Ratings for Dr. Damian W. Sorvino

I have had surgery done by Dr. Sorvino and so has one of my children. He is very smart and we have had great success with his procedures. Expect that he will be running late, expect that the girls at the front desk are very busy, but if you can get past these you will find a great Dr who has improved my health and that of my children. I would only recommend him if you have a serious condition because of the wait, but if you do you will find the wait worth it. You will also find his direct assistant very helpful on the phone and easy to access, she can get you answers right away.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

I had to have a procedure to remove a growth in my upper back. After long and careful research and thought, I chose Dr. Sorvino since I had to get this surgery and I wanted the outcome to be as good as possible. I also wanted minimal scar tissue. I heard that Dr. Sorvino was excellent for this. As it turns out, he did a fantastic job explaining to me the process before he did it so that my anxieties were minimized Today I have minimal scarring. He is truly professional and knowledgeable and I highly recommend Damian Sorvino.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Dr. Sorvino is the best! The assistant in his office is worse!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Sorvino is simply brilliant and one of the top surgeons in NJ. He is caring and thoughtful. He had to do surgery on my 2 year old son who suffered from constant ear infections. He was absolutely the best.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

My daughter had vocal cord cysts. We were told that my insurance will not cover the Denville facility so we waited for 4-6 months ( the doctors operates once every two weeks) to do it in Morristown to get insurance coverage. After surgery, which Dr. Sorvino had a good mastery of and performed successfully, we were told to pay thousands out of pocket for two anaesthetists. If the doctor is under Aetna network, why are the supporting specialists not under network, I fail to understand. After repeated calls to the office the matter was not resolved and the staff did not let us directly talk to the doctor. We were told that the balance will be claimed from us by credit bureau. Inspite of having the most expensive plan and high deductible we ended up paying a lot out of pocket, so much for the promise made personally by the doctor that the Morristown facility will be covered.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I wouldn't be able to hear if it wasn't for Dr. Sorvino. He also has the best bed side manner I've ever experienced. He was also highly recommended by a close friend who works at Morristown Hospital. He's simply the best!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I suspect Dr. Sorvino of fraud. My son has a deviated septum needing corrective surgery. Dr. Sorvino told him that he could only repair it to about 80% if we didn't agree to have a cosmetic portion done which included an implant at a cost of about $8000. He claimed our insurance company wouldn't approve the cosmetic portion. I called our insurance company who said even if there was some cosmetic benefit to some of the surgery they would approve it as medically necessary if the doctor applied for pre-certification. However, Dr. Sorvino would stand to make thousands more if he wasn't paid through insurance. I believe this is why he tried to predict that insurance wouldn't pay for the entire septum repair. So, we went to another doctor who told us no implant was needed and volunteered that she had to apply for pre-certification through our insurance. So, the information I had to investigate with our insurance and the second opinion confirms in my mind that Dr. Sorvino is primarily interested in lining his pockets over what's in the best interest of his patients. I would say don't walk away from Dr. Sorvino... RUN!!!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

I would not recommend Dr.Sorvino this doctor has poor bed side manners,doesn't even care about any questions you may have. All he cares about is getting patients in quickly and out and worse of all if you get any tests done in his office, he doesn't even have the decency to call you and tell you your results. He has his staff call so you come in and may more money for no answers. Huge disappointment and useless.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Doctor was late and I waited two hours for him. If you want a doctor who just cares about making money you have found your man.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

One of the worst physicians I have ever been to. He was incredibly late and was very unapologetic about it. He clearly only cares about money and not his patients.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

Dr. Damian W. Sorvino's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1987)

MSP/BC Med