Ratings for Dr. Ricardo J. Trevino

This man is a nightmare. The office is filthy, the staff cared more about arguing over the coupons for lunch than helping my father who was bleeding profusely. When my dad actually got see Trevino, the doctor was furious that my dad had gotten blood on the doctor's pants. He ordered the nurse to stop the procedure and clean his pants. He cauterized the bleeding and told us to come back if it bled again. We have since discovered that Trevino cauterized the wrong spot. The bleeding continued so we returned. This time, Trevino packed the nose. He was forceful and cruel during the procedure. He said if the bleeding continued, my dad would have to go to the hospital so Trevino could put him under. However, when we went to the hospital, Trevino never showed up. Thank god. We have since found out the bleeding is due to high blood pressure, and putting my father under might have killed him. I am furious. Avoid this ****

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

Dr Trevino ended up doing a radical, irreversible surgery on me even though I was referred for a minimally invasive procedure. I had to have plastic surgery to partially repair his botched surgery, and the internal structures in my nose cannot be repaired. This was not a medical mistake! Once the surgery is done, he's done with you! Don't go, PLEASE.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

Not reliably in office; cancels appointments at last minute; often not in office for appointments

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

He helped me, thank goodness. Looks like other people not as lucky. Very fast, very factory like atmosphere. Some of the staff clueless (front desk). Allergy clinic personnel very nice & competent.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

I saw Dr. Trevino once before having a radical irreversible surgery without ever even exploring conservative treatment.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

Most ENT professionals advocate a "staged approach" to ENT problems. I had an irreversible and highly controversial surgery after seeing Dr. Trevino only once. He never suggested or tried conservative treatment.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2008

Dr. Ricardo J. Trevino's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1964)

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=575979'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.0

February 6, 2014