Dr. Evan J. Tobin

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Evan J. Tobin

As a new patient, I was impressed with Dr. Tobin, and his staff from my first visit. While examining me and running tests, he communicated about needs and requirements on every step completed. Upon completion he fully explained the outpatient operation I needed to correct my problem. On the day of the operation at the surgery center, he reviewed the operation and expectations, along with other personal involved doing the same as well. Later that day, when I got home, he personally called to see how I was doing. The required follow-up visits went with the same results. I would recommend Dr. Tobin to anyone needing ENT or allergy services.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

Dr Tobin is extremely knowledgeable and personable. He was patient and sweet to our two year old daughter who needed ear tubes and did an amazing job answering all of our questions and concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. Tobin!!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Dr, Tobin placed ear tubes in for my 1 year old daughter. The procedure was quick and easy and he did a great job of explaining everything to my husband and I. Also he was patient and excellent with my daughter!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Dr. Tobin is an empathetic physician with amazing bedside manner. Our daughter has had multiple reconstructive surgeries on her ears, and Dr. Tobin is one of the few doctors who knows how to treat her and fully understands her very specialized needs. AAAAA+++++++

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I have had two sinus surgeries and related follow-up care with Dr. Tobin over the last eight years and highly recommend him for ENT treatment! Along with my allergist, he has provided excellent diagnosis, treatment options, advice and an ongoing healthcare regimen for my particular condition. I am definitely better-off under his care!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Dr. Tobin is wonderful, I appreciate how he looks at the whole problem and instead of just dealing with my deviated septum, he had me follow up with an allergist and sleep specialist to make sure those were not problems for me as well. My first visit, he gave me a booklet that has all sorts of information about ENT problems, like medications and why they are used, procedures that are common, and the english explanation of ENT conditions (I am a RN myself, but this handout was very informative and answered many questions). My surgery went very well, and Dr. Tobin called me himself afterwards to check on me. I really enjoyed Dr. Tobin's help and professionalism. I had a relatively painless recovery, and would certainly recommend him to someone looking for ENT care.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Our family highly recommends Dr. Tobin. We went to several pediatricians before coming to his office. Our two-year-old​ son was having frequent ear infections and was not producing any speech. After evaluating his ears and hearing, Dr. Tobin suggested that my son have tubes placed in his ears. He performed the surgery and my son no longer has ear infections and is now starting to produce speech. Dr. Tobin takes the time to listen to listen to our concerns, every time and explains what is going on, along with the best treatment plan to remedy the problem. We highly recommend Dr. Tobin to anyone who needs an excellent ENT.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Dr. Tobin and his staff are very understanding and helpful. They are all very kind

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Dr Tobin is a doctor who cares about his patients and is knowledgeable and experienced. I went to see him for a sinus problem and he did surgery on me. It couldn’t have gone better. He and his staff are top notch and treat their patients with respect and care. Dr Tobin has earned his 5 star rating and his excellent reputation. I would recommend him to anyone needing this kind of medical care.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dr. Tobin and his staff are very professional in every way. Our kids have been seeing Dr. Tobin for many years now and have had great experiences for each visit. Dr. Tobin has also performed various surgical procedures on our kids and all have gone very well and we have been very happy with the outcomes. Excellent Doctor with a great reputation!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Dr. Evan J. Tobin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Since 1998, Dr. Tobin has been a physician with University Otolaryngologists, which is now called Ohio ENT & Allergy Physicians, a group of almost 30 outstanding ENTs, allergists, ophthalmology and sleep doctors. He holds an adjunct faculty appointment in the Department of Otolaryngology at Ohio State and is involved in teaching medical school students, residents, and practicing physicians. He has been a regular lecturer of the surgery, family medicine residents at Mt. Carmel Medical Center and Grant Hospital. In 2012 and in 2014, he was recognized for his teaching by receiving the “Victor R. VerMeulen, MD Auxiliary Faculty Award” from the Ohio State Department of Otolaryngology. He was selected as one of America’s best doctors by the “Best Doctors” organization in 2011-2017 and picked as a “Top Regional Doc” by the Castle Connolly Medical group. He has been the co-author of five medical textbook chapters including the Textbook of Family Practice by Rakel and Cumming’s Text of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. He is board-certified in Otolaryngology and is a Fellow member in the American Rhinologic Society. His primary professional focus is private practice on the East side of Columbus, Ohio and in Newark, Ohio, seeing adults and children with disorders of the ear, nose and throat, with a special interest in nasal and sinus problems and sleep disorders.

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1992)

• “Top Regional Doc” by the Castle Connolly Group