Ratings for Dr. Yael Halaas

I just had a facelift with Dr. halaas and could not be happier. I feel amazing and love what I look like already. The staff and Dr. Halaas are so warm and made me feel comfortable every step of the way.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

The doctor and clinical staff were kind, courteous, knowledgable and showed a genuine concern for me experience and wellbeing. I give them a 10 out of 10!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Came for PRP consultation/treatment to address early stage, male hair thinning along the sides of my frontal hairline/temple area. Dr Halaas and her cosmetic nurse Mariesa explained to me what to expect from these treatments. I had my first injection done today. The nurse took a small vial of blood from my arm (just like blood work when going for a check up). About 10-15 mins later they injected the processed blood into my frontal scalp area. I do not love needles, but I am also not needle phobic. With that being said, I personally did not find the injections to be particularly uncomfortable. I talked with the doctor and sent texts out during the injections. The injections took about 5 mins. I am coming back in one month for the second treatment. Also, I am going to start using minoxidil (rogaine) while undergoing the PRP to add an additional avenue of assistance to the PRP process. Dr Halaas and Mariesa discussed how minoxidil, propecia and some vitamins can help play a role with this process. I think this last part is tailored to the individual.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Did two treatments of infini RF which is supposably suppose to improve acne scars and stops future breakouts. The nurse claimed it was the best treatment to improve the skin. However, the treatment is very painful and expensive, I saw no results in scarring and still breakout decided to pass on a third treatment because of this, waste of money in my opinion. I think you have to sign something also that says you do this at your own risk and results aren't guaranteed. Also got charged a fee of 75$ not sure why? possibly because I had an appointment for a third treatment, which i believe I scheduled two months after my second treatment, didn't receive any reminder about said appointment to let me know it was coming up. Live and learn I guess. Overall wouldn't recommend the Infiny RF treatment if you're trying to improve acne scaring and prevent breakouts.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Yael Halaas

Dr. Yael Halaas's response
We appreciate the candid feedback. Our goal is to provide patients with the best possible results and experience while in our care. That being said, Infini is a rather painful treatment but we find that the results are worth it. Regular side effects associated with Infini are redness and track marks that can last up to a month. All adverse symptoms and side effects are discussed with patients prior to treatment beginning. In light of that, we strive to treat as many patients as possible and ask that patient's let us know if they are unable to make an appointment so we can manage our schedule appropriately. If a patient is a no call/ no show we do assess a $75 charge. We welcome patients to reach out to us with any questions or concerns. Best of luck with future skin treatment.

Submitted April 12, 2017

before you read this - please note that i had originally put this review on yelp, and dr. halaas has a great PR workto hide all her negative comments under "reviews not recommended." I then called yelp and apparently, you can pay to have your best reviews first ! As soon as i put up this review,thenext day she had THREE more positive ones - which in turn made her ratings look higher. don't get fooled. I tried to give Halaas a chance, i really did. After the initial consultation, i should have taken that as a red flag. She was rather cold, and sarcastic. I couldn't tell if she was trying to be funny or condescending? Anyway,I figured it was just me and that I should just keep quiet. She's a 'professional' after all, right? Red flag #2 they gave me a cheaper price per unit for botox on the phone, and when I came in, it was way more expensive than the original price. I am not sure why the two different prices. but i didn't want to look cheap so I went ahead and did it anyway. BIG MISTAKE. ONE eye brow was way higher than the other. when I came into her office to fix this, she didn't even say sorry. All she said was that I needed a "touch up" (which I had to pay for). She had an attitude the whole time, i don't know why because it wasn't HER face that looked super weird,it was mine, and it was a poorly done botox session. That should have been my last straw, but I so badly wanted to believe all the good reviews I read. Unfortunately, I ended up doing filler with her also, and it was so painful, and lopsided, once again! I had done my cheekbones and one was obviously bigger than the other!!! I should have followed my instinct. after the touch up, my eye brows remained the same (wondering if the product was diluted to save$?) and I had to go to another doctor to fix what she had done with both the botox and filler. I've had botox and filler done by other doctors, so I knew how this was supposed to come out. such a shame, not cheap, and poor work. My coworkers couldn't stop staring - most embarrassing feeling! Please think twice before coming here! I understand she likes to post and show off that she's been in certain magazines, interviewed here and there (blah blah blah) but that is all show. just because she got a "shout out" and interview, does not ensure that you are getting quality work. with the help of media and pr, anyone can have good reviews and interviews.

Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr. Yael Halaas

Dr. Yael Halaas's response
I appreciate candid feedback. My staff and I are dedicated to helping patients achieve the best results possible while simultaneously creating the look they have always wanted. We are happy to say that we have been successful in bringing satisfaction to the vast majority of our clients. However, there are times, despite our best efforts, that a patient isn't satisfied and we will always strive to do all that we can to remedy those concerns. In light of that, we are unable to identify a patient of record that presented with these concerns but we are always available for consultation and to answer any questions new or existing patients may have.

Submitted January 31, 2017

I first went to Dr. Halaas about 7 yrs ago for a Local Lift around the neck & chin. The results were noticeable but subtle. I still looked like me. Over time my eyes started to age with drooping lids, dark circles & bags. Nothing I tried helped. Last year I went on the internet & saw that Dr. Halaas now had a new office & I hadn't seen her in years so I made an appointment. I was treated warmly by ALL of her staff & they always answered my questions promptly. Dr. Halaas performed bilateral upper & lower blepharoplasty. I was a little uncomfortable for the first day but really I felt fine. She kept in touch with me that first week & asked me to send a photo of myself via phone. I was impressed with that concern. The results were fabulous. My godchild said it best, "Now you look like you used to look." And THAT'S exactly what I wanted! I trust Dr. Halaas & her staff & I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

I showed up at the office early for an appointment to have a procedure that takes about 5 to 10 minutes. I assumed an hour would be enough time and went on my "lunch break". I proceeded to wait for about an hour total and had to leave before I was able to have the procedure. I had already paid for the procedure due to an email promotion she had sent out so it makes me wonder if that is why it was not a priority that I be seen. I was told that other people had shown up late , and probably had asked a lot of questions causing the doctor to run late. An hour late? I actually never saw her, made an appointment as I have already paid and left pretty disgusted.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Very happy with Dr. Halaas. Excellent work and excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I experience terrible TMJ and Dr. Halaas went out of her way to squeeze me into her busy schedule to inject me with botox. Botox is an incredible treatment for immediate pain relief and I highly recommend it for all who suffer from TMJ. Within one hour after treatment I had absolutely no pain! Dr. Halaas' bedside manner is beyond impeccable and I put my utmost trust in her.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

The practice seemed like the rich family you envy from afar that is until you enter and find that they are completely dysfunctional.As I waited I saw complete chaos and venom being spewed by the women right in front of me. I was finally called in and out of nowhere a little person comes into the room and starts telling me what I need to improve!Immediately thought i was part of act due in this circus.From her intro she informed me she was the consultant, not an MD?Not even bothering to ask about her qualifications since she thought her knowledge of medical terms would impress me, i aloud her to ramble. Than patiently I waited for act III, the Doctor finally comes in and tells me everything her consultant was telling me I needed, why DID Dr. Halaas even bothered to come in??! she should have had the "little person" inject me with what she "thought" I needed. I left the office un-impressed But happy not getting anything done, since little person may probably be doing the MD's surgeries.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

Dr. Yael Halaas's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1996)

GHI