Ratings for Dr. Carl Shearer

I was referred to Dr. Shearer because of severe back pain. I found him to be a pleasant and understanding individual. I've read some very negative reviews here but cannot understand how it is possible that Dr. Shearer is the "worst" for some patients and the "best" for others. I've seen him only once but he did say that if I needed to visit again he will be happy to see me again. An all around pleasant man in my opinion.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I've now seen Dr. Shearer for 2 seperate injuries, one over 8 years ago and one recently. Both experiences were great. He gets to the point and respects your time.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Went to see Dr Shearer today regarding my hip I had no problem with him he was very polite and explained everything to me I would highly recommend him to other.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr Shearer was rude dud not listen to what I had to say regarding my knee,kept telling me " that is not what I asked you" he is rude and arrogant. I am hoping to find someone else as he was referred by another specialist.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

Haha this is so funny. I never leave reviews either, but this guy deserves it. Very condescending and uptight. Very rude. My blood was starting to boil in his office. Not sure if he picked up on that, but his tone changed. He's going to upset the wrong customer and get smacked around his office.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

The. best in his field. He won't keep you waiting either.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I don't usually leave any reviews but my experience with this guy is absolutely terrible. He was extremely arrogant and condescending towards me and has no manners at all. I felt like he had something against me the moment he saw me. At least it's good to know that I am not the only one that was treated this way! Prior to seeing me I can over hear him dealing with another patient in the next room and he was extremely rude to the poor guy as well. I will be looking into how to report this guy, nobody should be treated this way by a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

OMG, Who is this idiot? I have never been treated so terrible by anyone in my entire life as I have been treated by this doctor. He is unprofessional, rude, accusative, and just a total looser. I can't help but wonder how someone like this idiot is allowed to treat his patients in such a terrible manner and is still be able to work as a doctor in a Country that believe in treating everyone fairly. When I went to see this doctor, I was stun to see his behavior towards me. I felt as if I was being question by a police; this idiot integrated me as if I had just commit a terrible crime. I had a terrible accident and my ACL was torn off entirely and I was in terrible pain. First of all, he sat abut 10 feet away from me and there was a computer blocking my view from seeing him, therefore, I was not able to see his face while he was questioning me. After I told him what had happened to cause the injury; his first question to me is, "you must have hurt your knee before this" I told him that the only time I could remember is that when I younger a small child had fell on my feet accidently and that was the only time I could remember. I taught that I was being honest by answering his questions. OMG, this SOB, sent a letter to my family doctor stating that I had already injured my knee and had a torn ACL before the accident. My doctor was shocked to hear him say that, because I had been her patient for over 20 years and she had never treated me for an ACL injury. When my doctor called him to say that his information was not true, he told me that 'what my doctor have to say was share rubbish'. Who in their right mind, especially a doctor speaks about another doctor like that? This SOB's behaviors towards me, has caused me so much stress that delayed my recovery in healing, because he even refused to get me the proper treatments to assist in my recovery. OMG, this is 2016, and this type of behavior is allowed for someone to treat their patient in such a terrible manner, such as lying, accusing, writing wrong information about their patients and refusing to give his patient the right to recover without further stress than what they're dealing with their pain from the injury or condition. This, baster, even push my feet to a place that may have caused my ACL to tare right off, if it was still attach, when I went to see him, in the first place in my view. In fact there was a black-and-blue mark left on my knee after he did that to me. I am asking everyone who was treated in such terrible way by this SOB, to please contact the higher authority regarding this doctor; at lease, that is what, I intends to do, so that no one else don't have to go through with this terrible treatment by this SOB. We have to put a stop to this insan's behavior. by this freak

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

He flirted with the female patient who was a half hour late for her appointment in the exam room next to mine (thin walls). After half an hour of waiting, med school kids tried to diagnose me. A half hour after that, listened to him try to bully some poor soul into getting cortisone injections in his shoulder. After an hour I couldn't wait any longer. I tried to reschedule and the receptionist said the doctor would not see me if I left now. Like ever. Terrible experience and I still don't know what's wrong with my knee. Don't waste your time. Find anyone else.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr Shearer should have his license taken away!! If I had listened to a word out of this idiots face I would be paralyzed from the neck down. He told me to just quit doing gymnastic and my pain would stop and that I was a waste of time and money going on an MRI list. I was 15 at the time. I started to loose feeling in my chest and toes and he told me that didn't make sense and I was lying. I was sent for an MRI by another specialist and was diagnosed with a Spinal cord disorder. I was in surgery two weeks later. They said if it had gone undiagnosed I would have been paralyzed from the neck down at 22!!! Yeah waste of time in the MRI line for sure! If I'd listened to this arrogant jack a** I'd be in a wheel chair!! This idiot needs to take a class in bedside manner and brush up on his med skills. From the looks of other reviews seems I'm not alone in my opinion.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016