Ratings for Dr. Kirk Barber

Terrible patient relations! I can't even call the office to speak to any one about my prescription which they neglected to tell me needs to be filled by a pharmacy that makes the compound on site.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Can't believe the way I was treated after seeing Dr. Barber for about 2 years. My skin has progressively gotten worse in the last year or so. Been on all types of harsh medications messing with my body, endless blood work appointments ... then decided to advise him I had gone and seen someone else as I know a nurse in another office with a dermatologist. I told him I felt the treatment I had begun was potentially working and that I was feeling better than I have in months. He quickly was offended I would question his knowledge. I get it, it is his lively hood and has spent many years in the industry... but as a patient I have the right to second and third opinions without feeling guilty and bad about it. I basically was told to kick rocks and that we wouldn't be moving forward together since I "have someone else now". I left the office in tears.. so hurt that a doctor could make me feel so crappy and treat a patient like that... Sorry I guess no more cut of money for you off all my prescription meds Dr. Barber. I truly never had a sour taste from him before this even after waiting 45 mins- hour time to time.. but boy what a 180 he did on me kicking me to the curb. Truthfully all I can say is I'm more hurt by his arrogance and words/actions then mad.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

The policy of not allowing phone calls is a bit concerning. I had a flare up of a condition and had to wait days for an email reply. I then had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment so had to seek the advice of a pharmacist for my condition. Overall, not a good experience.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr Barber is just wonderful, he handles your problem during the appointment and is incredibly overworked but still super nice. However, his staff is rude and the opposite of helpful. Wait time is always well over an hour. It's impossible to book an appointment because the staff is useless - you get what you get or wait another 6 months. Even paying for 2 hour parking doesn't work because the staff will not give out any information re: wait time. Awful experience.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Barber for years. In the past getting in to see him was easy and the staff was very good. Now getting in to seem him after years of being a patient is very difficult and the staff is terrible. There is no way to contact via phone to book an appointment Wait times are at least 1 hour or longer. Getting to see Dr. Barber now has become a very painful and trying experience.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

I have seen Dr. Barber twice- I have never had to wait an hour for my appointment. What I did find concerning is the lack of knowledge, I would have thought that a dermatologist with years of experience would be able to tell me if a mole or a lump, needed urgent care or if it was nothing to be concerned about. Instead I got a shrug of the shoulders with the attitude may or may not. Up to you...... your decision. My decision???? Am I a Doctor???? I would have thought with his years of experience and the amount of moles he has seen in his career that there would be some distinction of what would be a concern and what would not be concern. Not impressed.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

I will try to be as diplomatic as possible because from the 1 meeting with Dr. Barber, he seemed very nice and knowledgeable but his staff/ people he is working with are absolutely horrendous. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. They need to get rid of their email system [you can't talk to them on the phone or leave voicemails, you have to email back and forth for any information but unfortunately they love to take 1 week to respond back to their emails]. You have to book an appointment just so you can ask simple questions. This would ordinarily take a 5 minute phone conversation at any other normal clinic but not here - expect WEEKS just to get assistance, and even when you show up for your appointment - expect to wait for over an hour. They are clearly lacking in efficient organizational skills at this place. Yea the office looks nice, but who cares when you can't even get decent service? I wish Dr. Barber would read these reviews [the real ones] and actually try to make some changes at his clinic. Until then - beware people!! If you get a referral here - RUN FAST and ask your doctor to switch you to someone else!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

AMAZING CLEAN OFFICE, highly recommend! I love the new email system it makes booking so much easier instead of playing phone tag with offices. Thank you Dr. Barber for the treatments and his very kind staff for taking care of me!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

terrible terrible. I have a referral for Dr Barber- but because my daughter had a second skin issue was told I needed a second referral-- say what? are they paid by referral?.Staff office not pleasant- am looking for a different dermatologist-- don't go to this guy.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr Baber is one of the nicest, approachable, and knowledgeable doctor's I have ever come across. He always makes a special effort with my son and I truly appreciate him and all the progress we have made because of him.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017