Ratings for Dr. Hatem S. Abdo

HE IS A GREAT DOCTOR !! He saved my life! I wish all the docors be like MR. Abdo

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Dr. Abdul is a very compassionate and knowledgeable surgeon. He will be straightforward with you and I have had three surgeries with him .

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Hate him he shouldn't do back surgery he made my back worser with a failed surgery that he just gave up on during procedure than kept lying to me that it's gonna get better

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Dr. Abdo performed a full craniotomy on me to remove a large brain tumor that was threatening my life. He removed the entire tumor and I currently do not suffer any brain/functional deficits. I am so grateful to Dr. Abdo- he saved my life which has allowed me to enjoy my time with my husband and three children.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

HE IS A POOR DOCTOR WHEN IT COME TO YOUR AFTER CARE.HIS STAFF WILL TREAT WITH NO CONCERN.HE HAS THE NAME .ABDO HE WON'T.....SORRY EXCUSE FOR A CHIEF OF SURGURY.BOTTOM LINE IF YOU HURTING HE WILL MAKE YOU HURT WORSE THEWN WHEN YOU WENT TO HIM....STAY AWAY : ( : ( : (

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

He fixed my herniated discs over 30 years ago. Back is great!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

He changed his entire procedure BEFORE the surgery, giving me NO TIME to think, and it was an incredible failure. Have been in pain since and he has not given us any answers about it. Just has to "RUSH OFF to the hospital, NO TIME, NO TIME", even during scheduled appointment. PLEASE RE-CONSIDER him. There are too many people in his waiting room at all visits, among many other things that should have been big red flags. He also does not prepare properly for the need of any surgery, I have been told. Proper testing and other procedures to rule out his surgical interventions are not taken. Learn from my mistake. I have to live in pain, not only with the same pains I went in with, that are now exacerbated, but with additional horrific pains in my back that didn't exist prior to his intervention with surgery, and I can barely walk now. I cannot plead with anyone reading this enough, do not go to Dr. Abdo. I had him put the name of what he was doing in writing.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2014

Dr. Abdo operated on my mother to help with her leg pain after countless Neurosurgeons’ and Pain Management physicians told her she would have to learn to “live with the pain.” Dr. Abdo was kind, compassionate and honest with my mother about her post operative recovery. After surgery her leg pain was gone and she felt great. Dr. Abdo told her to relax at home for 2 weeks and see him in the office in 3 weeks. My mother was feeling so good she decided to get on her hands and knees to wipe up the bathroom floor! The muscle spasms she experienced after the bathroom was clean were debilitating. Mom began to blame Dr. Abdo for her demise but I reminded her she did not follow his instructions. Patients please listen and follow the directions of Dr. Abdo! After 6 months my mother is fully recovered. She has some pain in her leg at the end of the day, but she is able to walk, swim and still wipes up the bathroom floor. Dr. Abdo is a great Neurosurgeon and I trust his judgment.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

Dr. Abdo did a discectomy foramenectomy laminectomy on me when I was about 30 years old. I was in more pain and very weak for months after the surgery. Dr. Abdo told me the surgery went perfectly and I shouldn't have any more problems. He was unsympathetic and downright mean to me. He refused to give me a referral to physical therapy for months and months after the surgery. I finally got a referral for PT from my primary care doctor which helped somewhat. I went to another surgeon and he had to perform a fusion to correct the mess that Dr. Abdo made. When I was opened up for the fusion, the surgeon found that I had been walking around with a fractured vertebrae caused by Dr. Abdo cutting away too much bone. Following the fusion I was much better but I have permanent nerve damage now.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Had some pain radiating across my shoulders and upper arms. Dr Abdo started out giving me 400 MG of Gabapentin once per day. After a month this dosage was not working so he increased it to 600 MG. I have a friend with a similar problem that was prescribed 1200 MG of the same drug to start with. Finally after going back and forth with him for months trying to get the medication increased I finally got up to 1200 Mg per day. This also did not work. I called his office and asked what he could do next. His answer, NOTHING.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Dr. Hatem S. Abdo's Credentials

• Ain Shams Univ, Fac Of Med, Abbasia, Cairo, Egypt (330-04 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1971)

Healthnet