Ratings for Dr. Gerald Todd

Doctor Todd to me is number one. He takes pride in his work, super bedside manners, calms you down and asks if you have any questions and has outstanding knowledge. I would recommend very highly. Everyone loves him. He is a great asset to the University of Alberta in the Urologist Unit.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Dr. Todd, what an amazing Doctor! My daughter and myself met him back in 1999. He removed my husbands kidney and then gave it to my daughter. Every morning he was in our room.. He was so kind, so helpful, made us feel like we mattered. My daughter passed away in 2006, and her birthday is coming up, I always start reminiscing and thinking of her , (more so at this time, well everyday really) I just want to say, that in all the years she was sick Dr Todd was by far, the best, most amazing, caring, thoughtful, well he was just so great. Never did we feel in the dark with him. Kelly said he was her Teddy Bear and she loved his smile, which we got to see every morning. Thank you Dr Todd, you were a smile in our war, and never will I forget how you made my daughter smile. Thank you forever! You truly are a wonderful Doctor, you have heart! And it is huge!! I never met his staff, just the interns that were with him, and if they follow in his footsteps, we are all way better off!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

awsome dr todd is the best bed side manners and maikng sauure your looked after

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Thank you for your kind manner and prompt call on results

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Dr. Todd gave me the benefit of the doubt when no one else would. I had forgotten what it was like to live pain free due to ongoing kidney issues and my auto transplant was an absolute success. He was so amazing when I was recovering in the hospital and was just as amazing when I went for follow up visits. From the time I met him, I had my surgery within 3 months, recovered in 6 months and now I truly am so grateful I was given the opportunity to meet Dr. Todd! I told him just before I went under that he was my Rock Star and I meant it, he always will be and for that i'm truly thankful. For those fortunate enough to have him as your Dr, he is truly the most wonderful, patient, kind, huggable guy in the world. Thank you Dr. Todd! I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for you! Smilz

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

A very relaxed, caring, down to earth person. Also a very understanding Doctor. The secretary very nice, friendly,and efficient Had to cancel an appointment because of weather-no problem, got another date immediately.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

A true gentleman, excellent surgeon and a caring human being. Example: Approximately 2 years ago, Dr. Todd performed a cryogenic prostate cancer operation totally successfully. A year later, Dr. Moore did a sucessful kidney transplant. When I woke from the anesthetic, Dr. Todd was the first person I saw in my room, waiting for me to come to"Hi, Bill, How ya doin'", along with a big welcoming smile was the greeting afforded me by this competent, caring Doctor. Thank you, Dr. Todd!! I rated Merree a 2 because she is quite stand-offish and somewhat impersonal - for her position, these are not plusses.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

This doctor/surgeon is the reason I can write a review today.He saved my life.Plunked out my cancerous kidney.No post op problems.Excellent follow up.You never feel rushed at your appointments and he will answer all your questions.I hope he is slicing and dicing for years to come.A truly gifted Doctor. Ron in Lethbridge(formally of Edmonton)

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

I was transferred to Dr. Todd after my Saskatchewan surgeon was hospitalized. I consider myself and donor extremely lucky to be put in Dr. Todd's care. His bedside manners were incredible. He visited me every day that I was in the hospital describing what was going to take place and answering any questions and concerns that I had. The pre op and post op care was fantastic. 10 out of 10. Nursing staff , Aides, cleaning staff and all staff were top notch. I was up and walking the day after my operation and discharged by day 5 feeling fantastic. Thank you Dr. Todd and UOA staff for making my transplant a success and my experience so pleasant.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2011

A great listener, takes the time to answer all questions, never makes you feel rushed. An excellent surgeon, great bedside manner, a very humble man.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011