Ratings for Dr. Joanne McDonald

Very pleased with her care while she was my rheumatologist until she retired. Very thorough, spent time explaining treatment.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

In my opinion this woman should not be practicing. She is the cause of my father's death. If you are a rheumatologist and are knowledgeable in your practice, you should know the serious risk factors that are associated with RA. Countless times my father complained to her of shortness of breath and she ignored it. He had bruises all over his body she ignored and said it is normal. One of the medications had him bed bound and she ignored it. All she had to do was check his oxygen level (a machine that in my opinion all RA's should have) to know that there was an issue with his lung! The only she was able to do was do trial and error with different pills and pretend she knows what she is doing. I'm more upset that I was not knowledgeable enough to know that this woman is more of a butcher than a doctor. While my father was in her care (2 months before he passed away) she supposedly retired and was seeing only a few patients, chosen patients I suppose.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

was very caring and spends enough time with patients to explain tests, etc

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

In my opinion, not very good for lupus patients. Does not listen to patient's opinion and disregards new symptoms. She is always on time though.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

Dr McDonald is very thorough in her examination, extremely helpful in offering new therapies. I have beening going to her for some years now. I like that the appointments are on time. Her secretary very nice helpful, and kind. I am very happy that I have Dr McDonald as my Rheumatologist and lucky

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

Dr.Macdonald is amazing!!!She doesn't miss a thing I could'nt be more pleased!!! I have never had a problem with her secretary I have always enjoyed my conversations with her!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2010

I am impressed with Dr. McDonald, however the administrative assistant is very rude and very impersonal. I am considering switching doctors because of the hassles I get trying to confirm appointments.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

Dr. McDonald spent over an hour with me going over my test results, examining me and ultimately diagnosing my fibromyalgia. She was very thorough,pleasant, and answered all my questions. She referred me to a fibromyalgia clinic which she thought I would find beneficial. I would recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

I have no problem with Dr.McDonald, she seems nice and helpfull,however I have a problem with her secretay. She is rude, blunt and you feel like you are imposing on her when you ask her a question!! Having such a secratary in a doctor's office should have a bit more empathy towards their patients. She hung on me when she was confronted for her being rude.Her condescending way is the a result of not recommend this doctor.I would rather go through the whole blood work and wait 6 months then go back to such place..I am not sure why Dr.McDonald puts up with that,does she know that I am not the only one who thinks that! That must not be good for her profession nor her reputation!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

She is thorough but she refuses to follow-up with fibromyalgia patients even though this debilitating disease is a rheumatological problem. She insists a GP can handle her instructions to just refill the medication she recommends, but symptoms and health condition changes and this needs to be monitored by a rheumatologist for other suggestions and solutions. One treatment may work for one person but not another. She is very frugal with organizing tests which are important to confirming the pain and other types of arthritis and her secretary is extremely rude and speaks to people in a condescending way. I would not recommend this Dr.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2008