Ratings for Dr. Narendra Armogan

My grandmother went for a cataract surgery.. he was so rude to her and she had a terrible surgery. She cannot see after her surgery and he said it was her fault.. what kind of doctor is this. He should loose his lisence.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

When I first met this doctor, I didn't have a good impression of him because he seemed to be rushing. However, later on I realized that he pays attention to detail and remembers things really well. For a patient that he sees only a few minutes for every appointment, he has a really good memory. He picks up where he left off in his conversations with patients. He even complimented on my shoes once and told me I wore different shoes for each appointment, I didn't even notice! I did check and he was right...I only saw him die a few appointments at that time. He speaks very quickly, but if you have any concerns he will try his best to re-explain or even physically demonstrates what he means. I had a bit of an anxiety attack and he quickly responded ( i thought it was weird that he tilted the chair backwards, but my friend informed me people would do that if they think you're going to faint). I worked in a clinic before so I know how fast paced it can get. Doctors try to be as fast, accurate and efficient as possible. He doesn't waste his time. He'll answer the important questions. If you're referred to his clinic, remember that he already knows your condition, he just needs to do a check to confirm it. People need to remember that our optometrist is your primary eye care doctor unless you are sent to a specialist for a second opinion on your eye condition. All questions should be asked during the initial consultation with him so he can spend more time clarifying things for you. Otherwise, surgery and follow up laser therapy is a quick in and out. Any deterioration or changes, he'll let you know. He'll update you on the progress every few appointments, especially if it's only 2 days apart. If your appointment is further apart, he'll explain more about your progress and the follow up required. That's my experience with this doctor, hope it helps you decide on what works best for you.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Dr. Armogan is one of the worst ophthalmologists in Mississauga. He never bothers to answer questions. he doesnt listen to patient history or symptoms. He doesnt tell you the results either (eye pressure, results from OCT etc.). I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Do not believe the 5 ratings on this website for him. he always rushes with patients and is extremely condescending of any and all concerns. I am not qualified to judge his knowledge but can definitely say that he needs to improve his people skills. A doctor who does not answer his/her patient's questions is not a very good doctor in my opinion.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I was referred to this doctor after a simple eye check at Costco so no prior experience with him. Like the other reviews below I was rushed through the very busy clinic like cattle. My test with their staff was hurried prior to my consult with the doctor. No one prepares you for what they are about to do or why. I had to repeat simple answers multiple times because his staff proved they were not listening during my eye tests. No questions about previous conditions. They had very little medical information about me. My consult with Dr. Armagon lasted less than 5 min wherein he asserted that I had a type of glaucoma that could lead to overnight blindness and go upstairs to book your surgery. Was not provided enough time to process his diagnosis or ask any real questions like, "what is the name of my condition?", "is surgery my only option?" The experience was very cold, confusing and ultimately terrifying. If you have the option to see another Doctor with much better bedside manner I would highly recommend it!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Worse doctor in the world. Assembly line atmosphere. He is too busy going in and out of sliding door offices. Wanted to see me every 3 months Went for another consult, I have to go every year. Talk about overbilling OHIP?? Even the eye vitamins you have to buy there are not AEDS2 approved for Age related macular degeneration. My mother had eye injections once a month for $120. She went to another ophthalmologist and not does not have to pay that every month. To top it all off, they did not even call to see why we are not returning. This atmosphere is a business vs professional medical concerns.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

Horrible experience. After being rushed from room to room like an assembly line, nobody telling anything, this horrible doctor rushes in the room, checking my eyes through a machine, concluding in a few seconds I have to go through a very dangerous surgery. No explanation, no chance to ask any questions, just pushing for surgery. I will definitely ask for a second opinion. This should not happen! I am a physician myself, but I never treated a patient with so much disconsideration and disrespect. No compassion, no respect, no human interaction, no consideration for patient. what kind of doctor is this?

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I would not recommend having retina detachment surgery preformed by Dr. Narendra Armogan. He rushes through surgery and only cares about getting to the next patient. First, I had a retina detachment. He preformed surgery using the oil method. After the procedure I was in a lot of pain, I had to take Tylenol 3. Then, he did the surgery to remove the oil and again, after the procedure I was in a lot of pain, I had to take Tylenol 3. By the end of the week, my retina detached again and I required a third surgery. He used the oil method again. The second detachment was due to a scar, if he didn't rush through the first procedure the scarring would not have occurred and the third procedure would not have been required. After the third surgery he told me that I had to keep the oil in for 1 year. I asked him if I would have any vision after the year with the oil in place. He said he didn't think I would get any vision back. I searched for a second opinion at Toronto Western Hospital. The doctor there suggested removing the oil as soon as possible so I would not be completely blind. The surgery was done at the hospital. After the surgery, I had no pain and I didn't have to take any pain medication. Since then 40% of my vision has been restored and it's still getting better. During my last visit the surgeon told me that my retina is healing well and I don't need to see him any more.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

My husband and I went to see Dr. Armogan however I did not go into the examination room at the first consultation. This was a referral. When I asked my husband what the diagnosis was and treatment plan , he did not know and told me he had not been advised. When we went to the follow up visit , I went with my husband to all the tests and examinations and also to the room that Dr Armogan uses to see the patients. He did not greet my husband , did not acknowledge my presence, his exam was very quick and he tried to rush us out. When we asked him some questions he did not answer our questions and was quite condescending. I find this ophthalmologist rude, and arrogant and he treats patients in an unacceptable manner . Patients have the right to be well informed of their illnesses, treatment plans , risks and prognosis. I believe that although these ratings are important it is also helpful to notify OHIP.

Submitted June 18, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Armogan's for over five years now. I required emergency eye surgery and two subsequent surgeries in a four month period. I continue to see Dr Armogan every four months to monitor my eye. The care that I have received has been superb. Yes this is a very busy facility that sees a large number of patients due to the increasing number of people suffering from eye ailments so you do need to have patience but I am confident in saying that the experience and expertise of Dr Armogan has and continues to provide me with the best possible eye support and care.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Very dismissive of my questions. Gave me the feeling that he wanted me gone so the next patient could take my place

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr. Narendra Armogan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

First Health Network