Ratings for Dr. Marlene Dytoc

Was referred by gp, waited over 6 months for the appointment. Drove 2 hrs, waited over an hour in the waiting room and then was taken to a room. Dr walked in the room writing a prescription that I was already on, never looked at me or my skin, I'm sure if I had moved to the next room she would't have noticed that she had already seen me. As she shoved the prescription at me, I explained I was already using that, so she added another one and walked out the door, dismissing me. She wasn't in the room for even one minute! I had to take the day off work and make childcare arrangements to see her and she never even saw me. I'm sure if I had asked for botox or some other paid service, she would spend time with you. The College of Physicians and Surgeons should make her take further education, like how to assess patients. Makes me so mad that AHS was billed for the appointment. I would not recommend at all.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Sent other Dr. To see me instead. She saw me in a rush not even a few mins. Very disappointed. When I call her about my dark spot she said she is very busy. I think I have to see someone else.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Referred by GP....seen by a student first. Dytoc entered room to tell her what to write for prescription indicating to use a note pad with a pre-printed prescription for a scalp treatment. Later the pharmacist commented on the odd prescription which was crammed onto the page and difficult to read. The assistant diagnosed a scalp issue based on the red mark on my neck from a CPAP mask!!! Lol. I told pharmacist to not fill that one! Dytoc was in room for minutes only. Felt rushed and like my problem wasn't of great importance to her. The prescription she gave me is not covered by BlueCross and is very expensive, has not helped the problem. Request was faxed by the pharmacist for hemp with the cost to BC but it was denied. Detox mentioned it's expensive and may not be covered. Surely something else will work and be covered because as a snood I don't have that kind of money. Not impressed over all.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

She is straight to the point and doesn't let emotions get in the way of telling you what is in your best interest.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I went to see her to get a second opinion on my skin condition. Although her attitudes look kind and smooth, she didn't look like have time to listen my concerns. She wrote down medicines I need to get medical care, but, I had hard time reading her writing in a note. They need to organize better at giving patient well-documented prescription that people can actually read and take a reference in the future. I had to almost call out to her after every sentence she finished to ask some questions because she was so busy to get out of the room. I waited around 40 minutes to see her and she didn't seem to care to talk to me for five minutes. I'll definitely not go back.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

I would try to get into another dermatologist if possible. She is very scattered. She does not listen to her patients at all and was unable to diagnose my skin ailment.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

I am shocked to read all the negative comments. I just came from my first appt with Dr. Dytoc and she was very, very kind, patient,professional and listened to ALL of my concerns, even the ones that weren't on the docket. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the front staff. I would recommend her based on my experience . She was excellent .

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

After reading some reviews here I was rather apprehensive about my appointment with Dr. Dytoc. I was pleasantly surprised with the prompt and friendly service I received, She was thorough and I didn't feel she rushed through the examination. Made the experience much more pleasant compared to the other dermatologists I've seen.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Not the best. Not the worst. I have had acne for over 6 years and nothing I ever did made a difference so I booked with a dermatologist in Edmonton which is 800km away from my small town. He wound up cancelling due to a family emergency the week before I was scheduled to drive down so my doctor referred me to Dr Dytoc. Although i didn't feel incredibly welcomed by her or her staff and she was incredibly fast and blunt with her recommendations, I have to admit, she did exactly what I hoped for and helped me get rid of my acne. I continue to see her once every 3 months despite the seemingly bad service because she knows exactly what my body needs in order to correct my skin issues. im sure there are much friendlier doctors with nicer offices out there but I got the results I wanted and that's the most important thing for me.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

I have had skin issues for over 20 years and Dr.Dytoc was the first (of several) doctors to help me with my skin issues. My feet were the worst problem, they are now perfect after 3months. I also had hair loss issues which she immediately called in Dr. Wong and I am working on those still. The receptionist failed to tell me that both doctors aren't always in, so my first follow up I couldn't see Dr. Wong :( Not fond of receptionist.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016