Ratings for Dr. Keith M. Dockery

Awful! I had several complications from a septoplasty and turbinate reduction. Mr. Dockery did not appear in the least interested in determining the cause and remediating the issues. Upon one of my many emergency room visits after my surgey, Mr. Dockery did not show up after the emergency call was completed by the ER staff. This forced me to wait until his operating hours the next morning to take an unscheduled, but essential visit. He was very disgusted by this action and told his assistant, "I guess I'm not going to lucnch today", as if my unscheduled visit was a disturbance, even though I had a blood clot the size and width of a block eraser in my nostril due to significant bleeding from the septoplasty procedure. He was very unsympathetic to the pain of having packing forced up my nostril without any sort of anesthesia, as he said "you can either have it placed back in or continue to bleed". All I was asking for was a minute to mentally prepare myself, but I assume a minute was too much to ask. Mr. Dockery was a recommendation by my former primary doctor. I guess it had to be the buddy system because I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND him to anyone. Potential patients beware!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Refused to finish the surgery that he started. Suffered in agony for nearly a year before another doctor finally agreed to finish what he started and cleanot up his mess. STAY AWAY FROM HIM AT ALL COSTS! FIND SOMEONE ELSE!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

One of the WORST decisions of my life. Had a throbbing ear infection. FIRST it took forever to get someone on the phone- 2 days because I kept getting their answering service, even after 9:30am and their lunch break is apprx 2 hrs between 11-1. Next, when I arrived(at 8am)office was CLOSED. LIGHTS WERE OFF & NO ONE WAS INSIDE. I knocked on the door (mad b/c I had paid $5 unvalidated parking)& after 15mins someone came from the back & asked me why I was here so early. Everything went down hill. There was a 25 wait time (obviously) and when I finally got in to see the doctor, he took one look inside my ear and said 'Ear too impacted, nothing I can do- will prescribe ear drops and come back in about a week.' THAT ENTIRE CONVO TOOK LESS THAN 5 MINS!I was fuming PLUS THEY MADE ME PAY FOR MY FOLLOW UP APPT! I will NOT be returning there. It took 3 weeks to get billing on the phone & they had the nerve to charge me a finance charge. So NO, I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU WASTE YOUR VALUABLE TIME HERE.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

Dr. Dockery is the BEST ENT I've been to in my 60 years. He did surgery for obstructive sleep apnea, while other Dr.'s told me for over 20 yrs. nothing could be done to help me. His excellent skills have given me a new lease on life instead of feeling like giving up. I am NOT a good patient, but he has not given up on me. His staff are the BEST, also. Need a new ENT? Go to my Dr. Dockery, HE IS EXCELLENCE PLUS!!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2012

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

Used this doctor in 1996, he was very pushy about surgery. Turned out to be a horrible mess afterwards with his lousy follow up and staff that kept mixing up my insurance and bills. Appeared to be grasping at straws as to why it took so long for me to heal. Had to find a new Dr. that discovered problems he didn't fix!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

Excellent doctor who was able to resolve my sinus problems where other doctors had failed terribly. I found Dr Dockery to be very prompt and have never waited long in 10+ visits. Staff is great as well and happy to squeeze you in if truly necessary.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

Nice guy, but didn't really offer a lot of helpful information. Felt like he was grasping at straws and not willing to dig deeper. Will not be going back to him. Plus, his appointment times mean absolutely nothing. On average, I was there a full hour and a half before seeing him. Not great when you have a job to get back to...

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

Dr. Keith M. Dockery's Credentials

• Univ Of Tn, Memphis, Coll Of Med, Memphis Tn 38163 (Grad. 1982)

Centene