Ratings for Dr. Eric Smouha

Dr Smouha has been helping me for years. He is a very competent doctor and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

I went to Dr. Smouha for a large complex Cholesteatoma in the left ear in which he surgically removed in an outpatient procedure. I travelled from a couple states away to have Dr. Smouha as my surgeon. I felt very confident and comfortable from the first time met him. I'm glad I did my research and selected him as my surgeon, He is a highly skilled and compassionate surgeon with excellent bedside manners and follow up. I highly recommend Dr. Smouha, he's the best! Thanks again!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Dr Smouha is an excellent doctor in every aspect. I had a recent procedure of removing a cholesteatoma from my right ear and was quite nervous because no doctor in my area wanted to perform the surgery due to the complexity and potential risks. I am greatful that I made the long trip to nyc to have Dr Smouha perform my surgery. I am in minimal pain and he not only cleared the disease but also ridded the root of the issue without any complications. He was able to keep my hearing in tact as well. Hes very intelligent and knows his craft and had put me and my parents at ease pre op. I highly recommend Dr Smouha to anyone who needs answers, solutions and results. The staff, nurses and anesthesiologists at Mt Sinai were incredible as well and I thank them all for the positive experience. Top Notch!!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

Waited 5 months for appointment , was very excited to finally get some help with my vertigo attacks but he actually didn't do much and gave me a script to try , when I had bad effects wouldn't follow up and referred me back to my original dr. waste of time and money !

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Treated me for Mastoiditis. Cured a condition that required over 20 previous surgeries with no success. By the time I showed up at his office i was very skeptical. Yet he had patience and compassion and worked with me to develop trust in his abilities to surgically correct the problem. I never looked back and give him the highest recommendations!!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr. Smouha was exceptional. I had a 4.5 cm acoustic neuroma- he had a caring, concerned bedside manor at my hospital bed. He works with Dr. Post at Mount Sinai. He appears like Einstein but has the brains and heart.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

Dr. Smouha helped my mother when no one else could. He was caring, concerned and very professional. He called me back in the middle of the night when my mother contracted a serious infection and advised me what to do. He always checked in on her more than any of the other doctors. Not only is he a doctor of exceptional SKILL, he has the warm character to match that. i would reccommend him to everyone that needed a wonderful ENT.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

Dr. Smouha never looked up from my audiogram while questioning me about my hearing loss. If he read the audiogram, he would have known that I couldn't hear what he was saying. If he paid any attention to my asking him "What?"/"Excuse me?"/"Pardon me?", he would have spoke up. You really can't trust someone who has such a lack of interest in what they do. He provided no feedback on my hearing loss. Gave no impression or take on how to approach the issue. The visit was really a total waste of time and energy. It's been 6 months since the appointment and I still think that he's not only a bad doctor but a horrible human being. I feel really bad about saying this, which is why I waited 6 months to post a review. But, in my case, this is true. So I would not recomend.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

Without a doubt the most knowledgeable doctor I've been to for Meniere's Disease (and I've been to far too many less-than-knowledgeable doctors). Caring, compassionate, open minded, willing to try different protocols. Long waits for appointments, but well worth the wait. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr. Eric Smouha's Credentials

• Mc Gill Univ, Fac Of Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1981)

Delta Dental