Ratings for Dr. Ronald L. Steenerson

I wish I had paid more attention to the bad reviews that are available on ratemds site. I chose to think maybe the good reviews would be my experience. But everything bad referred to in the bad reviews actually happened to me!! I now believe the good reviews are planted on sites after having actually seen him. Didn't bother to even say hello when he walked in the room and seemed to immediately have a bad attitude. Spent a whole 5 minutes with me.....Did not want any any medical history or records and REFUSED to answer any questions I had, except to sarcastically respond: "How would I know?!" Well, I came to him as a patient because he is supposed to know answers to things pertinent to his field. He was rude, curt, arrogant, and really seemed bored to death with having to see another patient. I believe he totally relies on his staff to take care of patients....in fact, he kept saying in response to my questions: "They will explain it to you." I would never, ever recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

I like a Dr who is direct & Dr Steenerson & he is that. Every time I have been to him he has helped me with the problem I was having at the time. He has explained things, but not suggested drastic measures. I have had vertigo & loss of hearing but neither were debilitating. After seeing him & his explanations, I have improved & know with confidence that there's worse to worry about at this time. I will continue to visit him when I have a problem & so will my husband

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I could barely walk before I saw Dr. Steenerson, and today he is my hero. He has a dry wit and is a brilliant man. I suspect he doesn't suffer fools lightly. I only wish I could find his clone to be my internist.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

This clinic would probably help 80% of all patients. However, I had a terrible experience due to complicated nature of my BPPV. The PT refused to read ENT recommendations. So I was subjected to painful diagnostics, not needed. The tests triggered my vertigo in 3 canals and made it worse than ever before. I can't even walk to mailbox unassisted now. Also, I continue to have vertigo spin outs. All this was blamed on me having a bad attitude. I arrived with inactive BPPV hopeful that I'd be able to improve my balance.Left clinic with 2 people dragging me (couldn't walk) to a waiting car. Patients beware!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2013

Total waste of $50.00. I went for pain and popping in both ears. He told me "we aren't going to worry about the popping!" But that's why I am seeing you! He also asked if I was going to jump off a building if he couldn't help me. Awful bedside manner, spent 2 minutes talking to me and barely explained anything. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

My visit was a total waste of time and money. He seemed to take an instant dislike to me making it extremely difficult to discuss my inner ear imbalance. He didn't take a medical history. He asked what medications I was on and I told him I brought a list. I pulled out my list and he didn't take it or look at it. Then, he said "Excuse me" and left the room for about 15 minutes. I heard him outside my door joking with his staff. He told me he was going to double a medication that I was on (the only one he knew about). When I took it to the pharmacy, I found out it was the same dosage I was currently on. He told me to schedule an appointment with his therapist and ended the visit. I can do better than that going on the internet. I want someone to discuss my problem with me, so I won't go back to him.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

Was very pleasant and patient. Answered all of my many questions completely. For the first time in many years, I am hopeful that he will help me with my problem. Been to many other doctors with no results. Dr. Steenerson offered a solution and he is positive it will work.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Steenerson since 1987 for yearly maintenance due to narrow ear canals and wax build-up. He has immediately alleviated my pain many times. This doctor is the utmost professional and always has a softspoken and pleasant manner. I cannot say enough good things regarding his technical abilities and I highly recommend him. Even when our insurance would not let us go "out of network" for services, I gladly paid cash because I thought it was worth it to get the highest quality care available.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

Doctor Steenerson and his staff are a god send. 30 years of ear problems and at least 10 E.NT. that had no answers. Doctor Steenerson cut to the chase and solved my hearing problem. If you have ear problems you need to see this man.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2010

I saw Dr. Steenerson for tinnitus this past Friday, June 4th. Staff was very nice, but I was not impressed, to say the least, with Dr. Steenerson. Found him on the web. I have debilitating tinnitus and the ONLY thing he asked me about my tinnitus during the 7 minute visit was "is your tinnitus troublesome". And, I said my life has not been the same since January. He looked in my ears and read a few over a few reports I had brought (including a hearing test, sinus scan & an xray of my jaw. He NEVER explained what tinnitus is, what the treatments are, what could be causing the loud ringing, what else could be done to try and find out why the ringing is happening. He didn't say to try this or try that. Or, stay away from this or that. Nothing. He referred me to his Audiologist, Dana, and said she could explain everything to me. My own personal opinion, is that my visit was a waste of time.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2010

Dr. Ronald L. Steenerson's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1964)