Ratings for Dr. Kirk Barber

From all the reviews I read, sounds like if your appointment isn't close to opening time in the am, or right after the lunch, you endure long waits. I am a brand new patient. I arrived a few minutes late for my 1:30 appointment, no issue from staff. Dr. Barber started back at 1 after the lunch break, so I was out of the office at 2:15. Dr. Barber's bedside manner was excellent, he listened well and shared his knowledge explaining things well. I forgot to ask about a 2nd skin issue, he came back into the consultation room, and was good enough to treat that as well. I got two diagnoses and treatments all under 45 minutes start to finish. The blonde receptionist I interacted with at the check-in desk was very professional.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

He overbooks and is impossible to get ahold of by phone. I love him as a person though.

Submitted March 12, 2018

Dr. Barber is a world-class dermatologist and provided me with knowledge and information. I was a bit shell shocked though after waiting an hour after my scheduled time. I had arrived 15 minutes early to be ready and punctual. I spent 60 minutes in the waiting area and then 15 minutes in exam room. While I totally understand that he is extremely busy, it makes it hard for patients when they have to book the entire day off work for a 15 minute visit.

Submitted February 17, 2018

Dr. Barber is absolutely the best dermatologist you could ever hope to see. His staff do have a direct approach, which makes sense with the volume of people handled by the office. But to Dr. Barber, he is caring, gets to know the patient, lets you be a part of the decision making process, gives you all the information, and is quick to take action when required. I have come with a multitude of problems. Through skin examinations, Dr. Barber has highlighted areas of concern and through early detection of problems has solved three issues i their early stages. I am grateful for the referral to this excellent clinician and have felt the wait times are reasonable considering the level of care I have received. Highly recommended and worth any wait required.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Excellent doctor but trying to schedule an apt is an absolute nightmare. His staff are very rude and I chose never to go back because of the scheduling person. Sorry Dr Barber

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Terrible patient relations! I can't even call the office to speak to any one about my prescription which they neglected to tell me needs to be filled by a pharmacy that makes the compound on site.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Can't believe the way I was treated after seeing Dr. Barber for about 2 years. My skin has progressively gotten worse in the last year or so. Been on all types of harsh medications messing with my body, endless blood work appointments ... then decided to advise him I had gone and seen someone else as I know a nurse in another office with a dermatologist. I told him I felt the treatment I had begun was potentially working and that I was feeling better than I have in months. He quickly was offended I would question his knowledge. I get it, it is his lively hood and has spent many years in the industry... but as a patient I have the right to second and third opinions without feeling guilty and bad about it. I basically was told to kick rocks and that we wouldn't be moving forward together since I "have someone else now". I left the office in tears.. so hurt that a doctor could make me feel so crappy and treat a patient like that... Sorry I guess no more cut of money for you off all my prescription meds Dr. Barber. I truly never had a sour taste from him before this even after waiting 45 mins- hour time to time.. but boy what a 180 he did on me kicking me to the curb. Truthfully all I can say is I'm more hurt by his arrogance and words/actions then mad.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

The policy of not allowing phone calls is a bit concerning. I had a flare up of a condition and had to wait days for an email reply. I then had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment so had to seek the advice of a pharmacist for my condition. Overall, not a good experience.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr Barber is just wonderful, he handles your problem during the appointment and is incredibly overworked but still super nice. However, his staff is rude and the opposite of helpful. Wait time is always well over an hour. It's impossible to book an appointment because the staff is useless - you get what you get or wait another 6 months. Even paying for 2 hour parking doesn't work because the staff will not give out any information re: wait time. Awful experience.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Barber for years. In the past getting in to see him was easy and the staff was very good. Now getting in to seem him after years of being a patient is very difficult and the staff is terrible. There is no way to contact via phone to book an appointment Wait times are at least 1 hour or longer. Getting to see Dr. Barber now has become a very painful and trying experience.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017