Ratings for Dr. Carol C. Frey

I always pay all my bills on time and in full. Was shocked to hear that my loan application was in jeopardy because an unpaid bill of about $30 showed up on my credit report. Found out that Carol Frey had sent my account to collection, saying that I did not pay a supply charge of $30. I then remembered reaching out to both her staff and her personally, numerous times, to explain that I did not owe this amount. I told her that her PA had REUSED a supply (vs. replacing it with a new supply) on a follow-up visit. I begged her to consider the fact that she had gotten paid hundreds/ thousands of dollars from me and my insurance, all on time. Why would I not pay such a small balance if I owed it to her? She wanted to get paid, regardless. I wasn't going to pay what I didn't owe. But, I had no idea that she had sent me to a collection agency. I cannot believe to this day that she behaved like a bully; "pay what I say, otherwise, your credit will be ruined."

flag | Submitted August 3, 2013

Went to see this doc and she misdiagnosed me, even after I tried to tell her I was experiencing nerve issues in my foot. She didn't want to listen and stuck with her diagnoses. Went to a doc at UCLA who correctly diagnosed me after taking the time to actually listen. I agree that she makes you wait an incredibly LONG time and wants to talk with you for only a few minutes. The first visit, I waited only 20 or 25 minutes but EVERY visit after that, I waited for 3 hours to see her for a few minutes. I think it is unacceptable to make patients wait for 3 hours! And I am not the only one. One of my friends had the same experience with the wait. And when I asked her to explain my MRI, I could tell she didn't want to and was frustrated. Isn't that what we pay doctors for?! Her assistant was rude, as was the rest of her staff. The office is extremely unorganized and dirty. She does see high profile patients (athletes) and I think that is where her priority is. I would never go back to her!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Best doctor I have ever been too. I have never had a doctor expalin things so well and then fix a botched bunion from another doctor. Other doctors were there to see her as a doctor!!! I was am now wearing all my shoes, except the really high heels! She told me not to.Went through every shoe in my bag.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

I've hesitated writing this opinion, but after years of pain from the ankle surgery I got from Dr. Frey, I need to write this. I have bad arthritis in both ankles, went to see Dr. Frey in 2007 - my left ankle was much worse, but the right ankle had a spur, so we decided to remove that first - I had surgery May 2007. The spur was removed, but she was so agressive cleaning out everything around joints, that the whole ankle pretty much collapsed. The therapist didn't want to work on it, as it crunched, popped, cracked when he moved it around. When I complained to Dr Frey it was worse, after she looked at the xray suggested I get ankle replacement - that was never needed before surgery. That ankle is in constant pain, along with the whole foot, as the ankle no longer works and the foot has to compensate. Now every dr I go to says the right ankle is bone on bone and much worse than the left ankle. I wish I had never heard of her.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2011

I read some of the other reviews and was appalled. I feel some disgruntled co worker must have made those stories up. Dr Frey is very professional. Great bed side manner. She has done 2 surgeries on my foot/ankle. The first one was to fix a previous surgery another doctor had botched. She did a subtalar fusion on my left ankle. After my surgery while still casted and sitting out by a pool in a wheelchair, a friend's child fell in. I hopped in and pulled him out. She was down in san deigo for the weekend and came back to meet me at emergency to check me out and recast me (as she was worried I'd disturbed the healing process or might get a bone infection from the pool dive). Yes, her office is busy, but far better to wait and have her as your doctor than any of the other six docs I went to see (while trying to find the best person to fix the botched job DR Phillip Kiester's had done on my ankle). She was very pregnant at the time and was already booked but worked me in anyway.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

I love this doctor. I have never had a surgeon talk so much to me and explain my problem. She also redid a surgery I had by another doctor 5 years ago to my big toe. I was in so much pain. Even though she was so busy and sees loads of athletes (pictures all over the wall), she took the time and made me feel like an ahtlete. Also, she has a good sense of humor.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

Had pain for 5 years in ankle from cartilage injury. I came from Santa Cruz. Saw many docs, but only Dr. Frye gave me correct diagnosis. Replaced my cartilage and I finally had no pain and could run. I had to wait a long time to see her but I expected to for someone with this many patients and only a few docs do this surgery. Explained things really well with pictures and drawings.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

I had experiences with her when she was at orthopaedic hospital; she was really snooty and wouldn't even give anyone under her the time of day. I know she is often quoted in articles on foot problems but as a person and how she treats patients is a poor excuse.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2008

As I read the previous post about Frye's unprofessional and rude behavior, I began to wonder if that user/patient had sat in on my own session with this ****. Yes, I know the word "****" is not a very professional term for a doctor. The other user is just nicer and more articulate than I am. Yet that word perfectly describes this poor excuse for a physician. Rude, keeps you waiting an hour or two, condescending -- in fact, after she spent a whole 30 seconds with me (while I had waited 2 hours to see her) and was preparing to exit, I dared to ask her a QUESTION (gasp!), and she ROLLED HER EYES! (As in, "What does THIS one want??") Then she forced a smile, and gave a condescending answer.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2008

Carole Frye kept me waiting for over two hours without any explantation. I needed a ligament reconstruction in my ankle in which I brought her the MRI that she wouldn't let me look at with her. She told me: "yep you need surgery". Told her rude medical assitant what I needed, to write a physical therapy order and walked out. I was shocked how she treated me, and how rude her staff was. I inquired when I could have it done, and the assistant told me there's two month waiting list to do it, and that the doctor would have a pain management doctor follow me in the hospital as she was too busy too. I asked her can I be put on a list in case someone cancels. She said no, I don't do that, but you can call everyday. I guess they feel they can treat a main stream patient this way since her and her associates have treated big name athletes at the horrible, old and out dated hospital they use. STAY AWAY from this one if you want to be treated like a human being.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2005

Dr. Carol C. Frey's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

MSP/BC Med