Ratings for Dr. Richard P. Wikholm

I had sinus surgery to remove tissue that was blocking my right maxillary sinus cavity that lead to an ongoing sinus infection that no medications would get rid of. Dr. Wikholm and his staff took such good care of me and accommodated me with my anxiety disorders. Just last night I had a sleep study done in his sleep clinic and the technician Cameron was very friendly and respectful. I look forward to going back once the results are in and I can get my overall health back in order with proper sleep once again!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I actually enjoyed my doctor appointment! There was a bit of a wait but it was worth it, to get a doctor who will take the time to listen to me and explain things to me in laymen's terms. I told him about a new test that I had heard about and he looked it up on the computer, right then and there, and then called over to the hospital and found out if they do it and the next thing I knew, the technician from the lab was there with the proper instruments to collect the sample to be tested. It was amazing to me that he actually listened to me instead of discounting my knowledge, like most doctors do. I also enjoyed meeting his P.A., as he also listened to me and took his time to explain things to me. Everyone in his office is friendly and professional. When I mention Dr. Wikholm's name I always here good things.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

This Dr. shoved two cotton swabs into my sinus cavity without so much as a warning of the pain to come. Honestly, I almost slapped his hand away in reflex. When I told him how badly it was hurting he said "Yeah I know its painful". Of course my eye began to water profusely from the swab and I had tears running down my face, he didn't even offer me a tissue,I had to ask him for it. I am not squeemish about pain, but that was the most painful procedure i have ever had done. He took two swabs which were shoved through my nose into my sinus cavity under my eye. I saw both swabs covered in the uck from my sinus infection. I called after three weeks of not hearing back about my results. The first person told me the results werent in, then i got a call from another who said the lab was unable to determine anything as there was nothing on the dish and i would have to have the swab again. Needless to say, I will not be going back. My husband also experience a similiar issue with this Dr.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009

I've seen a lot of doctors over the years. This is a good one. Spent all the time I needed for understanding my test results.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

I waited for a REALLY long time to finally see the doctor, but when I saw the doctor I was glad and understood why. He patiently explained to me the issue and answered all my questions. We must have been in the room for about 20 minutes, even though it was a routine follow up. I appreciated his frank manner as it eliminated a lot of the questions I had, but also liked how it seemed like he actually cared. It is nice that his staff is very young, and you can tell they have a lot of chemistry and enjoy their job.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

Dr Wikholm is very good at looking at detail. He Tests you to make sure his diagnosis is correct. I appreciate the tests that he has done on my husband, he pretty much saved his life. Without these test we would have never known that my husband has the worst kind of sleep apnea you can get. So thanks Dr. Wikholm. He really pays attention to every question you have. And his staff is really good about getting authorizations within a couple of days.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2009

I think this Dr. either has no knowledge that his patience are actually people or someone ran over his brain with a truck? A clean example of why doctors should also get a lesson in business. He continued to run expensive tests on me, would not return phone calls or test results, never had a desire to talk with me even after numerous complaints. Come on, wouldn't you at least care enough as a doctor to personally discuss what the problem is? He even diagnosed me with something and treated me for it when it wasn't even my problem! So I went to another local Dr and was happy in 10 mins of being in his office. Do not go to Wikholm. Regardless of his education, his patients are just a dollar sign to him, you will find it obvious on your first visit.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

Dr. Richard P. Wikholm's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1984)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal