Ratings for Dr. Paolo A. Bolognese

Run for your life!!! This "doctor" will perform unnecessary procedures. How is one of the top doctors in his field not even Board Certified? I have yet to see any of his patients on social media say that they are better AFTER one of the many costly procedures he will insist you have. Scam!!! What he does to children is criminal. How can this person still practice medicine? He settled dozens of malpractice lawsuits. These people probably can't talk because of a gag order. They had to choose money to pay for the extensive medical care they will need for the rest of their lives because of this greedy man, and may not be able to warn people of their current situation. I read that he now makes patients sign social media waivers. Funny that none of his patients spell his full last name either. I wonder if that has to do with people possibly searching it in Facebook and he doesn't want it to come up. They all call him Dr. B. That should be a red flag. One day he will hopefully loose his license, but I am sure more people will die before that happens. RUN!!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2018

Useless Chiari decompression surgery. Resolved nothing. Chiari still evident. Told me I have CCI and need to fuse my skull to cervical spine. No one agrees, my imaging doesn't show CCI and my symptoms don't support a dx of CCI. I understand why he has been sued so often.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

He performed tethered cord surgery in 2011. I had a decompression in 2000 from a doc in RI. I had all kinds of severe problems including incontenence and pain. I was made completely well and regained use of my bladder, bowels and pelvic floor. He was a life saver. I do have eds so I can retether...Hoping I don't.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Do yourself a favor and read the notebooks at the respit house that the chiari center owns where you can stay during surgery. 90% of the books are full of patients writings wishing they didnt have the surgery that he performed on them. Huge scam artist. Even read these reviews below- people are giving him 5 stars and saying "he performed 4 chiari surgeries on me" Umm if you need 4 chiari surgeries you have a doctor problem. Get on some of the EDS or Chiari forums and you will find out the real stories.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

There is a reason he is in the papers every month. He says he will be the answer to every problem you have. Sham sham sham. Let me guess just like me you will get a Chiari and he will convince you that you have one, CCI because he can charge $400,000 plus for them and then later or before you will need the tethered cord. AND he is the only neurosurgeon who sees all this stuff because as he states no one else knows how to read the MRI properly. My family member cant get out of bed since surgery and we have taken her to every big center in the country who told us the same- she never had any of those things she got surgery for.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Great Doctor! Saved my life! Posterior fossa decompression/cranial cervical fusion O/C2 , Oct. 2013. I wasn't able to walk before the surgery. I had no quality of life before I met him, i accept that I will not be the person I was before, but I am so much better and am able to be with my children and family and Walk again! Dr. B is great guy and I found him to be very humble with a great bed-side manner. He makes no promises about anything and any doctor that did promise a cure for a brain/spine malformation isn't much of a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

Dr. Bolognese performed a posterior fossa decompression surgery on me in 4/2015. I had an unforeseen complication in surgery, and as a former neurotrauma ICU nurse, I know without a doubt I would not have survived surgery with a lesser skilled surgeon. I had thoroughly researched him prior to surgery and felt firmly he was the most qualified and skilled choice of surgeon. His secretary and PA work very closely with him and are very responsive. To me, Dr. B is the only choice.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

I had tether cord surgery July 2011. I was diagnosed with chiari prior in Arizona but here at the time they only did decompression brain surgery. I've recovered and after having chronic migraines since 94 I haven't had one since recovering.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Are going to be cured after seeing him? No, and he told us up front that he could do the surgeries on my children providing "band-aids" to help improve their quality of life but could not "fix" the problem as so many expect. I love Dr B and he has always been extremely kind and patient with me and my family. Was told by many doctors there was nothing they could do for my son, he's 8 now. Yes, he has some issues but he's doing more than any other doctor ever said he would do and he's alive.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

After no other doctor would help me, Dr. B offered me hope. He was very detailed in his explanation. He didn't sugar coat anything.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr. Paolo A. Bolognese's Credentials

• Univ Di Torino, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Torino, Italy (Grad. 1985)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan