Ratings for Dr. John R. Resser

Very arrogant, does not listen to what you have to say . Reaches a misdiagnosis and sticks with it no matter what you say. I wish I had visited this site before I went.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

The absolute worse experience with a "doctor." I took my mother to ENT, she was actually referred to a PA. She was explaining her concerns and what all she had been doing over the past 3 weeks to help her dizziness and being off balance go away due to most likely her inner ear. Eventually we saw Mr. Resser. He was very arrogant and cocky. He was obviously put out and angry at mother. He never once made eye contact with mother when she was talking or when he was talking to her. He was taking his pen apart and putting it back together and finally said in a low voice that his pen was broken. He was more concerned about his pen than my mothers well being. We were at the office for 3 hours and pretty much got nowhere. Except that mother does have nerve damage and moderate hearing loss. When Mr. Resser asked her to explain her dizziness, while she was trying to explain he constantly was trying to overtalk her. She voiced major concern about needing to get back to work that she had already missed 3 weeks. Mr. Resser got angry and said, "Well go back to work then, just go back to work." I said, "How is she suppose to do that when she can't keep her balance?" He had no reply. He left the room 3 times during the visit very angry and disgusted. He was suppose to call a prescription for mother to help with dizziness which suprisingly he did not do. All of this happened on Friday, so she went through the weekend without the prescription. She did not go to the ENT for medication, she went to get treated and for this not to be prolonged which he is saying could be another 2-4 weeks that she does not have to be off work. They did do an exercise in the office to hopefully help but everything they did and suggested mother has been doing at home for weeks. She told Mr. Resser that and when she explained and questioned why they did one of the exercises for her ear, she didn't understand why they did the one they did, he said, "what makes you think it is that ear?" Making mother feel like she didn't know what she was talking about. The whole experience was awful and I would wish it on no one. The thing about this whole situation that deeply concerns me is this: with Mr. Resser being as bold as he was with mother with me being there, how would he have treated her had I not been there? As angry as I am with Mr. Resser I hope that if he is ever in a situation needing care and help like my mother does, he finds a better doctor than what he was to mother.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

The worst doctor I have ever had.very arrogant. His nurse was just hast. And I found out later all the doctors has the same rep.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

This was the WORST experience I have ever had!!!!! The office staff was rude very unaccomidating with scheduling. I had to wait for over an hour before taken back to a room. Then waited for over 30 more minutes before the so called Dr. came in looked at me gave me a diagnosis of bells palsy and "because bells palsy is not painful I was just lying to get drugs" he said he "knew what I was there for & I was just an addict" then got 6 inches from my face & screamed "so whats your favorite flavor?" He said it was bells palsy & he would prove it with a hearing test that bells palsy would effect hearing on that side, which I took & hearing on that side was not at all effected!!! I have been to serveral real Doctors since this visit and have found it to be ramsey hunt syndrome. An extremely painful virus effecting the 5th & 7th caranial nerves!!! I have had a terrible time recovering from this experience. I have never been treated so ugly in my life!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

Dr. Resser removed my thyroid in January, 2011. He was wonderful about going over everything with me during the appointments leading up to my surgery. He was very professional and patient with me and my many questions. My scar is barely visible and less than an inch long (which I liked!). My only complaint is that I never saw him again after my surgery. I have seen his PA 3 times this year for re-checks and follow up visits. The PA is very nice but I still would have liked to have seen Dr. Resser at least once after my surgery. The office staff is very helpful and prompt at calling in prescriptions and orders. Very pleased and would recommend.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr. John R. Resser's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Paducah, KY