Ratings for Dr. John M. Hilinski

Dr. Hilinski was very good an communicating my options for several procedures. He took the time to make sure I understood how to achieve my goals while still maintaining a natural look. He is very knowledgable and approachable. It meant a lot to me and helped me to make a decision that I was very happy with. If you are looking for great, natural looking results for any procedure, I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

If you are reading this, you are most likely considering a facial procedure. I have had two rhinoplasty surgeries, in an attempt to improve a bulbous tip. The first surgeon was a double board certified facial plastic surgeon in Riverside and the result was disappointing. My rhinoplasty case was difficult, as I have thick skin and had a lot of scar tissue formation post procedure. When I was considering my revision surgery, it was between Dr. Hilinski and one other surgeon, who had done an excellent job on my mom's nose. (However, the circumstances of our anatomy and desired end result were quite different....I inherited by Dad's larger Italian nose.) If I could do it all over again, I would ABSOLUTELY have selected Dr. Hilinski for my first procedure. He is highly skilled in steroid injections and was the only doctor that was willing to take on my case and work with me over a course of a couple years to "fine tune" my nose and reduce the excessive swelling that I experienced after my two rhinoplasties. I believe that it is quite easy to find a surgeon that is willing to perform a rhinoplasty procedure. However, I also believe it is imperative to select a surgeon that will work with you long-term…the months, perhaps years later… to evaluate the swelling that can result. Having a doctor that will work with you during this difficult time and share your goal of ultimately achieving the best outcome is unique. I am truly honored that Dr. Hilinski has chosen to take my case and I am confident that my end result will be beautiful. His expertise and skill utilizing steroid injections has improved the appearance of my nose beyond my expectations. He has shared with the before and after photos of our progress so far and I could not be happier! I highly recommend visiting his website, looking over the before/after photos and scheduling a consult. Once you meet him, you will know exactly what I am talking about. You will be great in hands. My hope that by sharing my experience will help others to either select Dr. Hilinski for their first procedure, or at least meet with him to explore what options are available for you for a revision. Hopefully, this save will you some research in finding the best facial plastic surgeon. A big thank you to Dr. Hilinki and his staff! He will be my first choice for any future procedures I may consider.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

I contacted Dr. Hilinski for a revision rhinoplasty a couple of years ago. My first surgery with a previous doctor was done to make my nose less wide and bulky, but instead that doctor did a terrible job. Dr. Hilinski however fixed my upturned, short nose that the previous doctor had created. He lengthened the nose bridge and nose tip so it is much better. He also removed a mole on my nose that I had since a little girl and had me visit several times for a year to make sure my nose was recovering nicely. Very nice doctor.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Great surgeon! Went with him for rhinoplasty about 8 years ago and very happy with results

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I selected Dr. Hilinski after speaking with other surgeons because I found him to be knowledgeable. He also made me feel at ease during my consultation, surgery and afterward. His work is top notch. His staff is accommodating too. His coordinator was able to squeeze me into his busy schedule. I highly recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Hillinski's for just under 10 years starting in 2007. I initially began seeing him for Botox and then in 2011 had a conservative nose job, a replacement of a chin implant, an upper eye lift and lipo of the double chin area. I recently began having Dr. H. inject filler into the under eye area . My experience has been very positive with John. Firstly, he is extremely personable trustworthy and approachable. I never felt he was in it for the money. He always put what might be best for me ahead of suggesting procedures to make more money. There were some instances where I inquired about a possible procedure that he told me emphatically I did not need. But even in those instances I always felt the choice was ultimately up to me. Dr. H. is also not the sort of plastic surgeon that will suggest getting procedures done. What I mean by that is, based on my nearly 10 years of experience, it will always be up to YOU to inquire about getting something new done. He will never say, for example, "Ever consider getting your nose done?" That is not his style. You will never feel like you are with a salesman trying to up-sell you. As for his work: his signature approach and style is conservative and natural. All of my work is almost impossible to detect. I tell people all the time what I have had stuff done and everyone is always stunned because they cannot tell I have had any work done. I am 52 and people always assume I am in my mid 30s. I get a kick out of telling people my age. Jaws always drop agape. I get a thrill out of blowing people's minds! And I do! In some instances he has gone more conservative than I had originally wanted -- only to later be glad that he did. Of course no one is perfect. There have been instances when I have not been perfectly satisfied with something --- and Dr. H. happily made necessary refinements until I achieved what I had originally wanted. I never felt uneasy saying: "This is not quite what I want so can we work on this a little more?" I knew he would be very cool about it. In fact, my experience with Dr. H was that I was really in a partnership with him. I was an active co-participant in designing and making aesthetic improvements to my look. At this point I live in NYC. but I still come to S.D. to see Dr. H. There are many plastic surgeons in NYC. but I trust Dr. H. and I like him. I know he will never give me stuff I do not need or will not look good on me to make a buck. I also like knowing Dr. H is a Harvard Medical School graduate with a residency and internship in facial plastic surgery from a top medical institution. I know I am in good hands with Dr. Hillinski. I can recommend him without reservation and do so enthusiastically!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

I have been very pleased by the quality of service and work by Dr. Hilinski. He is meticulous with his work, friendly, and very punctual. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I love my nose so much I can't even describe my gratitude. 1. REVISION - I came to Dr. Hilinski after 3 botched nose jobs, leaving my nose thin, crooked, along with other issues. It was so ugly and difficult to work with that at that point, I wasn't shooting for a pretty nose, I just wanted to look remotely normal/natural which I didn't even think was possible. A year later, my nose looks like the best possible version of my original nose and fits my face perfectly. 2. PRICE - A steal of a price, despite it being a difficult case. Having paid for three previous surgeries, and after getting a $25K quote from another LA doctor, I couldn't believe how affordable Dr. Hilinski's services were especially considering all the follow up care over the last 1+ year has been included. It was 60% less and I got a Harvard trained specialist. The consultation was also free. 3. TECHNIQUE - Being that my skin was thinned out from multiple surgeries and all the cartilage from both my ears and septum has already been harvested, other surgeons told me that to repair my nose we would have to harvest cartilage from my rib and tissue from my scalp. That would've not only been extremely painful, but would've left me with more scars. Imagine how relieved I was when Dr. Hilinski told me he was going to use cadaver cartilage. It's expensive for doctors to purchase cadaver cartilage and I needed a lot so honestly, all things considered I don't even know how they could've made any money on me. 4. MANNERS - Having been on multiple consultations where I paid upwards of $250, Dr. Hilinski was the only doctor who didn't make me feel rushed through my questions, took the time to address all my concerns, and has always been patient in being thorough with me. 5. ACCURACY - Unlike my previous doctors, Dr. Hilinski gave me photo-shopped depictions of what to expect. More than a year later when I compare the depictions with the after photos, they look identical. He gave me exactly the nose he depicted. 6. EDUCATION - I never knew how important aftercare over the first 2 years of recovery was because no one ever took the time to educate me. Dr. Hilinski educated me on it's importance, how to change my habits in handling my nose, etc. to ensure proper healing. In retrospect, I can't believe how poorly I mishandled my nose after the previous surgeries because I didn't know better. This time my nose healed much better and the scar even looks less noticeable because Dr. Hilinski recommended a great scar cream. 7. FOLLOW UP - Typically I only had 1-2 follow ups in the past. Dr. Hilinski is the only doctor who has continued to follow up with me over a year later, regularly tracking my healing progression and making tiny non-invasive tweaks here and there to further improve the subtle details. I loved my nose after the surgery but over the last year of follow up, it has continued to get better; we're not even done yet with the final tweaks and I'm looking forward to my next appointment as it keeps getting better every time I come in. 8. NATURAL - My closest friends, my bff, and even my mom tell me they think it looks the same and they can't tell the difference when they look at me. But then I show them the before and afters side by side and they're blown away at the changes. The changes are dramatic to me but subtle enough that people can't put their finger on what it was I did. They just think I got prettier but don't suspect plastic surgery. It's certainly a girly girl nose and makes me feel a lot prettier.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

The only person I would let do any procedure, filler or surgery. Wonderful and conservative. Always very natural looking.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I came to doctor Hilinski about 2 years ago. We consulted on my Rhinoplasty, however I didn't have the funds to afford it at that moment. A year later I was ready to proceed with the surgery, he brushed up on my file and knew my vision. He was honest with me and told me all the realities and what to expect of the process. He was great with scheduling and rescheduling my appointments as necessary and was very understanding. He did a phenomenal job on my nose and I honestly had never been after after I finally got off all the castings and everything on my nose. My confidence rose and one of my dreams finally came true. He is a fantastic surgeon and really takes the time to understand your questions and concerns on the spot. I recommend him to anyone in need of surgery. People come to him from all over the globe for a reason. Any reviews you may see that are low ratings are the arrogant human beings that expect more than what their bodies or faces can even handle that are honestly asking for too much to expect. He is straight forward and an excellent surgeon. Thank you Dr. Hilinski for changing my life.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Dr. John M. Hilinski's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Cantonese

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1995)
  • University of California San Diego