Ratings for Dr. Robin Woodhead

Dr. Woodhead explains everything pre/post operation, extremely thorough, great bedside manner. Margie and his office staff make things happen quickly when needed. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr. Woodhead was very determined to solve my health issue. He removed my gall bladder however within two days I was back in emergency with pancreatitis. He arranged to have me sent to St. Paul's for another procedure and opinion from their GI specialists he ensured I had the best care. He also came in on his day off to check up on me .. Thank you I have my health back.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Woodhead through family members who insisted I see him, they were very pleased with the results and I am very glad I made the switch...I had Umbilical Hernia surgery last year in Maple Ridge and had a re-occurring mesh infection, I had originally asked that mesh not be used in the repair, a request that was ignored....the original surgeon was reluctant to remove the mesh after numerous visits to his office and a year of antibiotic treatment... Dr. Woodhead was a refreshing change, he actually spent time diagnosing the problem and seemed genuinely concerned about my well being vs. the 30 second appointments I was subjected to... The surgery went without any problems and Dr. Woodhead & nurses at Delta Hospital couldn't have been better.... Thank you for a job well done...

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I have had the pleasure of being a patient of Dr. Woodhead. Dr. Woodhead is a very caring doctor who described my surgical procedure very well to me before I had surgery. He outlined the risks, indicating the likelihood of them happening. Prior to my surgery, he took time to speak with me and then after surgery he did the same. Though the hospital he works at could use some improvements, I am totally satisfied with being his patient and would recommend him to anyone with a GI problem.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

I saw Dr. Woodhead back in December 2014 for an infected pilonidal cyst at the Delta Hospital ER while on Christmas vacation and he drained my cyst for me as well as took a piece out, giving me so much relief! He was prompt, kind, has an excellent bedside manner and is efficient. I would highly recommend him for any kind of surgery you may need within his scope of duties as he is an astute practitioner as well as knowledgeable. The staff at Delta Hospital are absolutely fantastic people and the nurse April as well as the IV nurse Matt went above & beyond for me, if I ever need care in the Delta/Surrey area again I'll definitely go back to Delta Hospital as well.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

i, too, am shocked to see the negative comments about dr. woodhead...i found him an excellent dr. i had 3 surgeries with him last year and he was wonderful...i had a lap band surgery from a private clinic and if you think they are better, go ahead, my experience was terrible and because they put the lapband in the wrong place and they would not have anything to do with me afterwards when i had so many problems i saw dr. woodhead and had to have the band removed !!! he is great ...

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I would not reccomend this Dr for lap band surgery. Yes his wait list is lower and you can get it done quicker. You get it done hes happy to do that and take your money but then thats it. You are on your own. He has no follow up skills in counseling people with weight issues. He never had answers for me when I had problems with banding. You are so much better off to pay a little more and go to clinics that have follow up counseling and help. You will not get any with this Dr.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Short time to wait to see the doctor. Very easy to talk to and listen to your concerns.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

Kind. Knowledgeable. Give complete answers. Doesn't waste time with nonsense.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

It's all about the money, he shows he cares for the first few visits then thats it. please I beg you look around befor going to him. I had the band done with him I truly beleave he needs to learn more about this surgery befor he preforms anymore..

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011