Ratings for Dr. Richard E. Gilliland

WELL I WENT TO HIM, WITH MY HEAD HURTING SO BAD I COULD HARDLY SEE. HE DID NOT TOUCH ME HE LOOKED IN MY EARS AND FROM THAT HE GOT THAT I HAD T.M.J.. HE GAVE ME SOME MUSCLE RELAXERS WHICH I TOLD HIM I WAS ALREADY ON. HE WAS PROBABLY IN THIS ROOM WITH ME FOR 10 MINUTES ALL TOGETHER I ASK HIM TO DO AN ENDOSCOPY ON MY NOSE, I WAS IN THAT MUCH PAIN, HE SAID IF IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER TO LET HIM KNOW. I TOLD HIM THIS PAIN THAT WAS RUNNING FROM MY EAR DOWN TO MY THROAT AND MY MOUTH. STILL NOTHING. IT'S LIKE HE WAS SCARED TO TOUCH A PATIENT. MY DOCTOR HAD REFEREED ME TO HIM. SO I TRUSTED HIM. WHEN THE PAIN DID NOT GO AWAY, MY REGULAR DOCTOR SENT ME TO DR. RANDY REAL AT PRINCETON, I WENT IN TOLD HIM WHAT ALL WAS GOING ON I WAS 37. A HUSBAND AND TWO SONS. DR. REAL FIRST THING LOOKED DOWN MY NOSE WHEN HE PULLED OUT THE HOSE HE SAID YOU HAVE CANCER. IN TWO WEEKS I HAD A BIOPSY. WHEN I CAME OUT OF SURGERY, I HAD STAGE """""""""""""""""""""""""""4""""""""""""""""""""" CANCER I WAS ALMOST DEAD. IN TWO MORE WEEKS I WAS IN PRINCETON HOSPITAL HAVING MY VOCAL CORDS REMOVED. I HAD 45 STAPLES FROM EAR TO EAR, AND 27 IN THE HOLE IN MY NECK THAT I BREATHE OUT OF. THIS PERSON IS THE ONLY EAR NOSE AND THROAT DOCTOR IN BESSEMER, SO IF YOUR DOCTOR SENDS YOU TO ONE, GUESS WHO YOU GET YEP GILLILAND, HE IS NOT A MAN AS A MATTER OF FACT MY SURGERY WAS 8 HOURS LONG, MY HUSBAND HAD CAME HOME TO GET SOME THINGS AND THIS PERSON CALLED MY HOME TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON. I DON'T KNOW IF HE IS MENTALLY UNSTABLE OR JUST THE WORST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD BUT I AM BEGGING YOU NOT TO GO TO HIM. I WILL CONTINUE TO POST MY STORY UNTIL HE COMES TO TERMS THAT HE ALMOST KILLED SOMEONE................... AND PRAY I SAVE SOMEONE ELSE FROM BEING 37 AND HAVING NO VOICE EVER......................... HE IS NO DOCTOR HE IS A QUACK............. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY SITE I POST ABOUT HIM ON. I DO IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE................ HE SICKENS ME I HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN SOME OF HIS "PATIENTS" TO FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR, I ALSO SEE DR. EBEL ROSENTHAL AT SIMON WILLIAMS CLINIC A WONDERFUL DOCTOR. SO THIS IS YOUR BEWARE HE EVEN TOLD ANOTHER PATIENT THAT " WELL I DO MAKE MISTAKES" AND I UNDERSTAND THAT. BUT WHEN UR DEALING WITH PEOPLES LIVES, AND THEY ASK YOU TO DO A TEST. THAT IS MORE MONEY FOR YOU. THAT IS WHY I THINK HE HAS MENTAL PROBLEMS..........GOD HELP ANYONE WHO SEES THIS DOCTOR. WHEN I TRIED TO POST THIS I HAD USED THE CURSE WORD BSTRD. IT ASK ME NOT TO USE THAT WORD. SO IT'S OK TO KILL SOMEONE BUT DON'T CURSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I had test done and made a follow up appt to discuss results, the results were not in yet so he said to call his office in 1 week for results. I called in 1 week the receptionist was very rude and told me that I normally would get results in a follow up appt. I explained what had happened and she reluctantly put me thru to the nurse. The nurse was polite but said she would have to call me right back with the results, she never did. I called back twice more and the receptionist has been rude each time and will now not even let me talk to the nurse. I still do not have the results of my test and it has been a month. I suppose I will have to find another ENT and repeat the process but I am not sure if my insurance will cover it a second time.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

We went to Dr Gilliland to have tubes put in my son's ears. Dr Gililand took a lot of time with me and my son(like a half hour) checking my son, making him feel comfortable and making sure i understood what was going to happen the day of surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Gilliland. The surgery went great. and the Dr spent time with us afterwards, explaining what to expect and what to look for. Dr. Gilliland seems to really care about his patients.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Dr. Richard E. Gilliland's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

AHC