Ratings for Dr. Louis Fields

I have never had a good experience with doctor fields. All I've felt is being rushed out and neglected, as if my time doesnt matter to him at all. With no explanation to my issues, he would write me a prescription which then gave me an allergic reaction to my mouth and throat which could have killed me. He's at the point where he needs to retire, he doesnt care about you, only the business aspect of the medical field. No compassion or human touch from him either. I have gladly moved to a new home and will look for another doctor that might actually care about their patients.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2018

When I saw him he was chatting with his pool boy while I waited over an hour to see him and then he carried on with his personal stuff. I noticed he catered to *his kind of people*.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

This happened 28 years ago. However reading the comments below Dr Fields has not changed. Our father was diagnosed with ALS. It was pre-computer era, we could not get the information about ALS. I went with my sister to see Dr Fields for advise and information. My Dad was his patient for many, many years. Dr Fields got very angry at us, he said we are wasting his time and he will talk only to our father , he got up and told us to leave his office immediately. (Dad was extremely traumatized by what was happening to him, I think he also was not advised properly). As soon as he referred Dad to specialist he never, never even called to check on his progress!!! I know it is a long time ago but I never was able to put it in writing. Dr Fields I hope you did not experienced such a treatment in most vulnerable time. Daughter of your past patient who still hurts after your "respect".

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

He has been our family doctor for over 40 years. I find him to be very kind and compassionate and very knowledgeable. He seems to always understand our needs and cares for our concerns.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I found him somewhat knowledgeable but like everyone else, I found him to always be in a. Hurry despite always being late for appointments. I think he's always overbooked.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

My now elderly mother has been seeing dr fields for many years. He is always rushed & away so much she is seeing someone else much of the time (sometimes preferable as we have gotten more information from fill in dr). Asks her to come in constantly to recheck blood pressure as though she has nothing else to do. She often comes home after seeing him and has no new understanding of what is going. He seems to feel there is no need for her to understand. She has been left on exam table so long that she had to get dressed and go look for him. He is very dismissive, uninformative, brash and arrogant. He sends her to many specialist & tests but she has to specifically remind him to review results. Seems like he is into the business of medicine; when you ask a question he lectures about who is the doctor as though you have no right to ask most questions. My mom is starting to get dementia and when we come with her he is very dismissive with family members.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

He was once 1 hour late for an appointment because he was dealing with a contractor on renovations for the office. his staff appologized for the delay but he did not. He once prescribed Vioxx for pain in the kidney then two days later instructed me not to continue taking it as he said it was not good for my kidneys. He made no appology for his error. He is insulting and snobbish in his attitude.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

Dr. Fields is very compassionate and knowledgeable. Due to his extensive experience in practice, he is able to quickly estimate the patient's needs. Always gives best referrals and advice... He scores the golden middle of the necessary intervention... For example, after i gave birth, i had occasional incontinence without feeling the urge. I thought it was due to tear, and did not suspect infection. Dr. Fields suprized me, when he quickly requisitioned a test for bacterial infection. It turned out positive, and I got a one-week antibiotic prescription. All the symptoms were cleared away, and here I am, healthy again. I think Dr. Fields is fast, due to his sharp mind and many qualities. He is very knowledgeable, and likes to be of help to patients in real need.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

This guy is all about the business end of his practice. Every appointment took less than 4 minutes. I had to come back "in a few days" to get blood taken, to get a prescription filled, to get my bp checked, to get a referral to a specialist. If he had his way, I would've been in his office 3 times per week. I guess he gets paid per visit. He was extremely rude about my weight and weight loss attempts (it was shocking the stuff he said!). He dismissed my hard work and the 40+ lbs I'd lost and told me that I should be losing min. 5 pounds per week - even without doing any exercise - AND that exercise wasn't important to weight loss ("it's all about the calories"). I left his office feeling hopeless and depressed every time and unmotivated to continue losing weight. Had to stop seeing him so that I could continue getting healthy. What a difference a new doctor makes - I'm motivated, seeing specialists and getting healthy!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Dr Fields has been my family doctor for over 30 years. I have always found him to be a caring, very knowledgeable physician. Sure, he almost always runs late, but he always apologizes. His great strength is that he is an excellent diagnostician. He has spotted things in my body that lots of other doctors have missed. Last year he caught a rare bone disease (Pagets) that my endocrinologist had missed and she had looked at the same blood results as he did. She admitted to me that she had missed it. He sent me to another specialist who is an acknowledged expert in Pagets disease.If Dr Fields thinks that the condition is minor he will tell you so and quickly leave the examination room; but if it is serious he will spring into action, spending time explaining, ordering up tests & getting appointments with specialists. If you need your hand held, he is not the doctor for you; but I, personally want an excellent diagnostician who gives great treatment. That's him.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010