Ratings for Dr. Gerard D. Brocato

Terrible, terrible physician and person. When my elderly parent began to hemorrhage in the middle of the night Brocato unfortunately was on call. He walked into the room, said "That looks terrible" and left the situation for the nurse to handle. He should retire or do research where he doesn't have to have contact with people or they with him. Why NAENT let's him stay on is a mystery to me.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Terrible doctor, always came in just for a second and didn't bother to look at my symptoms, just told me I needed surgery. I was having sore throat issues that he attributed to drainage problems and said I needed a septoplasty. After he performed the septoplasty I started having issues that I wasn't having before including congestion and headaches for weeks at a time. Finally he said I probably needed to get my tonsils removed too without even looking into my sinsuses. He never performed a scan or anything on me. I got tired of him and researched a good doctor and found Dr. Neeta Dang. She said the issues I was having were related to two things and nothing to do with my tonsils. The sore throat issue were related to acid in my throat. She gave me an acid reducer and I haven't had sore throat issues ever since. She also noted the way he did my septoplasty probably contributed to my sinuses being blocked from allergies. I would never go to this doctor ever again and not recommend him to anyone. If you have to drive 100 miles to go to another one.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I just had a septoplasty performed by Dr. Brocato. Every time I mentioned his name to someone who knew of him as a doctor, I only heard good things. He was very good about making sure I had adequate expectations about what the septoplasty would do for me before I decided to go through with the procedure. The procedure went well. Dr. Brocato removed the cotton packing in my nose about 6-7 hours after the surgery (in the private recovery room reserved for me at the Surgery Center after the surgery) and I was discharged to go home. I had the stints in for about a week. Everything went according to plan, and I can now breathe much better. Hopefully I can avoid some of the sinus infections I was always getting too - it's too early to tell right now. I highly recommend Dr. Brocato based upon my experience.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

Dr. Gerard D. Brocato's Credentials

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1981)