Ratings for Dr. Dan Farine

An amazing Doctor and team!!! Wonderful care!!! Second pregnancy will be only with this Doctor!!!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2018

The best doctor and staff!!! Always on time and very helpful!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

Dr. Farine was my OB, and I will be going for my 6 week follow up in a few days. After several miscarriages, my husband and I were cautiously optimistic about this pregnancy, and through the whole process, Dr. Farine was reassuring, funny (something that was totally appreciated by us in this stressful time) and mostly, incredibly knowledgable and confident. This pregnancy was not without complications, but at no time did I think I wasn’t in the best hands. Yes, they’re busy. It’s busy because your literally at the best hospital with the best doctors, so it didn’t bother me one bit. My reward for waiting at appointments is currently 6 weeks old, thriving and snuggled up on my chest as I write this! Also, a massive shoutout to his nurse Tamara and Sandra his secretary. We spent a ton of time with them as well, and they were amazing. I cannot say enough about this doctor and his staff, and hopefully we can see him again in a few years for number 2 :)

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

Simply Amazing from staff to Doctor Farine himself. You feel their true caring about you and any concerns you may have.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Dr. Farine is my OBGYN - first pregnancy at age 39. Being induced in one week. Feel as though I am in competent, knowledgeable hands. Come prepared with all your questions and go through your list - Dr. Farine will answer all questions (this comment in reference to others who have indicated they felt he was indifferent). His staff are also a great resource. I found him and his staff to be a good fit for my personality - comfortable speaking up, doesn’t require a lot of handholding (from him - that support comes from my husband and other loved ones), and appreciates a more relaxed (but still highly competent) approach. Absolutely be prepared to wait - all appointments are provided at first meeting but I quickly discovered the times were more of a suggestion. Overall very pleased with level of care and looking forward to a safe delivery in a week! - R.W., Toronto

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

He does know his field but it doesn't mean that he cares. I already wrote one review 3 years ago. Just a follow-up on a story. I wanted a C-section, he convinced me that vaginal delivery will be better. So yes, it was, consequences: prolonged postpartum depression, PTSD as a result of failed epidural and pain beyond description, fibromyalgia as a result of all of it. Torn muscles of pelvic floor, had to do surgery to get all back in place. Still have overactive bladder, pretty slim chances of ever fixing that, leaking all the time. 4 years passed and I still have nightmares. Thanks so much!!! That was my dream. And obviously that was the best mental contraceptive ever. Will never ever have another childbirth, not in my life.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Met Dr. Farine today. He's not my OB but he is part of the team of docs at Sinai who will deliver my baby. His was AWESOME. Direct, caring, present, knowledgable and helpful. I really enjoyed meeting him. Totally impressed.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Doctor Farine was AMAZING. He was not my OBGYN, however he was the OB on staff the eveni that I gave birth to my son in the OR at Mount Siani. On first impression, I didn't like him because he quickly informed me that the RESIDENT was the one delivering my baby, the fellow was in charge of the resident and he was in charge of the fellow. As soon as he left the room I told my nurse that the resident would NOT be touching me or my baby (extremely high risk delivery due to my baby having a heart condition that would require immediate attention from Sick Kids as soon as he was born. From that point on I didn't see the resident. I knew the fellow and felt comfortable with him and so agreed he could be involved, but that Doctor Farine would absolutely be present. After two hours of pushing, I started to panic because my baby was facing up and did NOT want to come out. He the team to set up the table for a C-section and then told me to just try to push two more times and that he was going to help me. He moved in front of the fellow and compleyely took over. He was amazing. I was scared to death and he made me feel safe. We ended up having to use the forceps and vacuum, but he safely and successfully delivered my son. I was pretty upset for the last half hour (to say the least) and he never lost his patience and was so kind, professional and caring. He knew that I was in excruciating pain and ordered the anesthesiologist to administer more pain medication in the last ten minutes of delivery (before forceps and vacuum). If I ever have another baby, I will DEFINITELY try to get him as our OB. I couldn't have asked for a more caring and professional doctor. He might be a little older than the others, but he knows what he's doing and made what could have been a very scary outcome to be as best as possible. He showed my baby to me and made a few funny comments to try to make me laugh brought tears. My baby was then taken to the team at sick kids in the side room and Doctor Farine promised me that they wouldn't take him to Sick Kids before I got to see my son. Indidninfact get to spend ten minutes with my baby before he was taken over to Sick Kids and I am so grateful. He also made sure that I was virtually pain see after he was delivered for the rest of the night. He is a great doctor. My baby was born January 2016 and so you can trust this review as being recent. I would recommend this doctor to anyone :).

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Dr. Farine and his staff were extremely caring, always willing to help. If Dr. Farine was ever away from the office, his staff was there to answer my phone calls. Sandra the secretary was very helpful with changing appointments (THEY GIVE YOU AN APPOINTMENT LIST FOR THE WHOLE PREGNANCY) also with booking ultrasound, any time I need blood work she filled out the reqs for me. Some of these comments are outrageously wrong. Yes, wait times were long but I knew I was in good hands

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Dr. Farine and his staff were wonderful. I felt taken care of. Yes the appointments were short and they were busy but that was because they were focused on cases that needed more attention. I was grateful to be taught that I was pregnant, not sick . I felt that if there had been an issue or an emergency I would have had more attention on me. I was quite happy to be 'boring' and healthy and thus have had less attention on me.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015