Ratings for Dr. James D. Massey

I am a 67 yo female who had three prior office procedures to release a tongue tie, but none of those provided sufficient release. Dr. Massey was recommended to me by my myofunctional therapist. Unlike previous doctors and dentists I had seen, Dr. Massey correctly diagnosed that I had a more unusual and complex condition called a submucosal frenulum, which requires a more extensive surgical procedure called a frenuloplasty in order to revise the attachment of the tongue to the floor of the mouth. He was emphatic that was the only way to correct my tongue tie. He performed the frenuloplasty on me 6 weeks ago at an outpatient surgical center. I am very pleased with his willingness to do the surgery and with the outcome of that surgery.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Doctor Massey recently performed surgery on my 2 year old. While the surgery went good we didn't speak to him until 4 hours later after requesting several times to speak to him. He also didn't leave us feeling that we knew everything we needed to know to take care of her after surgery. And while we did receive instructions on how to care for her throat we received no instructions on caring for her ears even though we called his office several times. He also told us he was going to perceive ear drops along with her pain needs but only have us pain needs and when asked why told us that they don't normally prescribe ear drops. So why tell us she needs them then? I was overall unsatisfied with his performance after the surgery.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013

Dr. James D. Massey's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Scottsbluff, NE