Ratings for Dr. Narendra Armogan

I would not recommend having retina detachment surgery preformed by Dr. Narendra Armogan. He rushes through surgery and only cares about getting to the next patient. First, I had a retina detachment. He preformed surgery using the oil method. After the procedure I was in a lot of pain, I had to take Tylenol 3. Then, he did the surgery to remove the oil and again, after the procedure I was in a lot of pain, I had to take Tylenol 3. By the end of the week, my retina detached again and I required a third surgery. He used the oil method again. The second detachment was due to a scar, if he didn't rush through the first procedure the scarring would not have occurred and the third procedure would not have been required. After the third surgery he told me that I had to keep the oil in for 1 year. I asked him if I would have any vision after the year with the oil in place. He said he didn't think I would get any vision back. I searched for a second opinion at Toronto Western Hospital. The doctor there suggested removing the oil as soon as possible so I would not be completely blind. The surgery was done at the hospital. After the surgery, I had no pain and I didn't have to take any pain medication. Since then 40% of my vision has been restored and it's still getting better. During my last visit the surgeon told me that my retina is healing well and I don't need to see him any more.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

My husband and I went to see Dr. Armogan however I did not go into the examination room at the first consultation. This was a referral. When I asked my husband what the diagnosis was and treatment plan , he did not know and told me he had not been advised. When we went to the follow up visit , I went with my husband to all the tests and examinations and also to the room that Dr Armogan uses to see the patients. He did not greet my husband , did not acknowledge my presence, his exam was very quick and he tried to rush us out. When we asked him some questions he did not answer our questions and was quite condescending. I find this ophthalmologist rude, and arrogant and he treats patients in an unacceptable manner . Patients have the right to be well informed of their illnesses, treatment plans , risks and prognosis. I believe that although these ratings are important it is also helpful to notify OHIP.

Submitted June 18, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Armogan's for over five years now. I required emergency eye surgery and two subsequent surgeries in a four month period. I continue to see Dr Armogan every four months to monitor my eye. The care that I have received has been superb. Yes this is a very busy facility that sees a large number of patients due to the increasing number of people suffering from eye ailments so you do need to have patience but I am confident in saying that the experience and expertise of Dr Armogan has and continues to provide me with the best possible eye support and care.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Very dismissive of my questions. Gave me the feeling that he wanted me gone so the next patient could take my place

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Had an appointment with the doctor and it felt very rushed. i would also like to echo the sentiment of feeling like it was an assembly line. but the most concerning was the battery of tests which may or may not be needed. Seems like the system is setup to milk money. I will be getting another opinion.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Armogan is extremely professional and thorough. He is nice, Happy to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Excellent doctor and a very compassionate man. He is extremely skilled and is one of the top rated doctors in North America.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

What a horrible experience! This clinic is like an assembly line. So cold and impersonal and you're treated like a peace of meat. My husband and I were absolutely shocked when we met Dr. Armogan, this sorry excuse for a doctor. He spent all of two minutes with us. Checked my husband's eyes, told him he had macular degeneration and he would probably go blind, and then tossed a bottle of Vitalux at him and said, "Here, take this. You'll be seeing me a lot in the coming years." Then he left the room, not giving us a chance to ask any questions. We were stunned! And, no, we never went back. We found a local doctor who actually cares about his patients.

Submitted January 30, 2017

Assembly line atmosphere. You see 4-5 people before you see the Dr. Armogan. He only has less than 1 minute to spend with you. I think they are overbilling OHIP with an eye exam every time you go. Not wheelchair assessable. For the last 8 months since I have been going there, the elevator has not worked. He is always in a mad rush and patients feel it.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

This doctor is the worst eye doctor I have ever seen. He is always rush. He is the only doctor who wants to do the test after he has seen you. Will he examine the test after you have left? I doubt.

Submitted January 16, 2017

Dr. Narendra Armogan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients