Ratings for Dr. Benito A. Alvarez

He made a series of mistakes that have affected my wife's ability to have future children. I will never forgive him. All we wanted was a house full of children.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

Great doctor! He discovered a very rare condition while I was pregnant and successfully helped me manage without any complications. Communication between him and maternal fetal medicine doctors was great! He was very personable, and was very attentive and quick to follow up with calls. I felt very comfortable with him, and during the C-section he made me very comfortable as he explained everything going on while he was doing it. Patients are lucky to have him, and the students he teaches are lucky to learn from him. He is very popular so especially if pregnant I would suggest making all of your appts. for the 9 months up front because a couple times I ran into scheduling conflicts and could not see him.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Please be very careful if you are seeing this doctor. He failed to diagnose my preeclampsia. I had protein in my urine and he made the call not to take the baby early. I am still suffering the consequences of this mistake. I will never be the same.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012

Dr. Alvarez may be personable as many of the comments suggest, but he does not have the knowledge needed to be an OB. Ask him what he knows about petocin or cervidil and you will find out that he knows nothing about these two drugs although he administers them on a regular basis. He has no understanding of their side effects and fails to warn his patients of the severe side effects that these drugs may cause. I chose my doctors based on their skill level and knowledge and not their friendliness.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

very knowledgeable and nice and allowed adequate time for asking questions

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

Dr Alvarez is a life saver. He is the best doctor I ever seen.Thank you very much!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

This is the BEST doctor ever!! I want him to be my doctor for everything.. I don't have one bad thing to say. He is too nice, caring, and takes his time with you.... You will LOVE him

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

Dr. Alvarez is great. He is not just a doctor but a friend. He runs late but when you are with him he makes you feel you are the only one his mind. He is compassionate, fun, supportive and knowledgable. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

Thank you Dr. Alvarez and staff. You all are wonderful. I wish you much success in your on going careers and lives. Take care.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2009

I was treated by Dr. Alvarez, and he was the most compassionate, caring person that I have ever dealt with. I say "person", because he treated me like a person.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

Dr. Benito A. Alvarez's Credentials

• Spanish

AARP

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He made a series of mistakes that have affected my wife's ability to have future children. I will never forgive him. All we wanted was a house full of childr..."

December 31, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Benito" to "Benito A."

October 20, 2013
  • City changed from "CLEVELAND" to "Mayfield Heights"

September 1, 2013