Ratings for Dr. Emily L. Benekos

She is one of the most amazing doctors I've ever had. I would strongly recommend her to anyone. Looking over these reviews made me upset because she is nothing like what some of these reviews describe her as. She carries with her a peace and calm that always helped keep me at ease. I always felt like she was honest, and she absolutely NEVER blew off my concerns. There were times I had to wait a bit, but I knew the doctors all take turns being on call since the office is attached to the hospital. A bit of common sense and grace would tell you they try their best to give the best care they possibly can while doing all the duties required of them. I just had my baby last Thursday and short of me moving or Dr. Benekos retiring, I plan to stay a patient of hers.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

She wasn't going to diagnose me with gestational diabetes, even tho I had already had it two time prior to this pregnancy & was 5 pts from failing, after they failed to draw blood on time. She was very rude & did not consider my feelings at all, regarding my unborn child. I would not recommend this doctor to any woman who has ever delt with high risk pregnancies. She said that because I hadn't gained much weight, that I didn't have it this time. Even tho I had been testing my sugars, myself. I told her my sugars were elevated, but she basically laughed at me, as did one of her nurses. I feel like she is very uneducated on gestational diabetes. She told me that you only get gestational diabetes in the third trimester & this is untrue. So I switched doctors, later into my pregnancy & was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, after my ob seen my sugar logs for a week. I was able to manage my sugars thru diet, other my fasting. So I was then prescribed glyburide to manage that. She was rude to my husband when he mentioned delaying cord clamping, saying that it was not necessary. Dr. Benekos clearly doesn't understand that she works for her patients, it's not the other way around. So if you're at all high risk, I recommend the Cleveland clinic women center. They are a wonderful group of doctors who truly care about the well being of their patients & unborn babies. (If you're expecting)

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Staff is very rude and inconsiderate. Have been seeing doc for over 8 years and through 7 miscarriages. She was uncaring regarding these and almost like she didn't believe me just because I didn't always come in for testing. Took 7 miscarriages for her to order genetic testing and then she misinterpreted it. Finally, she sent me to Reproductive Gynecology in Akron, which is amazing, and he correctly interpreted the the results and I am on my way to a successful pregnancy. I know alot of people talk so kindly about Dr. Benekos and her staff, but I have had nothing but heartache.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Did not inform me that she knew I would end up having a C-section until I was nearly two weeks late and had spent a lot of time and money on the Bradley Method. After my child was born, she blew me off when I complained of pain that I didn't feel I should be having and blew off the home nurse who called her and told her something was wrong. I ended up back in the hospital hooked up to ivs of antibiotics after four days when I was in septic shock she finally did a CT Scan and found a massive abscess. Even then she wanted to wait to do surgery until the surgeon told her I wasn't going to make it. After surgery she was very offhanded and unhelpful, and I switched to Dr. Weeman who I liked very much.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

I have had her for two c-sections and had great experiences both times.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009

I was referred to her by my primary physician (al most everyone at her office uses either Weeman, Benekos, or the other Dr. at their office). She has always been very nice, polite, and quick to answer any questions that I may have. My only complaint is that if I ever have any personal questions for her, there is ALWAYS a nurse looking over her shoulder. I understand that this is required for an actual exam, but in order for me to talk to MY DOCTOR, I would appreciate some privacy every once in a while! The only two times that I had to wait were for poor reasons. The first was because a woman brought ALL of her children for a pregnancy check-up and they wanted them out of the way and the next was because a woman came late for her procedure and I had to wait almost an hour because of her. Other than the nosey nurses that work there and the front desk's inability to prioritize properly, I have had nothing but good experiences with her. I recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

To echo other postings--I had a good experience with her during a pregnancy and delivery, but a terrible experience during diagnosis of a subsequent condition. She behaved very strangely, for a doctor: she was rude, uninterested in answering questions, brusque in communicating my diagnosis, and did a poor job of communicating treatment options. I am transferring to another practice and would not recommend this doctor for anything other than pregnancy care.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

Dr Benekos was wonderful during my two pregnancies. However, I did have some other gynecological health concerns that were creating severe pain. I brought this to her attention on several occasions over the course of two years, to which she completely blew me off.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2008

We are on our fourth pregnancy with Dr. Benekos and I have never had a complaint for the service or care she has provided. She's the most patient doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2007

She totally blew me off when I told her I was having back problems while pregnant. She told me it would only get worse and to deal with it. I went to a physical therapist who told me my hip joint was coming out of place. She is always in and out of the exam room without giving me a chance to discuss things with her. One of the nurses, Gail who always answers the phone when I call never seems to care and is never happy sounding. She would not even give me a rx for prenatal vitamins. She told me to buy them over the counter even when I explained my insurance covers them 100%.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2007

Dr. Emily L. Benekos's Credentials

• Univ Of Az Coll Of Med, Tucson Az 85724 (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Wooster, OH