Ratings for Dr. Yael Halaas

Excellently conducted a procedure that I know would have otherwise been very uncomfortable(3rd visit for laser treatment). Very respectful and alert during the procedure on what I needed to feel comfortable Took their time with listening to my needs and provides the information I needed to address my concerns and questions. Highly recommend my nurse, Mariesa and Dr Halaas and her team. Excited to see the results

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Great experience! Mariesa listened to my needs and made sure to administer the perfect balance of products. Was nervous, but could not be happier with the results! Very thorough, detailed, and considerate of patient's needs!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Felt like I went to see a friend instead of a Doctor. She was so nice and really made me feel sure about my need for a facelift. The staff was helpful every step of the way. I called them a million times and they always knew how to reassure me. I look 10 years younger after my facelift. Dr.Halaas is the best!!!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

I am happy with the experience I received here. Everyone made me feel comfortable and were so professional.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

I had a really wonderful experience with Dr. Halaas and all the office staff. They answered all my questions before and after the procedure and were extremely kind and professional.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I just had a facelift with Dr. halaas and could not be happier. I feel amazing and love what I look like already. The staff and Dr. Halaas are so warm and made me feel comfortable every step of the way.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

The doctor and clinical staff were kind, courteous, knowledgable and showed a genuine concern for me experience and wellbeing. I give them a 10 out of 10!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Came for PRP consultation/treatment to address early stage, male hair thinning along the sides of my frontal hairline/temple area. Dr Halaas and her cosmetic nurse Mariesa explained to me what to expect from these treatments. I had my first injection done today. The nurse took a small vial of blood from my arm (just like blood work when going for a check up). About 10-15 mins later they injected the processed blood into my frontal scalp area. I do not love needles, but I am also not needle phobic. With that being said, I personally did not find the injections to be particularly uncomfortable. I talked with the doctor and sent texts out during the injections. The injections took about 5 mins. I am coming back in one month for the second treatment. Also, I am going to start using minoxidil (rogaine) while undergoing the PRP to add an additional avenue of assistance to the PRP process. Dr Halaas and Mariesa discussed how minoxidil, propecia and some vitamins can help play a role with this process. I think this last part is tailored to the individual.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Did two treatments of infini RF which is supposably suppose to improve acne scars and stops future breakouts. The nurse claimed it was the best treatment to improve the skin. However, the treatment is very painful and expensive, I saw no results in scarring and still breakout decided to pass on a third treatment because of this, waste of money in my opinion. I think you have to sign something also that says you do this at your own risk and results aren't guaranteed. Also got charged a fee of 75$ not sure why? possibly because I had an appointment for a third treatment, which i believe I scheduled two months after my second treatment, didn't receive any reminder about said appointment to let me know it was coming up. Live and learn I guess. Overall wouldn't recommend the Infiny RF treatment if you're trying to improve acne scaring and prevent breakouts.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Yael Halaas

Dr. Yael Halaas's response
We appreciate the candid feedback. Our goal is to provide patients with the best possible results and experience while in our care. That being said, Infini is a rather painful treatment but we find that the results are worth it. Regular side effects associated with Infini are redness and track marks that can last up to a month. All adverse symptoms and side effects are discussed with patients prior to treatment beginning. In light of that, we strive to treat as many patients as possible and ask that patient's let us know if they are unable to make an appointment so we can manage our schedule appropriately. If a patient is a no call/ no show we do assess a $75 charge. We welcome patients to reach out to us with any questions or concerns. Best of luck with future skin treatment.

Submitted April 12, 2017

before you read this - please note that i had originally put this review on yelp, and dr. halaas has a great PR workto hide all her negative comments under "reviews not recommended." I then called yelp and apparently, you can pay to have your best reviews first ! As soon as i put up this review,thenext day she had THREE more positive ones - which in turn made her ratings look higher. don't get fooled. I tried to give Halaas a chance, i really did. After the initial consultation, i should have taken that as a red flag. She was rather cold, and sarcastic. I couldn't tell if she was trying to be funny or condescending? Anyway,I figured it was just me and that I should just keep quiet. She's a 'professional' after all, right? Red flag #2 they gave me a cheaper price per unit for botox on the phone, and when I came in, it was way more expensive than the original price. I am not sure why the two different prices. but i didn't want to look cheap so I went ahead and did it anyway. BIG MISTAKE. ONE eye brow was way higher than the other. when I came into her office to fix this, she didn't even say sorry. All she said was that I needed a "touch up" (which I had to pay for). She had an attitude the whole time, i don't know why because it wasn't HER face that looked super weird,it was mine, and it was a poorly done botox session. That should have been my last straw, but I so badly wanted to believe all the good reviews I read. Unfortunately, I ended up doing filler with her also, and it was so painful, and lopsided, once again! I had done my cheekbones and one was obviously bigger than the other!!! I should have followed my instinct. after the touch up, my eye brows remained the same (wondering if the product was diluted to save$?) and I had to go to another doctor to fix what she had done with both the botox and filler. I've had botox and filler done by other doctors, so I knew how this was supposed to come out. such a shame, not cheap, and poor work. My coworkers couldn't stop staring - most embarrassing feeling! Please think twice before coming here! I understand she likes to post and show off that she's been in certain magazines, interviewed here and there (blah blah blah) but that is all show. just because she got a "shout out" and interview, does not ensure that you are getting quality work. with the help of media and pr, anyone can have good reviews and interviews.

Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr. Yael Halaas

Dr. Yael Halaas's response
I appreciate candid feedback. My staff and I are dedicated to helping patients achieve the best results possible while simultaneously creating the look they have always wanted. We are happy to say that we have been successful in bringing satisfaction to the vast majority of our clients. However, there are times, despite our best efforts, that a patient isn't satisfied and we will always strive to do all that we can to remedy those concerns. In light of that, we are unable to identify a patient of record that presented with these concerns but we are always available for consultation and to answer any questions new or existing patients may have.

Submitted January 31, 2017

Dr. Yael Halaas's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1996)