Ratings for Dr. John M. Hilinski

Best doctor ever!! I highly recommend Dr Hilinski! His work is gorgeous!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I'm so grateful that I found Dr. Hilinski. He reconstructed my terribly botched nose. It's a miracle. I can't believe how amazing everything turned out. I can finally breathe and my nose looks amazing. He is extremely Knowledgeable and a true genius in his field. The entire office has been super accomodating and kind. Thank You!!!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Dr. Hilinsk saved me from a botched surgery the evil Dr. Paul E. Chasan over at Ranch & Coast caused me. He is one of the few qualified surgeon that can fix botched complicated surgeries. Saved my life after Dr. Paul E. Chasan ruined it.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

John Hilinski BOTCHED MY OTOPLASTY. Before surgery the tops of my ears stuck out and they were asymmetrical. After surgery they were still asymmetrical and had a telephone deformity from excessive removal of cartilage. Worse still, I unable to hear wear glasses or sunglasses without pain. In took me a while to realise I wasn't simply still healing and I ended up having to wear my glasses hooked above my ears on my head, instead of over my ears like normal. Dr Hilinski performed the surgery while I was awake, and the injections were so painful that I instantly began crying. (I have had many surgeries and this was "up there" in terms of pain). The medication they gave me made me sick, I emailed their office about it but noone replied. In later months when I told Dr Hilinski I was unhappy with the symmetry and he offered to do an alteration for a fee which was fair but he did not offer do redo the whole thing. AND he said he was going to cut the visible (front) portion of my ear! God knows what he was planning to do! At this point I sought out an ear specialist in New York. He found the stitches were too close to the surface of my skin which is why I had pain, so he redid the entire otoplasty and they are now very straight and symmetrical. They have now been fixed at large expense. So no, I DO NOT RECOMMEND Dr Hilinski for surgery.

Submitted July 7, 2017

Three family members has seen him for our noses and perfection!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Simply put. The best. Knowledge and skill are extremely high. Wonderful results. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

In no way am I disparaging ULTA or Sephora; Lord knows I have baskets full of elixirs, serums and Passion Purple Pout lip glosses….but at the end of the day, when I took off all the paint and potions, I was left with brown spots, red dots and all those feathery lines around my mouth, eyes, neck and chest. Tell the truth-how many of y’all out there, especially of a “certain age”, really don’t cringe at the sight of your naked face, despite the expensive jars of unfulfilled promises? The little voice in my head whispered, “You’re getting older. Embrace it.” The little voice in the mirror YELLED, “Aaaaargh!!! Do something about this!!” It suggested wearing an eco-friendly brown paper bag over my head, but somehow that didn’t seem practical for driving. So, bag in hand, I made an appointment with Facial Plastic Surgeon, John Hilinski. He took my bag way and told me that he had the answer to my plight-laser skin resurfacing. To be precise, Lumenis Encore CO2 Lase. According to the good doctor, this is technologically more advanced. Being big on technology (and also on looking good!) I decided to give this a try! I had a deep CO2 laser peel 12 or so years ago, and to be honest, I had some pretty good results. But, I was a swollen, scabby mess for a couple of weeks and a bit shiny and pink for a few months. This laser treatment, for me, had less downtime, less swelling, minimal tiny scabs, less discomfort AND it continues to build collagen afterwards-plumping out those lines even more. I could not be happier!!! The little voice in my mirror has to find something else to complain about now since my naked face looks better than it has in decades! Thank you thank you thank you, Dr. Hilinski and staff!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

During my 33 years on this planet, I have never had such a negative experience with ANY individual who I have gone to receive a service from. I feel obligated to write this review, so that no one else goes through the experience I did. In fact, I have been procrastinating writing this review for a few months now, due to the fact that even thinking about this experience gives me a tremendous amount of anxiety and stress. If you are considering seeking any kind of service from Dr. Hilinski, please read this. In July, 2015, I went to see Dr. Hilinski for revisionist rhinoplasty, and help ease a breathing issue that had exacerbated over the years. I was initially, and mistakenly, drawn into his practice by the glossy presentation and touting of degrees--this, I have learned, does NOT equate to substance. My sister is in medical school at John Hopkins, and throughout my 1.5 years of having to interact with him, she was consistently stunned by his choices, lack of professionalism, lack of clarity, and basic lack of respect and decency. He managed to most break the basic lessons that my sister acquired in her first two years of med schoool alone. After my procedure, I had a lot of concerns that went unaddressed or were scoffed at. I had several post-procedure appointments with him, and he did not even bother to sit down to talk to me. Late for every single appointment (without an apology), he would enter the room and stand above me, seemed offended when I asked questions, and was very vague. I thought it highly concerning when he did not bother to even take pictures to follow progress. I found it further concerning that he continued with a series of steroid injections into my nose without any explanation for why they were being done. He also highly resented the fact that I asked if my dad (and biggest support system) could Skype into an appointment with me from Michigan, as I have no family out here in California. My dad had some questions to ask him, too, and as I was concerned about the lack of improvement on my nose after the surgery, and only got fuzzy answers when I asked questions. I hoped my dad could provide some support and help me gain clarity. He clearly resented and was upset about a patient having their support system involved in the process. I strongly feel (and even more so after reading his notes when I asked for all my records) that he felt a strong sense of paranoia about the fact that my father happens to be a lawyer. He even (strangely) inquired into what my dad's profession is AND followed up by asking what type of lawyer he is. Oddly, he never asked about what type of teacher I am, yet seemed keen to know the profession of my father and his specialty. Several doctors who I had review the notes he left in my records found his commentary "angry" and "highly concerning/unusual" and "strongly" urged me not to continue on with him. I am still shocked that a medical provider would not encourage the involvement of a family member in serious medical decisions! The year after my surgery was sprinkled with rudeness and neglect from him and the main nurse. I had an appointment with him on a Friday, in which he noted something he considered a "concern" and said he would email me back on Monday after he looked at photos (again, the photos were not his initiative, but mine). No response on Monday. I gave him a couple days, and called the following Wed., only to be told he was "busy." I followed up with an email and call a few days later, and didn't hear a response. Naturally, I was worried, as anyone would, when a doctor tells them they notice a change in something that is "concerning." Finally, I called and received a response 2 weeks later! A year after the procedure he suggested doing another procedure (free of charge) as a follow-up/refinement after months of unexplained steroid injections. He did not answer specific questions I asked, was vague about the objective to both me and my support system. I called while out of town for an AP class teacher workshop, and received a call back in which he YELLED and berated me for my dad being involved as a support system (my dad is the calmest, most professional, smartest person ever, btw) and threatened me about his continued involvement. He also rudely scolded me about calling the office a couple times that day during breaks in my AP class workshop to try to solidify a time to talk to him. I reminded him that most recently he neglected to even get back to me for two weeks about a concern he noted. He seemed to not know what to say at that point, because I mean, what could you say to defend that sort of lack of professionalism and neglect? A colleague in the car overhearing the conversation was appalled at his tone and accompanying message. It was at this point I decided not to move forward with the procedure. Having seen a number of professionals for second opinions, I can say there are true professionals out there! STAY FAR AWAY!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

He's top of line! Couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. I'm so happy 😁 True professional 👌🏽👨‍⚕️❤️

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

You will never find a better doctor! His work is beautiful.!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Dr. John M. Hilinski's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Cantonese

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1995)
  • University of California San Diego