Ratings for Dr. Stanley S. Chmiel

Dr. Chmiel rushes the appointment, has no interest in exploring my condition, asked the same questions I had already answered on the questionnaire that he didn't bother even looking at, and just wanted to refer me for $6200 hearing aids from their office. The staff was friendly and punctual but the doctor needs to retire or go back to school. I will be seeking services elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

My sinus surgery left me miserable for years. And I struggled with pneumonia afterward, which I had to see another doctor to treat.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Went to this Dr. had sinus surgery to help breathe better. After surgery I received only a 3 day antibiotic prescription, had severe headache and Dr. Chmiel stated it was nothing he had done. Ended up in the hospital ER with a near fatal sinus infection. For years have had chronic headaches and still difficulty breathing. Would NOT recommend this Dr or office EVER!!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

My first visit and I felt like I was just a number. He barely looked at my info. As another reviewer said, he rushes and makes you feel uncomfortable. I've had a stuffed up ear for nearly three weeks, severely compromising my hearing. He found nothing wrong. He said, "Let's get a hearing test and see what's going on." I was administered a hearing test prior to seeing him! It was then that he flipped through my chart and saw the results. I wasn't too crazy about the audiologist either. She wasn't the friendliest. Also, the staff answer the phones while waiting on you. I left feeling very discouraged.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Good luck if you need to have a surgery performed...It will take at least a month for you to get a callback just to schedule. Then a few days before surgery, you'll get a call that you have to reschedule. My son who has been suffering from numerous cases of strep throat now has to wait longer due to this incompetence . We decided to use another practice that actually cares. Will never take my kids there again.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

My visit with Dr Chmiel left a bad taste in my mouth. He rushes a visit and makes you feel uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

My sister went to Dr. Chmiel back in the late 80's/early 90's so I took my kids when they displayed the same symptoms. My daughter had tubes and Dr. Chmiel is always great. He's a no nonsense doctor, which might not be for everyone. He's straight to the point, but the man knows what he's doing and I trust him completely. He's a great doctor and my daughter loves him. My son ended up seeing Dr. Secor who is also a wonderful doctor. The practice is great and the hearing specialist there is great too. I'll never go anywhere else. I have also always had a pleasant experience with the staff. I see these negative comments and it really surprises me. I never wait too long and I drive the staff crazy with calls and appointment changes and I have never felt like they were rude to me.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

This doctor does not listen to patients concerns. Did a quick exam, stated no surgey needed said go to another doctor to treat your sinus issues. Doesn't seem to care unless he can cut!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2013

Dr gave impression he did not want to see me. Extremely poor communication by staff and Dr. Only able to leave a voice mail 10 times. When finally talked with Dr. Chmiel he used a "I told you so" tone with little advise on how to improve my sinus issues and coughing. Never go back or refer.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2013

Great experience. Dr Chmiel did my septoplasty. It went well. He gave me all the info I needed, answered all my questions. I can breathe better now!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

Dr. Stanley S. Chmiel's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1969)