for a few years and we were satisfied until her last appointment. That is when he let his true character show. A month prior to this appointment, she had a kidney stone removed via surgery. This resulted in the surgeon prescribing her pain meds post op. She made Dr. Bulger fully aware of this shortly after the surgery but of course since he does not listen to his patients, he conveniently 'forgot' this important detail. During her last appointment he pulled her state records and saw where the surgeon had prescribed her pain meds in conjunction with his treatment. He immediately went on a viscious tirade and accused her of doctor-hopping and drug addiction in a very abusive tone. When she tried to explain to him (again) what the situation was, he yelled at her to 'shut up and listen'. He said this in front of me and his assistant, so there were two witnesses to the incident. She was already in a great deal of pain and he added to her misery by causing her mental anguish. Also, I have Autism and it caused me to go into an Autistic meltdown. There are too many choices of doctors in Dallas to put up with this behavior. Dr. Bulger is very unprofessional and this type of conduct is inexcusable.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

I was a patient for seven years. The PA I was seeing left & I had to deal directly w Bulger & Rodriguez. While I was in the OR for my last injection, face down. Dr Bulger asked if we had ever met! I have had many injections by him, my last appt was w Dr. Rodrigue pror to back surgery. I was in pain and He told me I had no options but to schedule surgery sooner & that I would be in pain afterwards too. He yelled, stormed in and out of the office & finally came back in with 3 post-dated scripts of my regular medine. Last week I got an unmarked box delivered to my home with 3 tubes of cream & 2 bottles of pills from Trilogy Pharmacy. None of which contained ingredients - prescribed by Dr Bulger. The insurance claim noted I was seen by Bulger for this and it paid over $2,400.00! What a scam!!!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

The staff lost my paperwork and claimed they never spoke to me. Don't trust this staff

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Excellent care, empathetic and caring. Unfortunate that recent rule changes are hurting us patients with expensive (and not as effective as regularly taken medicine) procedures but I don't believe its his fault. Dang these insane rules and the emotional , physical and financial strain they are causing us people who are in sever pain that used to be manageable with inexpensive medicine that was always taken as directed. I hope Texas and the FDA changes the rules soon to allow those seeking relief from constant pain to be allowed to have it again one day. Shame on those rulemakers who are ruining my life with financial burdens and more pain than I can tolerate.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

He is extremely patient and has spoken to my daughter numerous times regarding her head pain that we are going to actually go back to Texas to see him. THE BEST

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

He is extremely disrespectful to you as a patient. He does not explain anythjng and you feel like a number. It's obvious his work is amount the profit as it's not about the love of helping people. One would think a pain management physician would have a good bedside manner. He is horrible. And and as for his staff, I have never dealt with a group of women in an office setting that are as vial and rude as they are. As someone said earlier "birds of a feather". And Dr.Bulger yells and talk disrespectful to his patients. Please steer clear of this professional.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

I really cannot understand the negative ratings. Have never met a more dedicated doctor that was so easily accessible and ready to help with pain management. Anyone that is willing to see you on a Saturday/Sunday is top notch in my book.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

The best ever. Came from NJ/NY area to find a doctor like him. Words cannot put into prosprctive on how we feel and the great work he has accomplished on my daughtet.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

Dr. Robert R. Bulger's Credentials

• Mayo Med Sch, Rochester Mn 55905 (Grad. 1980)