Ratings for Dr. Carol L. Roberts

Dr. Carol Roberts is terrible!!!! I believe she may be a fraud, either not a physician, or a physician that only cares about money, instead of patients! I am a registered nurse, working in the hospital for 22 years, with a plethora of experience including ICU & ER. I am well-informed in alternative medicine, but wanted more expertise on my newly diagnosed autoimmune disease. I went to the Hughes Center, where Carol Roberts works, with all my vitamins and herbs for her to examine. She did not do any kind of examine, either physically, or even verbally, she barely looked at my vitamins and herbs, so I got no direction, as to what I should or should not take. I was advised to have Chelation therapy, which I know is only used as a treatment for mercury and lead poisoning, and is not an established treatment for lowering cholesterol (Mankad, 2016). Serious complications include kidney injury, low calcium levels, which affect the heart and even death (Mankad, 2016). According to Mankad, “Results of the Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy (TACT), sponsored by the National Institutes of Health, didn't provide enough evidence to support routine use of chelation therapy for heart disease” (2016). Reference Mankad, R., (2016). Can chelation therapy treat heart disease? Retried from http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heart-disease/expert-answers/chelation-therapy/faq-20157449

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Dr. Carol Roberts was the only doctor who found what was making me sooo sick, (after having gone to Mayo Clinic[$7,000], local E.N.T. numerous times, and a specialist in Tampa). I am extremely grateful to her, and appreciate her abilities and her common sense. I always found her to be professional. Kathleen Eiland, one grateful patient.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

Very satisfied with the care I received from her and her staff. I never had to wait very long. Everyone seemed very helpful,professional, and compassionate. Leading even a healthier life thanks to her. I have absolutely no complaints and wish I would had found her years earlier!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2011

I have nothing but positive thing to say about Dr. Roberts. She is kind and takes the time to listen to you. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

dr. roberts was very kind and listening, but i have been trying to get test results from her office for months now. every time i call they tell me they are going to get the results and call me back and they don't. i had very expensive tests done and paid out of pocket for them. and now i don't even get a follow up to learn what the results were? there is something wrong with this picture.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

Avoid this physician! In my opinion, her staff is rude, messages do not get returned and now one of the only two staff that was detailed & communicated has left. You have to call the office many times just to have a test report sent to you. Test results have been lost with no notification and did I mention most of the staff is rude, in my opinion only. I was not notified when test reports arrived so I spent much time calling & recalling to request results. A very disappointing experience, in my opinion you can do better. Also check the area papers for an incident which occured with Dr. Roberts concerning her staff.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

Dr. Roberts is very personable, but I believe she is only concerned with making money. Everyone seems to be shoved through a series of chelation treatments until Medicare or private insurance will pay not more. Did not run blood tests (instead ran HAIR tests) which would have been definitive of infection. Stay clear...she is in it for the $$$$$.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

Dr. Roberts is a Harvard educated holistic dr. She is sometimes late because she spends the needed time with her patients. She is very knowledgeable and caring and LISTENS to her patients. She is also very good with hormones. She can be difficult to get hold of which is my only complaint. She works WITH you to help you achieve better health.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Dr. Carol L. Roberts's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 78284 (Grad. 1974)