Ratings for Dr. S. Younan

I recently went to visit Dr. Younan and before I went I called to ensure they are running on time because I HATE sitting at her office for hours. When I called they assured me they are right on time and I can tell this was a lie, when I got there I had to wait 40 minutes before I got called into a room and then another 30 minutes before she came into the room. I was given a note that I should no long see Walk In Clinics because it affects her pay - do I care - NO! She makes 6 figures! I hate going to see her because I loose an entire day waiting for my appointment where as I can be in and out of a Walk In Clinic within 30 minutes! I have been seeing her for over 20 years but avoid seeing her since I cannot stand the waiting time! I saw her last month after 3 years and I felt quite rushed, I'm not sure if she was upset that I've been going to see Walk In Clinics and not her.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Been a patient since around 1995. She is very knowledgable and great at diagnosing. I trust her judgement sometimes more than specialists I have seen. She genuinely cares about her patients and goes out of her way to get you the best care as quickly as she can and do anything she can to help. She expedites wait times and processes for emergency cases. When she is not sure she won't hesitate to send patients to specialists and have further testing done. She has a great memory in terms of her patients med history but can sometimes lose focus with paperwork, dr notes, refferals and prescriptions. It is best to come prepared with a clear concise itinerary for your visit. Her wait time is bad but it used to be much worse. It is worth the wait since she is a great doctor!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Yes, the punctuality may not be the strongest point, but I believe it's improved a lot compared to how it used to be. She's a very good doctor, that's why she's so busy but over all it's worth the wait. She's very knowledgeable and treats patients with respect.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Honestly terrible waiting time. You will have an appointment for noon and you will end up being there all day. I want to change doctors so badly. I had an appointment the other day and she didn't even show up to her office until 45 min after the start of my appt. unbelievably unprofessional

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

20 Years with Dr Younan and decided to change the Family doctor due to the ridiculous waiting time and if you ask how long will it take, she will put you into a room and never visits you until all the patients are gone. This is her way of taking revenge for asking her the wait time. I go to get medication for High blood pressure and I always end up with increased dosage due to the long wait the makes my BP raise. There are better doctors around with less waiting time so I decided to move on. Bye Bye 4 to 5 hrs of waiting time...

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Waiting time is terrible. Some time for 4 hours with appointment. If I have to see her, means I losing on day. She is running from one patient to another without finishing with first one. Forgetting give referral's and proscriptions. Any visit to her office stressful. Doesn't take to consideration your complains, saying it's OK, but it not. However, in serious situation she acted quickly and professional and save my relative life. But any way, If I get a chance, I will definitely change my family doctor.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Younan is an exceptional doctor. She is friendly and caring - definitely worth the outrageous wait time. However, Mr. Younan is an absolute jerk. He is rude, condescending, and treats patients horribly. I have no idea why he finds it necessary to interfere with the practice. His male ego prevents treating people with respect, especially women. The only thing keeping me from transferring is Dr. Younan's excellent level of care.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

I have been with her for many years off and on. She is fine if you do not challenge her by asking questions etc. She is not open to new treatments ; it's all about the meds. Antidepressants for everything! She missed a serious illness I had and became very angry when I saw another MD for diagnosis.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

I was patient with Dr. Younan since 1998. The receptionists are terrible with no patience. Dr. Younan have terrible knowledge with medical issues. She depends on the intern's word. She should figure out what is wrong with me by herself not following intern's word. The intern is learning to be doctor. It have impacted on my health badly and not care about me. She sometime have problem on caring on some patients. The waiting time is terrible. I have waited too long. She should improve her medical knowledge. She made few flaws on her medical knowledge. She needs to study more on medical issues if she wants to be doctor. I am very disappointed with her for not being honest with me. My health have screwed up. She needs to be smarten up and have more caring with patients.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

For 14 years our family has visited Dr. Younan for all of our medical needs. Though not always on time, we are okay with this as it reflects how busy and in dans she is. When she is with you in the room you have her full attention and she has incredible memory and is able to reflect back to previous parts of your medical history that even you could easily forget about! She is kind and genuinely cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014