Ratings for Dr. Kirk Barber

The policy of not allowing phone calls is a bit concerning. I had a flare up of a condition and had to wait days for an email reply. I then had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment so had to seek the advice of a pharmacist for my condition. Overall, not a good experience.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr Barber is just wonderful, he handles your problem during the appointment and is incredibly overworked but still super nice. However, his staff is rude and the opposite of helpful. Wait time is always well over an hour. It's impossible to book an appointment because the staff is useless - you get what you get or wait another 6 months. Even paying for 2 hour parking doesn't work because the staff will not give out any information re: wait time. Awful experience.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Barber for years. In the past getting in to see him was easy and the staff was very good. Now getting in to seem him after years of being a patient is very difficult and the staff is terrible. There is no way to contact via phone to book an appointment Wait times are at least 1 hour or longer. Getting to see Dr. Barber now has become a very painful and trying experience.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

I have seen Dr. Barber twice- I have never had to wait an hour for my appointment. What I did find concerning is the lack of knowledge, I would have thought that a dermatologist with years of experience would be able to tell me if a mole or a lump, needed urgent care or if it was nothing to be concerned about. Instead I got a shrug of the shoulders with the attitude may or may not. Up to you...... your decision. My decision???? Am I a Doctor???? I would have thought with his years of experience and the amount of moles he has seen in his career that there would be some distinction of what would be a concern and what would not be concern. Not impressed.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

I will try to be as diplomatic as possible because from the 1 meeting with Dr. Barber, he seemed very nice and knowledgeable but his staff/ people he is working with are absolutely horrendous. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. They need to get rid of their email system [you can't talk to them on the phone or leave voicemails, you have to email back and forth for any information but unfortunately they love to take 1 week to respond back to their emails]. You have to book an appointment just so you can ask simple questions. This would ordinarily take a 5 minute phone conversation at any other normal clinic but not here - expect WEEKS just to get assistance, and even when you show up for your appointment - expect to wait for over an hour. They are clearly lacking in efficient organizational skills at this place. Yea the office looks nice, but who cares when you can't even get decent service? I wish Dr. Barber would read these reviews [the real ones] and actually try to make some changes at his clinic. Until then - beware people!! If you get a referral here - RUN FAST and ask your doctor to switch you to someone else!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

AMAZING CLEAN OFFICE, highly recommend! I love the new email system it makes booking so much easier instead of playing phone tag with offices. Thank you Dr. Barber for the treatments and his very kind staff for taking care of me!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

terrible terrible. I have a referral for Dr Barber- but because my daughter had a second skin issue was told I needed a second referral-- say what? are they paid by referral?.Staff office not pleasant- am looking for a different dermatologist-- don't go to this guy.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr Baber is one of the nicest, approachable, and knowledgeable doctor's I have ever come across. He always makes a special effort with my son and I truly appreciate him and all the progress we have made because of him.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr Barber was great - the nurse who treated my foot was fantastic. Knowledgable and friendly, willing to answer questions and mostly pretty punctual. HOWEVER - The office policies are inflexible and lacking compassion or even basic logic. I had more than 13 treatments over 6 months for a wart - each appointment lasting about 4 minutes with a Nurse. I have also spent over $450 on skincare products as I like a line they carry. I had one day where my child was sickneeded to come home from school and I needed to rescedule - I immdiately emailed to give as much notice as I could that I had to reschule - 4 hours notice for my 5 minute appointment with a nurse and was told I would have to pay the $150 late rescheduling fee before they would rebook me. No thanks - I understand a no show policy and the need to deter patients from abusing the medical staff's time with last minute cancels etc, but when a patient has a great track record and is obviously in a bind - dont be a jerk! I will change dermatologists and buy my skin care somewhere that has a little common sense.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

If you have to wait a long time for a doctor, it means that he is spending the time needed with each patient regardless on the time allotted to the appointment. Yes you have to wait, but you are waiting for an attentive doctor that isn't going rush on to the next patient. Just allot a couple hours of your time and prepare to wait. I would rather wait for world class care than have a short wait for a rushed appointment where I don't get the care I need. He has a long wait to get in to see him because he is the best, and a lot of people want to see him. If you want to see the best, you need to wait. If you don't care about wait times go see a doctor that doesn't have a strong reputation, who will rush your appointment because he is more worried about being on time than spending time with his patients. This rings true in any specialty. I have extensive patient experience and I can attest to this.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017