Dr. Patience H. Reading

Ratings for Dr. Patience H. Reading

I had been suffering with headaches for several years. When they began to increase in frequency and severity a year ago I went to my doctor. He referred me to a neurologist in town who prescribed a couple different medicines that didn't help. A friend, who is a patient of Dr. Reading's, recommended I see her for a second opinion. She was as kind and patient and thorough as any physician I have ever visited. She recommended changes in diet and lifestyle which have completely eliminated my headaches. Her office is extremely well run and all of the office staff are extremely pleasant and professional. I would wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone looking for a neurologist in central Texas.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

I was referred to Dr Reading after experiencing extreme fatique, numbness in my arms, and hand tremors shortly after the birth of my daughter. She ran some blood work and nerve tests which all came back normal. During my next appointment she told me there was no medical reason for my symptoms and suggested I get counseling. This was devastating for me, to say the least. I knew my symptoms were not in my head and it's a horrible feeling for someone to suggest that. A couple months later I became very ill and was admitted into the hospital and diagnosed with Grave's Disease, a thyroid condition - not her specialty, but a disease that causes all of the symptoms I was having. My thyroid had to be removed immediately. I just wanted to share my experience with her to let people know she's one of those doctors you hear about that are quick to suggest it must all be in your head if they don't have the answer.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2007

Dr. Reading is an excellent Neurologist. She is kind and has an excellent bedside manner. Her ofice is very efficient and well run. I would highly recommend her to anyone in need of a neurologist in Austin.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2007

Dr. Patience H. Reading's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1998)

Champ Va