Ratings for Dr. Dawn D. Motyka

She treated me like I was retarded or uneducated (I am a physical therapist with a doctorate myself)at each visit. Her medical assistant was rude and unprofessional, revealing lab results in a public area - a HIPAA violation. Dr. Motyka was made aware of this and did absolutely nothing about it. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend her to anyone due to her condescending attitude and lack of basic courtesy. I moved on to a wonderful doctor instead(Dr. Maria Greaves).

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

Dr. Dawn Motyka is both a great diagnostic medical doctor and keen researcher into what alternative medicine offers that actually has been proven to work. She solved my problem in a couple of visits that was tormenting me for seven years and which three other doctors had not a clue about. She is like a Dr. House, a doctor's doctor...and is brilliant. Yes...she can be abrupt...but she also takes the extra time to weed through a lot of stuff other doctors are just unaware of. If you walk in organized, and tell her up front what concerns you, she is at her best. If you come in with a lot of junk you got off the Internet, or wait until the end of your appointment to bring up what really concerns you...then you should be seeing a different doctor! Tune in to hear her answer health questions 9 a.m. PST every Saturday on KUSP 88.9 FM (National Public Radio archived here http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=510055) Her web site has useful research http://www.askdrdawn.com/askdrdawn.php

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Dr Motyka is without a doubt the best family doctor that I have ever seen. She quickly diagnosed and fixed an issue I had with fatigue for over 3 years. None of the other doctors I've seen over the years was able to help.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2010

Dr. Motyka is not a very good listener and neither is her staff. She is innovative and knowledgable but what good is that if she won't listen to what is going on? She tended to talk down to me which I didn't appreciate and I'd leave often feeling like I'd been treated like I had only a basic level of intelligence. Her physician's assitant was all over the place and didn't focuse well on what was being told to him when I spoke to him.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

she has been in the field too long, probably has too many patients, always thinks she is right.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2008

smart but lacks follow-through. generally rushed, so if you visit with a well defined issue, you'll be fine. on the other hand, she is not a typical md; she listens and is willing to thing outside the box.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

This doctor is way too rushed, too quick to diagnos (cuts you off once she thinks she knows what's wrong), brushes off potentially useful information, and judgemental. She rebuked me for coming in while sick/having an episode and refused abortive/emergency treatment. She misdiagnosed an older female relative suffering from rhumatoid arthritis. AVOID at all costs or just listen to her on the radio-that seems to be her priority.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

Dr. Dawn D. Motyka's Credentials

• University Of California, Davis School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Cruz, CA