Dr. Evan J. Tobin

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Evan J. Tobin

Dr. Tobin is great to have as my surgeon. I wish I could give a rating of higher than 5. I would recommend him to everyone. Thanks For getting me better Dr. Tobin!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

Rare to find a doctor that helps you on the first visit...the first visit!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

I highly recommend Dr. Tobin. After having pain for several years I was recommended by a friend to visit Dr. Tobin. He took the time to listen and came up with a plan to fix my problem. The surgery went great and his follow up care was just as amazing.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

Dr. Tobin is a caring and knowledgeable doctor who is also a highly skilled surgeon. The sinus surgery that he performed on my nose has helped alleviate problems I have been suffering with for some time. Dr. Tobin takes time and listens to his patients and is able to communicate with them. From the first time I met with him I knew I was in good hands. I can't recommend Dr. Tobin highly enough!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2018

Dr. Tobin put tubes in two of my daughters ears and completed an adenoidectomy on one of my daughters. He always talked me through all our possible options and I never felt pressured to make any decision. I felt he cared about my children and their health. Dr. Tobin was recommended to us by our pediatrician, Dr. Pfau, who stated he did his children's tubes. This gave me great comfort in our decision at first but after working with Dr Tobin he earned our trust on his own.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2018

Called to make an appointment with Dr. Tobin. The receptionist was very rude and had an attitude.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

Dr. Tobin removed my tonsils and the surgery went really well! I used to get really bad tonsil stones but I don't get them anymore. My recovery was much easier than I anticipated because I took my meds and drank plenty of fluids. Dr. Tobin is very knowledgable and I would highly recommend him to anyone and everyone!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2018

I highly recommend Dr. Tobin to anyone who wants a doctor that is both highly knowledgeable and who genuinely cares about his patients. Dr. Tobin takes the time needed to listen to your concerns and explain what he feels needs to be done. I also GREATLY appreciated that HE was the one to call and check on my son after surgery and to discuss test results with me. He is 100% available to his patients and one of the very best!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

I am 67 years old and most of my life I fought ear aches. 8 years ago I was referred to Dr. Tobin. He cleaned out my sinuses and inserted ear tubes and I have not had a earache since. (I would be in the Doctors office about every 2 weeks for my ears before that)

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

I have a long history of sinus problems and I’m so glad I was referred to Dr. Tobin. I finally I feel really fortunate that I was referred to Dr. Tobin. I have a long history of sinus problems and I feel that Dr. Tobin has really made a difference in my health.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Dr. Evan J. Tobin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Since 1998, Dr. Tobin has been a physician with University Otolaryngologists, which is now called Ohio ENT & Allergy Physicians, a group of almost 30 outstanding ENTs, allergists, ophthalmology and sleep doctors. He holds an adjunct faculty appointment in the Department of Otolaryngology at Ohio State and is involved in teaching medical school students, residents, and practicing physicians. He has been a regular lecturer of the surgery, family medicine residents at Mt. Carmel Medical Center and Grant Hospital. In 2012 and in 2014, he was recognized for his teaching by receiving the “Victor R. VerMeulen, MD Auxiliary Faculty Award” from the Ohio State Department of Otolaryngology. He was selected as one of America’s best doctors by the “Best Doctors” organization in 2011-2017 and picked as a “Top Regional Doc” by the Castle Connolly Medical group. He has been the co-author of five medical textbook chapters including the Textbook of Family Practice by Rakel and Cumming’s Text of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. He is board-certified in Otolaryngology and is a Fellow member in the American Rhinologic Society. His primary professional focus is private practice on the East side of Columbus, Ohio and in Newark, Ohio, seeing adults and children with disorders of the ear, nose and throat, with a special interest in nasal and sinus problems and sleep disorders.

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1992)

• Selected into “Best Doctors” organization