Dr. Wiatrak is very knowledgeable but has no bedside manner. My child has a rare condition. We had 3 visits and 2 surgical procedures done in 3 months before transferring care to a different doctor. There were many occasions this doctor lied to me and made me feel incompetent as a parent that even has medical knowledge/experience. If your child has something rare, using Dr. Wiatrak might be worth the risk, if your child just needs tubes in his/her ears I would highly recommend any other qualified doctor.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

My son has been seeing Dr Wiatrak for over 10 years. He is a great Dr and always makes sure that we understand exactly what procedure he's preforming.He makes sure all of I questions and concerns are answered.I wouldn't trade him for another specialist... :)

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

My son just had his 2nd set of tubes in his ears. Dr. Wiatrack is such a great doctor! My son has autism - both times his staff went over and above to make sure he was ok. I would not use any other ENT for my child.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

Dr. Wiatrak is the Chief ENT/Otolaryngologist at Birmingham's Children's Hospital. He has placed two sets of ear tubes in one of my son's ears, and has removed both of my sons' adenoids; all surgeries were successful, and he throughly explained the procedures, before and after. Also, Dr. Wiatrak was the first doctor to determine the cerebrospinal fluid leak in one of my son's after we were involved in a rear-ended collision; other doctors had seen my son in the ER, but gave me no reason as to why blood-tinged water was flowing out of his right ear, just 12 hours after an MVA. Within a week of the MVA, Dr. Wiatrak determined my son's deafness in his right ear; the degree of deafness; and the anatomy of his ear through a CT-scan of his ears. Dr. Wiatrak is taking preventive measures to help my son maintain the hearing he has gained back in his right ear, and evaluates my son twice a year. Also, Dr. Wiatrak does not beat around the bush, and has a passion for children with any deafness.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

Dr. Brian J. Wiatrak's Credentials

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1984)

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wiatrak is very knowledgeable but has no bedside manner. My child has a rare condition. We had 3 visits and 2 surgical procedures done in 3 months before tr..."

August 31, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Brian" to "Brian J."

October 20, 2013