Ratings for Dr. Narendra Armogan

Very knowledgeable, caring and efficient answering all questions and dealing effectively with my complex case

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

PLEASE LISTEN TO THESE REVIEWS. THERE IS ALMOST 100 BAD REVIEWS FOR A REASON! This doctor takes advantage of seniors who were raised to trust doctors. He will preform surgeries that are unnecessary with high risks involving seniors. If its covered by ohip he will convince you to do a surgery that's optional. He does it care about your quality of life. I REPEAT this doctor does not care about your EYESIGHT!!!! He will do elective surgery on patients who are high risk due to age and then when complications happen (this is great for him...more ohip money!!!! Ever wonder why you're assessed continually? OHIP!) YOUVE BECOME A PATIENT FOR THE REST OF YOUR YEARS DIMINISHING YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE AND LINING HIS POCKETBOOKS. This man will improperly consult you into surgeries and then blame you for making that desicion qhen things go. Do not get elective surgery here. Please trust me as the CPSO isnt what you think. I'm a healthcare practitioner who was fooled. I'm reporting him to the CMFA which looks into OHIP and unnecessary charges to the program. However if hes performing assessments and surgeries he is covered. Doctors are not governed in Canada ( or barbados or Trinidad and Tobago or Guyana....seriously look into your doctors) therefore of you lose your sight and retain a good lawyer nothing will come of it. Dont trust. Dont go. Please I'm begging you.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2018

RUN, RUN, RUN and STAY AWAY from this doctor. I have retina issues and was referred to this doctor. It was the most horrible experience. He spent less than 2 minutes with me. He is rude, arrogant, disrespectful and has no basic manners. Runs between the two rooms like the building is on fire and does not even look at the patient . Gets irritated if asked questions and refuses to explain tests and procedures. He even raised his voice at me when I asked for the explanation of some tests because I have other health issues. The rest of the staff are like robots. No matter how often you come in, they always want you to have the same eye pressure and vision tests done and pupils dilated . Sometimes they even forget about you. It seems the office always overbooks, because the waits are always long. It seems that they do not care that almost every patient has somebody accompany them and that family member or friend probably took time off work. LOOK FOR ANOTHER CLINIC or at least see another doctor at OCC.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2018

My great aunt had a similar terrible experience as most have said they've experienced in her. Unfortunately, by the time she consulted with legal representation it was too late. The only way to make a difference is to report this money motivated animal to the CPSO

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

worst dr ever . rude and only interested in making money

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

It is really a horrible experience to be treated in OCC. The staff is human robots who have no courtesy to smile even. No privacy of patients is being maintained. Doctor Armogan looks like he is the most busiest man on earth and hardly gives you time to talk. The only focus is to book another appointment. They are serious to make their money only. If you have choice never go there. If you are forced then at least see Dr. Gill there.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

My grandmother went for a cataract surgery.. he was so rude to her and she had a terrible surgery. She cannot see after her surgery and he said it was her fault.. what kind of doctor is this. He should loose his lisence.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

When I first met this doctor, I didn't have a good impression of him because he seemed to be rushing. However, later on I realized that he pays attention to detail and remembers things really well. For a patient that he sees only a few minutes for every appointment, he has a really good memory. He picks up where he left off in his conversations with patients. He even complimented on my shoes once and told me I wore different shoes for each appointment, I didn't even notice! I did check and he was right...I only saw him die a few appointments at that time. He speaks very quickly, but if you have any concerns he will try his best to re-explain or even physically demonstrates what he means. I had a bit of an anxiety attack and he quickly responded ( i thought it was weird that he tilted the chair backwards, but my friend informed me people would do that if they think you're going to faint). I worked in a clinic before so I know how fast paced it can get. Doctors try to be as fast, accurate and efficient as possible. He doesn't waste his time. He'll answer the important questions. If you're referred to his clinic, remember that he already knows your condition, he just needs to do a check to confirm it. People need to remember that our optometrist is your primary eye care doctor unless you are sent to a specialist for a second opinion on your eye condition. All questions should be asked during the initial consultation with him so he can spend more time clarifying things for you. Otherwise, surgery and follow up laser therapy is a quick in and out. Any deterioration or changes, he'll let you know. He'll update you on the progress every few appointments, especially if it's only 2 days apart. If your appointment is further apart, he'll explain more about your progress and the follow up required. That's my experience with this doctor, hope it helps you decide on what works best for you.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Dr. Armogan is one of the worst ophthalmologists in Mississauga. He never bothers to answer questions. he doesnt listen to patient history or symptoms. He doesnt tell you the results either (eye pressure, results from OCT etc.). I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Do not believe the 5 ratings on this website for him. he always rushes with patients and is extremely condescending of any and all concerns. I am not qualified to judge his knowledge but can definitely say that he needs to improve his people skills. A doctor who does not answer his/her patient's questions is not a very good doctor in my opinion.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I was referred to this doctor after a simple eye check at Costco so no prior experience with him. Like the other reviews below I was rushed through the very busy clinic like cattle. My test with their staff was hurried prior to my consult with the doctor. No one prepares you for what they are about to do or why. I had to repeat simple answers multiple times because his staff proved they were not listening during my eye tests. No questions about previous conditions. They had very little medical information about me. My consult with Dr. Armagon lasted less than 5 min wherein he asserted that I had a type of glaucoma that could lead to overnight blindness and go upstairs to book your surgery. Was not provided enough time to process his diagnosis or ask any real questions like, "what is the name of my condition?", "is surgery my only option?" The experience was very cold, confusing and ultimately terrifying. If you have the option to see another Doctor with much better bedside manner I would highly recommend it!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Narendra Armogan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Davis Vision
UnitedHealthcare
Vision Service Plan (Vsp)