Ratings for Dr. William S. Teachey

Would not recommend to anyone. He was very unorganized and didn't really make any sense when he was trying to explain to me that my nasal and sinuses allergies were related to "myofascial syndrome." The correlation did not make sense. I almost felt as if he was trying to sell me something because he was trying to get me to buy a book and such on this syndrome. All of his research and information he provided me was from the 80s. I'll be seeing another ENT.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Dr. Teachey is wonderful and very educated on myofascial pain syndrome. He diagnosed my condition with symptoms of shortness of breath and difficulty swallowing, in addition to other problems. He is patient and kind and his staff genuinely cares about your well being. I highly recommend Dr. Teachey and his team.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

The best ENT Dr. there is. He saved me with the correct diagnosis.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I had seen my PCP 4 times, urgent care twice, my rheumatologist, my oncologist, and a pulmonologist twice before seeing Dr. Teachey for an array of symptoms beginning 5 months earlier. It began with shortness of breath which did not respond to asthma meds. A few weeks later I began having deep, sharp pain mostly along the long bones of my arms and my voice changed to constantly hoarse. I had x-rays, a CT scan, a bone scan and pulmonary function testing- all normal (and expensive). My doctors were starting to ask me if I was depressed… The shortness of breath was making my life miserable. After Dr. Teachey listened attentively to my history (the only other doctor who did that was my trusted oncologist) .He said, “ I think I know what you have”. He gave me injections in various areas of my neck (a little scary but not as scary as constant shortness of breath). During the third one, I had the sensation of it shooting down my chest and I instantly could breathe. I nearly burst into tears with relief. The fourth injection flipped my voice back to normal. It turned out I had myofascial dysfunction, a common but under recognized condition, and I had lucked into one of the very few experts for this condition

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Dr. Teachey is truly exceptional! He successfully treated me for chronic sinus and breathing issues that I had been battling for years with little relief. Dr. Teachey is extremely knowledgable, technically skilled, and incredibly compassionate. His nurses are wonderful and they truly care about the well-being and health of their patients. His practice sets the standard for what health care should be for all patients. I give him and his staff my highest recommendation!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Have been a patient over 40 years. Dr. T is very knowledgeable, and clearly coveys needed information for patient care. His staff is friendly and they are concerned with the overall well being of their patients. He performed cholesteatoma surgery in 2007 which saved my life, and his follow up care has been excellent. My wait time is usually five minutes or less from my appointment time. I highly recommend Va. Beach ENT and Dr. Teachey to anyone with allergy or ENT needs.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Excellent, knowledge, compassionate both doctor and staff treated me with respect and spoke to me in a manner consistent with what medicine used to be about ~ healing and do no harm. He understood the helpfulness of physical therapy to treating symptoms of sore throats and vestibular vertigo. Accomplished at interpreting audiology graphs. Explained the why and what may be the cause of my symptoms.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I have suffered from migraines most of my life. Dr. Teachey helped me by treating trigger points in my neck, and showed me how to work on these myself, along with exercises. My migraines have decreased dramatically!!! I will highly recommend him to others!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I would recommend Dr. Teachey because he is a very caring and excellent doctor! He also has the best office staff as well! I have been dealing with severe head and neck pain for 20 years now and thought that this was something I had to endure on my own. Dr. Teachey was able to accurately exam me and properly identify what condition I actually (myofascial pain) have after seeing neurologists, a neurosurgeon, and other doctors! I am now receiving the care that I need to move forward in life and it gave me hope that my future is bright!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Teachey. He has made a tremendous improvement in my quality of life. I suffer from myofascial pain and Dr. Teachey has given me relief that I didn't think was possible. My husband initially visited Dr. Teachey years ago for sinus issues and noticed the trigger point chart on his wall. He suggested that I visit Dr. Teachey as well. Dr. Teachey is not only a wonderful ENT doctor but is highly skilled in myofascial pain management.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Dr. William S. Teachey's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)