Ratings for Dr. Yael Halaas

Professional but friendly. Careful work. Does not push what you do not want. This is my second time here after one year because the first time the results were so good and lasted for such a long time I dint need to come back.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2018

Emsculpt is phenomenal. Thank you Dr. Halaas! My results are unbelievable. My abs never looked this amazing with the gym alone & I go to the gym 5 days a wk. The MA, Jessica is highly knowledgeable about the treatment. I have told all my friends about it. Thank you again!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

Amazing! Totally professional + amazing results!!!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

My daughter has never been happier! It's a hard decision allowing your daughter to get a rhinoplasty. However Dr. Yael Halaas helped both my daughter and I feel so comfortable and VIP since day 1. She answered all our questions, and I mean all of them. I am sure parents have more questions for their children's surgeries than they do for their own surgeries. It's been a year since her surgery and her nose has never looked better. The boost in her self esteem is made clear with the new smile I constantly see on her face now. Thank you Dr. Halaas!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2018

I could not be more thrilled with my procedure. I had my upper and lower eyelids done. Everyone in the office was incredibly professional and amazing. Dr. Halaas is so knowledgeable and professional but kind and works with such confidence that I felt calm the whole time. Within weeks afterwards people started complementing my eyes.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

I went to Dr. Halaas for the removal of a growth on my head. The surgery was fast and painless , and now several months later there is no scar! Dr. Halaas has an amazing bedside manner, was efficient in the procedure and took her time to explain clearly what would be involved. Dr. has a great support staff and I would not hesitate in recommending her for any plastic surgery procedure.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

BOTCHED $15,000 HAIR GRAFT Regretfully I totally trusted Dr H to do a 2200 FUT hair transplant. I already had a linear scar on the back of my scalp from a previous FUT many years ago. Dr H never bothered to discuss with me how she would perform her own linear incision, that there were options and that I had a choice in how my scalp would be cut up back there. At the end of the day long procedure both me a tech found a 4 inch long strip of scalp with many of my long hairs densely attached to it. It was about 3mm thick strip, the strip was a wiglet that could be picked up and waived in the air. The tech just grabbed it from me and threw in the trash. The sight of it was very bothersome. Why were any, let alone so many viable hairs + scalp cut out of my head only to be trashed? I later asked Dr H about it. She claimed to have no explanation. But I know what I saw. So later I looked at YouTube videos and saw that an extra strip is sometimes involved to make 2 scars into one. When I told Dr H this she just responded 'oh it would only be a few hairs' But it wasn't a few hairs, it was a 4" long wiglet of hair. The transplant result is not so good. The hairline on my forehead is lower but the hair is very sparse and plenty of scalp is still visible. Dr H suggested doing another 500 grafts. But the problem is I have no donor hair left. There is now lots of visible air among the few strands left hanging below my ears. When I asked again about the strip Dr H just mumbled something about what it was supposed to do. I still am unable to get an explanation from her what her intention was in doing that. She has made zero attempt to explain to me why she cut out an extra piece of my scalp with hair and not discuss it with me first. It makes me sick all that hair could've been used for the extra 500 grafts instead of being cut out and thrown away. I paid $15,000 for this. I really believed Dr H was experienced, competent and worth the higher price. But it's clear I was oh so very wrong.

Submitted June 7, 2018

Dr. Yael Halaas

Dr. Yael Halaas's response
We are sorry to hear of this experience. Clearly, in every hair transplant, the goal for every patient is to use every viable hair graft. Every member of our experienced hair team is dedicated to this purpose. Please know that no one would have disposed of any viable hair grafts, especially in a case like what is described in this review. Our team is accustomed to working with fine hair as well as hair of all types and are happy to do so. To lower a hairline, especially with fine hairs, a second procedure is often needed to achieve the best density. Though some patients worry about sparse donor hair availability, there are a number of ways this can still be achieved. Dr. Halaas has helped a great number of patients to achieve their aesthetic goals of a natural transformation. Indeed, she has helped correct many patients reverse the scarring from prior surgeries. She has successfully removed the facial scars from around ear lobes from patient's prior facelifts, for instance. Though some scars may not be removed all together, they can be greatly reduced. She is pleased to have received very high ratings across many different review sites. That said, Dr. Halaas is extremely committed to patient satisfaction and encourages follow-up consultations lest expectations go unmet. We invite any unsatisfied patient to come back in and allow us to continue to work on their aesthetic goals. Dr. Halaas prides herself on her relationship with her patients and hopes to further discuss any concerns at our office.

Submitted July 18, 2018

I never thought I would get a facelift. I am a 56 year old man and I was a little hesitant about even making a consult. To be honest I went thinking a non surgical approach would be enough. What I liked about Dr. Halaas was that she was honest with me. She said there were non surgical options that 'improve' my appearance but the result that I wanted would only happen after a facelift. The day of the surgery the staff was very caring and professional. Recovery was as expected. I am very happy with my appearance, I feel 20years younger. Thank you Dr. Halaas for being honest and for the amazing work you did.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

Emsculpt works! I came in because Dr. Halaas is one of the only providers that have Emsculpt. I was a little skeptical because I did not think it would actually help with the little fat I have been trying to get rid of for the last 3 years. I am a soul cycle and Pilates fanatic. So I am in pretty great shape. But as we all do, I have my problem areas that no matter how much I work out I wasn't able to get the result I wanted. So when I heard about Emsculpt I said why not.! The procedure is not painful at all, tickles in a weird way, and I actually see the results!!! My problem area is gone and my abs look sculpted. I am soooo happy! I can not say enough good things about the staff because they answered all of my questions and worked around my schedule. I am going to try LHR with them next!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Hydrafacial is the best facial ever! Been coming to Dr. Halaas for years. She recommended I try a Hydrafacial with her Aethetician Raechel and it was the best thing ever. Such a refreshing experience. Left my skin the cleanest it's ever been and glowing like never before. Dr. Halaas never steers me wrong.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

Dr. Yael Halaas's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1996)