Ratings for Dr. Richard L. Carpenter

Very talented, helpful, nice professional and kind!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Kind competent professional great experiences on all occasions

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

My only complaint would've been that Dr. Carpenter had no bedside manner: none, zero. I had a nasal polypectomy done by him in October, 2010. Everything went fine. But, after reading these reviews..... whoa...I don't know what to think. Was my surgery even necessary? I only yesterday found out that Dr. Carpenter left Mid-Michigan ENT under less than the best circumstances. Now, I have all sorts of questions.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Nice competent Dr. He is missed greatly as he had been my Dr for 5years

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

HORRIBLE!!!!!! I wish I would have read these reviews before sending my dh to him (and him ultimately having surgery). Jumped right to surgery for nasal polyps and his response to future treatment was lifelong steroids (which is BAD)-- then they came back two years later. After much complaining about not being able to breathe, he finally checked him (he just kept blowing dh off and writing him scripts for allergy meds-- even though he has NO allergies)- said the polyps are back and "they'll get you scheduled for surgery". No discussion, no "do you have questions", no options!!!!!!!!! Sent him right out the door without letting him ask any questions. No decent doctor will send you for surgery without even discussing it. He treats you like you're a big inconvenience and we will NOT be returning!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

dr. carpenter did sinus surgery on me and broke thru the roof of my sinuses causing me to get bacterial meningitis 6 months later. Soon after the surgery I began have a clear fluid run uncontrolled from my nose and he told me it was just packing. . It turned out it was brain fluid from the hole in my sinuses. I almost died. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone! He always wants to do surgery so beware.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

I thought Dr. Carpenter was somewhat abrupt, and dismissive of me and my issues. I thought it must be me or my perception, but after reading these other negative reviews I feel more validated in my opinion. I am changing doctors.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

This doctor is a quack. He only wanted to operate on me as the first and only thing. He didn't asl questions and didn't explain things, especially about the surgery. He spent so little time with me. I wouldn't go back to this office.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

The routine sinus surgery he wanted to do to me was not well researched prior to him introducing me to his scheduling person. I had previously been told in his office by another ENT Doctor that my case should not be done by anyone in his office.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

the dr neglected my medical needs, i called him daily letting him know i had major infection, he neglected that , I came to my my 2nd appointment he could see that it was terrible infected and with no one else on the room but him and I he cutt mt through with NO PAIN MEDS OR NOTHING,I was traumatised, I sat in the front office for an hr. my body rejected all meds, he neglected that, told me to go to miejer for pain reliever,, I ended up in an emeregencie surgery due to his neglect, Mid Mi. ent promised to pay the hospitol bills, then bailed on that and said that we all sign a form that states we understand there could be complications, But this form says nothing on neglect. I WOULD NOT REFERR4 ANYONE TO THIS DR.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

Dr. Richard L. Carpenter's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Oxford