Ratings for Dr. John Fitzsimons

He prescribes medication it seems without knowing the long term affects. A medication that comes to mind is zopiclone, which he seems to hand out like candy. May not be a benzo but has now been shown to have the same dependence and symptoms of a benzo. Pretty sure he medication even says on the bottle only to take briefly and to not be used prolifically.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

This place i just visited this week the service is horrific, what bothers me is they say there under new management they are not, York medical was there before them and moved accross the street to 181-green lane Unit 2 L3Y8W3 , this is not new management York medical must at the mentioned address, I would stear clear of this place they make you wait 3 hours, and don't properly diagnose you, actually they don't really care that's the attitude i received from them be care with your health when going to this place they were located at 125 Wellington Street west in Aurora suite 105 before moving here, this is not new management.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

He has been my doctor for years and has always been extremely thorough with my visits. You may have to wait forever in the waiting room, but it is worth the wait once you see him. You can tell he is truly passionate about what he does and he is a great doctor!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

- changed doctors a number of years ago - previous doctor was great while I was perfectly healthy but fell short when I got sick - been under Dr. J. Fitzsimons care since - and got access to treatment to get better - also access to a much wider variety of specialists to fix the health problems. Also, Dr. J's assistant (docs in training?) have given me second opinions while I wait for Dr. J. on complex problems and that has also been very helpful. thank you Dr. Fitzsimons and staff

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

He is not what he used to be. He has cut his hours and is always late. The only plus is that IF you actually get to see him he knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

He's the best family doctors he's been mine since I was born 18 years now best doctor ever

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I think John is a good doctor he has been practising for a long time so I will give him that, just that he is only there at night and the place is always packed I don't feel I get the one on one I should be getting with various medical problems I am a patient of his but sometimes have to go to other walk-in clinics because I can't sit there for 2 hours I really start feeling really sick an dizzy I just can't wait that long, I wish one day they can get organized because by going to other doctors especially ones at this clinic that are very rude and don't care about dr. Fitzsimons patients is putting my health and other peoples health at risk , the doctors covering for Dr. F , are just rushing dr. Fitzsimons patients out there they don't care if I have a medical problem and Dr. Fitzsimons isn't there well you should treat his patients like your patients don't treats his patients like dirt, in which they really do, I was in a situation I was feeling so sick I had to go to the hospital I can't sit in that clinic for 2-3 hours with an appointment even do Dr. Fitzisimons maybe good that does not help me. There is one doctor there sometimes covering for Dr. F, and he is totally useless, I call him doctor clump, I think his name is doctor Curtlard, no manners makes doctors fitzisimons patients wait for hours doesn't even want to deal with you .tells you to go see him I am here know, I need help know, just help me don't treat me like cramp, I wish doctor Fitzsimons can hire doctors that respect his patients instead of treating them like dirt.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Fantastic Doctor even though he overbooks & is rushed most of the time. Always takes my concerns/opinions into account when diagnosing instead of brushing me off like most walk-in doctors in the area. I like that he will refer you without a hassle if you have further concerns. (Bradford Office)

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Dr Fitzsimmons always takes the time to listen and that is why you may end up having to wait your turn. You can tell that he really cares about his patients. He has been a great support to me at a very difficult time in my life. You will not find many family doctors who will take the time to attend to your mental health on top of your physical well being.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011