Ratings for Dr. Wendy S. Siegel

What a gentle doctor. I took my daughter who was 4 months old and she did not make a sound when Dr Siegel took care of her ingrown. Amazing!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I went to Dr. Siegel for toenail fungus on one of my toenails. It wasn't a bad case at all, really just an aesthetic problem but I still wanted to have a doctor look at it. My experience there was wonderful; Dr. Siegel was very attentive and thorough. She even shaved down some calluses on my feet. I thought, wow, she is great! I was wondering, however, why I had x-rays done, which had nothing to do with nail fungus, however I didn't ask at the time. (Which I should have.) Even though my case was very slight, she recommended laser treatment for it, if the topical treatment didn't work. Laser treatment would cost me, I believe $500-600. At the time, I didn't know my case was hardly anything; I only found that out when I got a second opinion from another podiatrist. So, I contemplated getting it done. Well, all of that came to a halt when I received my bill! She charged my insurance company over $800, which left me a bill of $114!!!! JUST FOR LOOKING AT TOENAIL FUNGUS!!!! It turns out that she charged $200 for the new patient consultation, about $150 each for 2 x-rays of my foot and 2 x-rays of my ankle. (Again, NOT NECESSARY AT ALL!) Then $55 for nail debridement, (Removal of unwanted tissue around the toenail.) $88 for the calluses, and then a whopping $170 to biopsy the nail with the fungus! (Again, not nescessary.) She did not mention once through all of this "special treatment" that she would be charging me for it. She did say that she was going to biopsy the nail but I had no idea it would be so costly, and again, at the time, I did not know that my case was nothing major. I was appalled when I got the bill. How dare she? I called to complain and the receptionist there said they would deduct the money I owed for the x-rays, proving that the doctor knew it was ridiculous. But why should she care? She already received the bulk of the money from my insurance company. When I went to get a second opinion at the other podiatrist, (who was wonderful, by the way) all I had to pay was a $15 copay. When I told her about my experience with Dr. Siegel, she told me she had other patients that came from her with similar complaints. BEWARE! If you do not have the extra money to spend, DO NOT go to Dr. Siegel! She is a swindler

Submitted April 9, 2016

I love Dr. Siegel! I went to her with an infection that just wouldn't go away. I visited four different podiatrists and a dermatologist before finding her. None of them were able to cure my infection, and they tried multiple treatments to no avail. After only two visits to Dr. Siegel's office, my infection was cured! On top of that, she and her staff are so lovely and warm, and never ask me to wait more than five or ten minutes. Her office is clean and inviting. I will never see another podiatrist again!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

One of the best doctors I've ever seen. She spent a lot of time with me, seemed incredibly knowledgable, was very friendly, and best of all, she fixed my foot!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

The greatest doctor so gentle! I would recommend her highly

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Dr. Siegel took the time to explain exactly what was wrong with my foot and how she was going to treat it. She spent about half an hour with me, taking the time to listen to all my questions and answer them all. Also, her off ice was clean and her staff very pleasant. I highly recommend this knowledgeable and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I brought my mother in to see Dr Wendy Siegel this week. I had taken her to a couple of other podiatrists before and was not pleased with the service. Upon entering the office I was greeted with warmth and smiling friendly faces. The wait was five to ten minutes and I was brought into the exam room. Dr siegel came in and introduced herself with a smile and I already knew I was in good hands. She seemed genuinely concerned with my mom and her diabetic issues. She did a very thorough exam and we were also told that my mom could get diabetic shoes once a year through her insurance. We had never been told this before. I will be taking my mom back in a few weeks to pick up her custom shoes and I will be scheduling an appointment for my mom to have regular routine visits for her diabetic care. Overall, this was a very pleasant experience and not only will I be coming back, but I will also refer Dr Wendy Siegel to all my friends and family. A+ to Dr Siegel and staff!!!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Very knowledgeable and the staff was great. I would recommend her to everyone.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

She knows way too much about insurance claims, and getting her money, than giving the proper diagnosis and treating the problem.

Submitted August 31, 2015

Great doctor I would recommend this doctor highly. Staff is very helpful

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr. Wendy S. Siegel's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2002)