Ratings for Dr. Bruce Minnes

On September 29, 2014, the Discipline Committee found that Dr. Bruce Gordon Minnes committed acts of professional misconduct, in that he has engaged in conduct or an act or acts relevant to the practice of medicine that, having regard to all the circumstances, would reasonably be regarded by members as disgraceful, dishonourable or unprofessional.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

Dr Minnes was leaving for his break saw us arriving flustered and confused at Sick Kids and came over to calm us and then went out of his way to assist us in finding the right place to go at Sick Kids for emergency dental treatment (we had brought in our young child with badly damaged teeth) At a time when we were vulnerable and alarmed he showed great compassion, kindness and professionalism and we remain extremely grateful to him for that that.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Minnes treated my son twice at sick kids and I found him to be a caring, kind and compassionate doctor. My son related well to him and I could see he felt acknowledged in his physical complaint. In contrast some of the nurses made my son feel silly in his discomfort. Dr. Minnes was also key in helping my son deal with symptoms from a concussion, when many other professionals were unable to help him. I will always be grateful for this.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

This cannot be true - these are only "allegations". Dr. Minnes is a gentle, kind and caring physician.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

I would not recommend this doctor due to the charges pending against him: "Allegations of Dr. Minnes' professional misconduct have been referred to the Discipline Committee of the College. It is alleged that Dr. Minnes engaged in the sexual abuse of a patient, whose identity has been disclosed to Dr. Minnes under separate cover, and disgraceful, dishonourable or unprofessional conduct in his dealings with staff and patients at the hospital including by making inappropriate comments and engaging in inappropriate physical contact." This is a matter of public record as can be seen on the website of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario at the following link: http://www.cpso.on.ca/publicregister/details.aspx?view=4&id=%2057197 This doctor works with children. I'm just curious, can anyone tell me the definition of ****?

Submitted July 13, 2013

caring doctor, knows what to do, and also is funny, made my kid coping with the time spent in the hospital easier

flag | Submitted May 23, 2010

I would say THE best pediatric emerg doc. Patient, attentive and caring. Went the extra mile, a very rare find!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

One of the best pediatric emergency doctors. He was extremely patient and took the time to get to know the patient and family, and explained everything in understandable terms.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2007